Escape

Daydream~ [One-shot/Drabble Collection]

Escape - Onew (SHINee) and Taemin (SHINee)

A/N: This was written by me... like last year I think when I was so bored in class. So the timeline is somewhere last year in October.

"I want to run away, away from this world..." Taemin sighed.

All Jinki could do was to look at him with sympathetic eyes. Taemin is like a little brother to him, having watched him grow from an elementary student all the way into his adulthood. Jinki sat on the edge of Taemin's bed and played with one of Taemin's soft toys, which was given by a fan. He is the leader, but most of the time, he never knew what to say to s. He often just sat there listening to 's sorrows quietly until they've emptied their hearts out before finding a solution. 'It's better to understand their problems fully first, isn't it?'

"I know I chose this life," Taemin continued. "but it's becoming unbearable. Hyung..." Taemin sat up and made eye contact with the elder. It was filled with hopelessness. Jinki swallowed; it was not often one would see this side of Lee Taemin.

"... help me?" Taemin pleaded. Jinki ruffled the younger's hair, just like how he did about 6 years ago.

"Did you have to ask?" Jinki chuckled. "Wait here, I'll see what I can do."

With that, Taemin's eyes shone, a first in days. A genuine shine, like an innocent kid when given an ice cream. He wanted to thank Jinki, but the elder beat him to it and walked out of his and Jonghyun's shared room. Taemin pressed his ears against the door, hoping he could hear what the leader was going to do. Impatience got over him and he opened the door slightly , just enough to hear the voices from the living room.

"Choi Jin hyung, you've seen how he's smiled lesser as he grows. I want that little kid back, at least a little of the kid I trained at the rooftop, at least a little of the makdoongie Taemin we used to protect so much, I want him back." Onew said, voice trembling.

Those words had the power to all life out of Taemin. He knew, the more reality he saw through the years, the more he acted and fit the image everyone painted him with, the less he smiled genuinely. Taemin leaned against the wall for support, getting ready to hear the rest of the conversation.

"Lee Jinki, you know you have a schedule the day after tomorrow. You know you have practice tomorrow night. You -"

"We'll be back by tomorrow evening. Our practice starts at 7 doesn't it? You know Taemin doesn't take an eternity to shower and get ready." Jinki reasoned. Of course he knew their schedules like the back of his hand, as the leader he has to. "It's just a trip to Gwangmyeong and back. It's not like my parents would kidnap him."

'Gwangmyeong? Isn't that hyung's hometown?'

"Hyung, believe me." Jinki pleaded. It tugged on Taemin's heart to hear the leader having to actually plead for him. "If we set out by midnight, we'd be back by tomorrow evening. Even if we're slightly late, I'm sure the rest would understand.We all love Taemin, one way or another."

Taemin looked up. Hearing those words, his heart sank a little. After he turned of legal age, he had pushed away the members bit by bit, ready to become an adult and stop relying on the members. Yet the members were willing to be there for him. Afterall, he is their only baby brother, and he forever will be.

Taemin heard their manager sigh in defeat. "Alright. I too watched all of you grow. It does hurt me too. Tell him to pack up, I'll book the train tickets and drive you guys to the station safely. Make sure you bring him back on time, understand?"

Jinki could not hide his happiness. He thank the tall manager profusely and gave short little bows. He skipped towards Taemin's room like a little girl.

"Taemin ah -" Jinki stopped when he saw Taemin by the door. He smiled, because finally, the youngest let out his widest grin.

"Pack up. I'll tell my parents you're staying for the night and - oof!" Jinki stopped halfway as he tried to steady himself. Taemin threw his arms around the leader's neck and hugged him tight. Jinki chuckled and pat the younger's back gently. Almost immediately, Taemin pushed himself away from Jinki and not caring whether the elder fell and whipped out a backpack.  He stuffed in enough clothes for an overnight stay. It was only for one night to escape from every single thought about being an idol, but it was enough. He has been running all his life, it's time to stop and catch a breath. It's the only way he can continue working hard for the people around him.

Jinki laughed at Taemin's never ceasing smile. It was the best he could do as a leader. He's not the type to lead, but the type to let others fall on him. Being there for others is the best he could do anyways. Jinki left the room and made a phonecall to his mother.

 


I'm back!

I flipepd through my mess of papers and found this old fic. It's a pretty nice idea, starring one of SHINee's OTPs OnTae. I've always liked how Onew takes care of s, especially Taemin. Last year he rarely smiled, and always had that serious face on his face even when performing songs like Hello. So this idea popped up, I guess.

And if I'm not wrong, I wrote this after listening to 'Run With Me' by SHINee (Dazzling Girl). Run With Me is a very nice song, go check it out if you haven't already! ^^

Thanks for reading~ /waves