Almost There

Daydream~ [One-shot/Drabble Collection]

Almost There - Sungyeol (INFINITE) and Krystal (f(x))

He held onto her hand and pulled her towards the basement of his house. He smiled at her, and Krystal could feel herself smiling back.

"Sungyeol-oppa, where are we going?" Krystal asked.

He kept quiet and continued leading her down the stairs. Their slim legs carried them to the sofa at the corner of the tiny basement.

"Welcome to my personal heaven." Sungyeol introduced as he wrapped his arms around Krystal's slim waist. She gaped at the sight of the number of books in the basement. Sungyeol reached out to take the book on the coffee table. It was the book they fought over in the bookstore where thy first met.

Krystal giggled and flipped the book open. "You still keep this?"

"Yep, how can I not?" Sungyeol gently pinched her nose, causing them to laugh out loud.

And she woke up.

Saline liquid wet her eyelashes and she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand. She dreamt of something that had never happened, again. Sungyeol never had a basement in his house, he lived in an apartment for God's sake.

"Pulling up incidents that never happened again huh?" She scoffed. Only the darkness of her room heard her sad whisper. Krystal lay on her bed in fetus position, hugging her knees close to her chest. Her pink lips trembled as she thought about her dream.

Truth was, she regretted. She regretted letting him go. She was young, and scared. She thought, perhaps she should have broken the rules. She should have made him hers. They were almost there, a couple celebrated by silent eye contacts and secret dates.

Almost.

Yet they seperated. Neither of them knew why. Perhaps they were growing, becoming more different. Perhaps feelings fade, their love was never real. Krystal could almost feel that hollowness in her heart, that hurt as if there was an invisible force squeezing it.

She missed him. She missed the Sungyeol that was almost hers. She missed the Sungyeol that smiled at her ever so sweetly. She missed the Sungyeol that was shy yet daring. She missed him, who was not hers.

She reminiced without a past. She recalled the times that were never a fraction of her memory. She was hurt by a love that was not real.

She missed something, someone, that was never - no, almost - hers.


Hi.

I know.

I broke my promise.

Didn't update.

Blame O Levels.

I hate exams.

Okay enough of short sentences. Basically I wrote this after listening to Jessica (SNSD)'s "Almost" which kinda killed me 'cos the lyrics spoke out to me. Sungyeol and Krystal couple has been on my mind for a while now, for some reason they just appeared in my mind.

And I wrote this to piss my friend off. You know who you are ^^ 

Don't worry I'll make it up to you by quickly completing the Jongstal fic after Science MCQ! And perhaps another short story.

Back to studying! Bye /waves and runs back to study table