A Mother's Complaints

Daydream~ [One-shot/Drabble Collection]

A Mother's Complaints - Seohyun (SNSD) and Kyuhyun (Super Junior)


"Yah! Cho Kyu! Stop playing your game already!" Joohyun called from the laundry room. Silence but the violet tapping of the keyboard keys replied her. She sighed and dumped the last remaining shirt into the washing machine.

"Umma, Appa, I'm home!" A little girl called out at the door. Joohyun smiled but when she saw that her daughter's shirt was covered in mud, it disappeared as quickly as it came.

"Cho Joomi, did you... nevermind, wash up." Joohyun shook her head as Joomi skipped to her room to change out. Just then, Kyuhyun walked out of their shared room. He pointed to their daughter's room, asking, "Again?"

Joohyun merely nodded. She tiredly walked into their shared room and collapsed on their bed. Kyuhyun followed her in and lay beside her. He tapped on her forehead and said softly, "Accept it babe. Joomi may look like you, all feminine and lady-like, but she will forever love to play sports and hang around with the boys in the neighbourhood."

Joohyun replied with a pout. She tried to introduce classical music and made Joomi play the piano. Even though Joomi is talented and picks up fast, she refuses to play the piano unless given incentives, such as playing with Kyuhyun's friends, Hyukjae and Sungmin, from his workplace or hanging out with the boys who live in the same neighbourhood.  

"Guess you're right." Joohyun whined. Even though she was already in her 30s, she still looks beautiful and radiates innocence.

"Come on," Kyuhyun shook her shoulders. "Let's get ready to go out for our family dinner." He stood up from their bed and changed out of his shirt.

"And you," She suddenly said as she took out her dress from her side of the wardrobe. "Set a good example and stop constantly playing your games!" She her heels and walked to the toilet.

"Sigh... Is there a day she wouldn't complain?" Kyuhyun sighed as he slid on a black blazer. "Joomi ah, let's go!" He called out, picking his daughter up and heading out of the door.


For my fellow Don't Say Goodbye viewers who may not be very happy at the ending! Take this as an alternate ending for SeoKyu whereby Kyuhyun recovers from cancer and they have become a married couple(: