Trouble in paradise?

Needed Vacation.5

Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat together opposite the travel advisor Chanyeol had insisted on seeing. The petite brunette smiled warmly at the pair and placed several travel guides on the desk in front of her before speaking politely to the boys.

“So what kind of things do you want to do on your vacation?” Chanyeol leant forwards eagerly and thought for a moment before smiling back to the woman and speaking questioningly.

“I think maybe something adventurous, like somewhere we can explore?” Nodding the woman pointed to one of the thin books on the desk and spoke solely to Chanyeol.

“Well somewhere like Egypt would be perfect for that, or a tour of a rainforest in Africa?” Making a small ooh sound Chanyeol looked at one of the books the woman had pointed to and opened it a picture or a black gorilla with some text underneath about the rainforest wildlife. Baekhyun sunk into his seat a little as he looked, not really bothered where they went as long as everything went smoothly. Flicking through the book a little more Chanyeol started frowning and chewed his bottom lip a little before looking at the woman again.

“I’m not really sure, are there any places with a bit more I don’t know, nightlife?” Nodding happily the woman indicated to several of the leaflets set up behind them as she spoke.

“There’s a vibrant nightlife in many Spanish destinations, Magaluf, Majorca, Estepona. They’re all famed for the club scene if that’s what you’re interested in.” Glancing to Baekhyun Chanyeol looked at him inquisitively for a second before leaning back and plucking a few of the leaflets the woman had indicated to and passed one to Baekhyun while skim reading through another. Putting the leaflet down without looking at it Baekhyun looked around the small office they were in a spotted a display of tourism books for romantic holidays, without a word he stood up and walked to it, looked over the books there as Chanyeol and the woman continued their conversation.

“I don’t really think these are right, where would you go?” The woman must have been used to this question as her smile brightened and she pulled a thick scrap book out from one of her desk draws, pushing it towards Chanyeol she let him flick through the pictures with her personal annotations on as she spoke to him.

“I would definitely say going to the Caribbean is one of the best options.” Looking at the pretty beaches and landscapes cellotaped in the book.

“Beautiful~”

“Yes, it’s always sunny, there are tonnes of places to go if you get bored, the hotels are wonderful and always a stone’s throw away from the beach.” Rolling his eyes as the pair droned on about all the fun activities there were in the Caribbean and picked up a guide to the most romantic places to honeymoon. The exotic island hideaway: Song Saa Private Island, Cambodia. Listening to Chanyeol gushing to the woman about places that would offer some kind of cultural experience Baekhyun sighed at the boy changing his mind again and walked over, putting the guide on the desk in front of him Baekhyun pointed to the picture of the private Island and looked at the boy.

“How ‘bout here?” Eyes widening slightly the woman’s smile became a little forced as she slide the book off her desk.

“These destinations are more suited to couples sir, maybe you’d like to see some different guides.” Looking at Chanyeol Baekhyun fake smiled at the boy and spoke with an obvious strain in his voice.

“They’re more suited to couples Channie, what do you think of that?” Glaring at the other boy Chanyeol discreetly shook his head before turning, with a natural looking smile, back to the woman.

“Sorry, you were saying about Greece?” Putting his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder the other boy turned him so they were facing each other again.

“Just pick somewhere.” Shrugging Baekhyun’s hand off him Chanyeol turned his attention again to the woman. Before Baekhyun could object again his phone buzzed in his pocket so sinking back into his seat he read the text from Kai

 

How’s the planning?

-Kai

 

It’s hell! This boy can’t make up his damn mind.

-Baekhyun

 

Then decide for him?

-Kai

 

Tried... I think he’s gunna explode T_T

-Baekhyun

 

Hmm... Bribe him?

-Kai

 

With what?

-Baekhyun

 

Galbi?

-Kai

 

You’re a genius!!

-Baekhyun

 

Putting his phone away Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol again and half-smiled at him. Noticing Chanyeol paused his conversation and met the other boy’s eyes hesitantly.

“Let’s go out for dinner tonight.” Blinking blankly at the boy for a second Chanyeol opened his mouth to answer but wasn’t sure how to react to randomness of Baekhyun’s dinner proposal. Closing his mouth again Chanyeol turned his attention back to the woman and smiled at her politely.

“Thank you, this has been really helpful, would it be ok to take a few of these?” pointing to some of the leaflets Chanyeol waited, the woman nodded happily and watched as he picked out the ones he wanted. “And I just call in to schedule another meeting?” Nodding again the woman stood up to hold the door open for the boys and Chanyeol put his jacket on and bowed politely to her.

“Or you can just stop in, I always have a few spare minutes here and there.” She waved them off and they walked in silence out of the building. Once they were in the privacy of a taxi Chanyeol sighed heavily and looked at Baekhyun, his irritation obvious.

“What was that all about?” Keeping his eyes forward Baekhyun spoke half-heartedly, fuelling the other boy’s irritation more.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Don’t do that Baek, you know exactly what I mean. Being rude to that woman, ignoring all my suggestions, that honeymoon guidebook, what the hell?” Looking at the other boy Baekhyun stared at him for a moment, jaw gaping, before he responded, almost as irritated he spoke slowly to get his point across.

“It was holiday book designed for couples. We are a couple.” Chanyeol glances nervously at the taxi driver as the words passed Baekhyun’s lips and the other boy noticed immediately and smiled bitterly as he realised what was happing. “You’re ashamed of me?!” Eyes wide Chanyeol’s entire expression became panicked as he spoke quietly, rushing his words in the hopes the taxi driver wasn’t paying attention.

“I’m not ashamed of you I’m just-”

“You’re just ashamed to be in a relationship with me.” Shaking his head quickly Chanyeol leant towards Baekhyun so he could lower his voice more and still be heard.

“Please be quiet. I’m not ashamed of anything, I just don’t want to parade us to the world ok?” Turning away from the teen a little Baekhyun sat back in his seat and looked forwards as he mumbled his response.

“Whatever.” Biting his bottom lip anxiously Chanyeol glance at the taxi driver again, the man’s eyes were firmly on the road in front of him, leaning over the small gap between them Chanyeol turned Baekyun’s face towards him and gently caressing his cheek Chanyeol swallowed the lump in his throat before lightly pressing his lips to the other boys.

“Let’s go to that Island, we’ll go back tomorrow and organise it all.” Playfully pushing Chanyeol away from him Baekhyun tried to hide his smug smile from the other boy.

“Sounds good to me”

 

A/N - Sorry to repeat the text conversation between Kai and Baekhyun

I don't know if everone is reading the Kai/D.O story as well so need it in to make sense for those that aren't