Friends

Paranormal Love

Baekhyun's legs just carried him to the spot where his friends usually hang out. He starred at the ground majority of the time, already knowing where it was by memory he wanted to go. Chanyeol lagged behind a bit thinking back on his school life here. less than a year and a half. Why was life cut so short?

"Yah! Chanyeol are you listening!?" Baekhyun yelled in a hushed tone to not draw attention to himself.

Chanyeol snapped his attention to Baekhyun. Seeing he was a little far from him, he walked closer, "What did you say?" 

Baekhyun had an annoyed look on his face but let it pass. "I was asking if you probably just wanted to rome around a bit. You know your way and.." Baekhyun wanted to say something a little personal but he had to remember why Chanyeol was even here. It kinda brought a frown to his face. Oh right. "It...might..help you see what's holding you back like this." He averted contact with Chanyeol afriad he might see he was covering up something. 

Chanyeol's straight but peppy face downed a bit. Is he still thinking about our agreement? Is that all he cares about? "Yeah. I guess that's fine. I won't be far though so I can still be in class with you." He put on a smile. "Umm....bye." Chanyeol then left to wander around, mostly doing some much needed thinking.

Baekhyun sighed in relief, think the other didn't see through him. 

"Baekhyun-ah~!" 

Said boy turned his had slowly to the person he knew called his name. "What?"

"You shouldn't talk to your friends like that." The boy commented, looking fictionally sad but Baekhyun kept his somewhat bored expression.

"I wasn't talking to my friends like that, I was talking to you."

The other looked like he was about to cry. "How could you be so cruel to me."

"Jongdae your really giving me a mingraine a bit too early. Can't this wait until after lunch or something." Baekhyun held the bridge of his nose.

Jongdae crossed his arms, not faking being upset, "These things aren't planned you know." Jongdae walked away a little too dramatically to their group of friends waiting for them. 

Baekhyun had a small smile while proceeding to his circle. "Hey guys."

"Hi Baek- achoo!- hyun. Ow that one hurt." The boy that answered whined. 

"Um, are you sick Yixing?" Barkhyun asked, concerned.

Another one of Baekhyun's friends, standing beside said Yixing, sighed and shook his head, "I knew you were getting sick. I told you to go inside." 

Yixing sneezed again. "I'm fine. I don't need to go inside."

"That ear bleeding sneeze says otherwise." Jongdae chimed in.

Baekhyun nodded agreeingly. Yixing, on the other hand, kept going on about being strong but still wheezing and coughing. "Joonmyeon, please take your stubborn boyfriend inside before he catches something and gets us all sick." 

The boy named Joonmyeon complied and forced Yixing to walk into the school house no matter how much he wanted to stay outside.

Jongdae sighed, "Those two." 

"Yup." Baekhyun nodded as they both stared at the arguing couple walking through the back school door. He then turned to his friend. "This means I'm stuck with you." 

"I guess so." The boy smiled wickedly making the other want to back away. then he thought of something, something missing.

"Hey where's Injoon?" Baekhyun looked at his surroundings but didn't find the person he was looking for.

"Uhh?" Jongdae had a weird look on his face while pointing behind Baekhyun.

The other scrunched his face, half confused, and turned his head a bit too fast. When he fully turned, he was met with a too close face that made him stumble back, almost into Jongdae, holding his heart dramatically. "You almost gave me a heart attack Kwang!" 

"images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlcwYfNFMrrtiKMVaCcDe

This Kwang Injoon had a soft but deadly bored look on her face; it almost screamed that she was a distant and deep person, it went with her long, dark coat. Injoon disregarded Baekhyun actions and greeted the two boys, "Good morning Kim, good morning Byun. Isn't it a bit cold to be in such thin wear?" Her face never changed.

"Hi Injoon. Still the creepy girl we know, right." Jongdae had a smile to the girl before them. She didn't smile back of course.

"Yeah creepy and still able to scare the hell out of me." Baekhyun comment.

Injoon tilted her head a little and directed her attention to Baekhyun, "Where's your friend Baekhyun?" 

Jongdae answerd, "Joonmyeon and Yixing went inside already." He was dead wrong.

Injoon shook her head, "Not those two. Baekhyun's friend he made this weekend." Injoon starred right into Baekhyun's round, brown orbs. The thing about Injoon that explains why her and Baekhyun are close is that she has the ability to sense souls, of the living and the dead's undeparted spirits. Her dark and creepy personality fit with it even though it's not intended to scare others, it's just how she is. Apart of her ability allows her to read souls also. In injoon's opinion, the soul holds the being itself. She thinks of the soul as a chest filled with the heart, mind, and everything the being possesses and she's 'The Universal Key'- as Baekhyun likes to refer to her as.

Jongdae's eyes narrowed at Injoon. "What are you-" Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong. Ding. The school been ranged, cutting Jongdae off- and saving Baekhyun from explaining Injoon. 

"Well that's the bell. Bye Jongdae!" Baekhyun grabbed Injoon and sprinted into the halls leaving the other behind. When they were close to their homeroom, Baekhyun turned to Injoon. "Why did you have to say that!?" He yelled in a whisper. 

Injoon didn't look fazed at all. "I was just curious. You never tell me anything." 

Baekhyun hung his head. "We'll you can't just ask things like that out of nowhere. If Jongdae found out about Chanyeol he would've-. . .oh no." He blankly stared at nothing, then face-palmed himself. "Damnit, I forgot about Chanyeol." 

"It's fine, he's coming right now. Although I think his a little upset you left him out their." Injoon put her hand to his shoulder.

"And how do you know that?" Dumb question.

Injoon closed her eyes and said "I can feel him." before opening them and turning her attention to the part of the hall behind Baekhyun. The boy noticed where she was looking and did the same, seeing a tall boy rushing- more like floating- though a bunch of students. 

When Chanyeol got next to them, he looked really upset. "How could you just leave me Baek? You said you would wait." 

"I was trying to get away from-" he sighed, "I'll explain later. We have to get to class." Baekhyun took hold of Injoon and walked quickly down the corador to their homeroom, with Chanyeol behind them. 

Once entering the classroom, Baekhyun checked his phone and saw that they still had a few minutes before people, even the teacher, would come to class. He and Injoon sat in their seats at their table in the far left in the back of the classroom. Chanyeol was busy examining the upperclassmen's classroom. As someone who started school late, he was fascinated to see what the grade levels above him classes and students look and function, plus it was a chemistry lab so their were a lot of things he had never seen before- not being able to take such a class until his 3rd year. 

Baekhyun noticed he was occupied and decided to explain to Injoon what's been happening. But before he could even open his mouth, she stopped him. "I already know, you don't have to explain anything. You guys are like purposely open book." Injoon said, making Baekhyun pout a little. "Sometimes I think you just forget about my god-givin abilities because you think your better than me." The smaller one faked a hurt expression which wasn't very noticable considering her showing only one expression ever, but Baekhyun notice. 

"Seriously? Well, anyway, can I copy for calculus. I know it, it's just a lot of work for one problem." He asked like it was nothing, which it really was because he does this occasionally.

Injoon sighed and went into her bookbag pulling out her homework. "You're such a lazy person sometimes Byun." 

"Thanks. I try so hard." He smiled before looking over at Chanyeol who wasn't in sight. Baekhyun was about to panic before a "Right behind you." came from beside him. He quickly turned around- too quick- and was frightened by the giant'sface so close to his...again. 

Baekhyun holded both hands over his heart slowly catching up with his breathe, "Don't. ing. Do that." He claimed down, "I could've died." 

"Don't talk of such things Baek." Chanyeol petted Baekhyun on the head making it feel like cold wind was blowing the top of his hair a little. Chanyeol remembered another presence with them. "Who's this again?" 

"This is-"

"I'm Kwang Injoon." The girl cut Baekhyun off from explaining. "And I know your name is Park Chanyeol." 

Chanyeol looked at her astonished then to Baekhyun, "Can she see me too?" 

Before the boy could answer, Injoon chimed in again- Baekhyun felt ignored so he start copying homework-, "No I can't see you or hear you at that. I'm a Clairsentience; I can sense spirits. Sense as in read and feel. Being able to read and feel you I can basically have conversations with you without having to actually see and hear you." She talked to the space to the left of her, guessing based on her ablities that's where Chanyeol was standing. 

Chanyeol nodded along, still a little confused. Injoon added on, "And Byun is a Medium. I don't have to explain because you already know what he can do." 

"Thanks Kwang." Baekhyun handed Injoon her homework, "And I don't conserve you too sense other souls and such, I like to say that you basically soul them." Chanyeol laughed at what he said. 

"Oh please. If I don't use my ability to the fullest what's the point of having it?" Injoon questioned

Baekhyun thought on it for a few seconds before answering, "Guess I can't argue with that." He laughed.

The class started to fill up with students then the teacher just before the bell ranged. Chanyeol sat on the table where Baekhyun and Injoon sat, annoying Baekhyun a little. "Dude get off the desk." He whispered under the low conversations of the class. 

"Okay fine." Chanyeol smirked and started floating up above them. 

Baekhyun got even more agitated, "Stop playing around!" He yelled in hush while Injoon stared in amusment.

Chanyeol got closer to Baekhyun's personal space making him have to look up. "I'm not playing. You said you didn't want me on he table not in the air. And asking me to be in a more specific place like over in that chair in the corner would just be asking for too much, right Injoon?" 

Injoon nodded at Baekhyun showing him she was completely enjoying this. Baekhyun had half the mind to punch the taller in the face if he could. He was going to argue back but-

"Is everything okay back here?" The chemistry teacher asked.

"Yes sir Mr. Seo, everything's just peachy." Baekhyun smiled up at the man in the lab coat. 

Mr. Seo raised an eyebrow at the young one but carried on and started with the lesson. Baekhyun looked back up at Chanyeol and found the boy with a big grin on his face- it was kinda creepy. Creep-Yeol...kkk~

~*~

The first period went by and they started second. Baekhyun and Injoon talked with Chanyeol along the way upstairs to the classroom. Baekhyun still irritated because Chanyeol won't stop floating around, it creeps him out but not as much as when the giant smiles really huge. Apon arriving to class half-yelling at the playful spirit, Baekhyun walked right into a eger hug from Jongdae.

"Ew why is this happening?" Baekhyun said very annoyed. It's not that he didn't like being hugged, his just like this sometimes, other times his the one trying to wrap his arms around someone-mainly to annoy them though. 

"Don't act like you don't love me!" Jongdae smacked Baekhyun's head.

"But I don't." The older said bluntly.

"Yes you do."  Jongdae went over to Injoon, "Hello again mistress of darkness." 

Injoon looked up at Jongdae , "Hello Kim. You're look mighty ugly today." They all started walking to their seats where Joonmyeon and Yixing sat at their circle table in the middle of the classroom. 

Jondae faked being offended while taking his seat between Baekhyun and Yixing, "Hey, I work hard to look this damn good witch!" 

Everyone- except Injoon- laughed. "What are you guys arguing about this time?" Yixing asked.

"Jongdae and Injoon are insulting each other again." Baekhyun answered as he started playing with the box of supplies in the middle of the table. 

"You guys shouldn't insult each other when your both fine people." Joonmyeon chimed, his halo glowing above him.

Baekhyun and Jongdae covered their eyes, "Ah! Turn it off! It blinds us!" They cried. 

"Haha very funny. Atleast I'm not like you idiotic demons." The angle retorted.

"And he's back." Jongdae clapped. "Before I got get again, are we all going to the Halloween party this week?" 

Everyone nodded happily. "I hope this year is as fun as last years." Yixing commented

"Yeah, everything was so creepy even the music we had to dance to. I guess the budgets are really benefiting." Baekhyun got to thinking about his costume for this year. Last year they all went as bums as a group thing. "Hey, are we doing a group costum again this year?" 

"Well I don't think we should." Jongdae answered.

Yixing looked a little upset "But it was fun last year." Joonmyeon patted his pack.

"If you think about it, the past few years people have been doing more group costumes. It might be better to do singles." Jongdae explained trying to make the older one feel better, but Joonmyeon took care of that.

"It's okay Xing, we can do a dou this time." Joonmyeon would always make the younger feel better even for something ridiculous. Yixing smiled at his boyfriend and kissed him on the cheek before whispering something in his ear, causing the "angle" to blush and giggle.

"My eyes hurt looking at them sometimes." Baekhyun squinted in disgust. 

"You just mad you have no one" Chanyeol finally got a word to him since they got here. His friends are really talkative. he was floating- still- above Baekhyun.

"I have Injoon." He stated not even looking at him.

"Sure you do~" Chanyeol sanged.

Baekhyun was going to argue with the tall one again but the teacher came in and started talking right away.

Both boys got annoyed, why is a teacher always cutting us short?

~*~

The rest of their classes and lunch came and went and now was time to head home. Mr. Lee doesn't drive the afternoon bus so no fun there for Baekhyun. The bus wasn't schedualed to come until another 10 minutes so yet again Baekhyun was stuck in the cold whether. 

"I swear I think it got even colder than this morning. I'm freezing." Baekhyun was rubbing his thin jacket with his unprotected hands, occasionally blowing his breathe into them in attempt to keep warm even for a few seconds. 

"It's better if you don't think about it. Put your other earphone in and close your eyes." Chanyeol suggested and Baekhyun nodded, following what the other told him.

He leaned on the bus stop post, closing his eyes and tried not thinking about how numb he was getting by the second. Chanyeol took this moment of silence to watch Baekhyun again. He liked observing every little thing the older would do at times like this. Well, in his opinion it's better when his sleeping because he can comment on what Baekhyun does and give him small compliments on account of his heavy sleeping. 

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun's perfectly swooped chocolate hair falling on his face, his nose would twitch from time to time because of the whether making him look like a puppy. Chanyeol's eyes went down to the boys lips; they were so pretty and pink, they started to moved slightly until words started coming out of his mouth; he was singing.

I know your insides are feeling so hollow
And it's a hard pill for you to swollow
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same
I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there but you can take me all the way
I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there but you can take me all the way
 
Chanyeol unknowingly started getting closer to Baekhyun, mesmerized by how the boy was singing it was like something he had never hear before. When he got close enough, Chanyeol pressed their foreheads together, looking at Baekhyun's face even closer. The longer I'm with you, the more I forget. "This is weird." He whispered to himself.
 
HONK! A very loud horn was heard from the bus that had been infront of them. Baekhyun jumped up after Chanyeol had huridly back away. Once realizing that the bus had came, Baekhyun rushed on board, paying his fair before taking his seat. He sighed and shivered from the warmth of the bus. 
 
"You really like running off and leaving me don't you?" A tall figure was above him giving him a weird feeling. 
 
"Well you do get annoying." Baekhyun didn't even look up at him.
 
Chanyeol slowly went down into the seat next to Baekhyun. "How am I annoying you?" 
 
Baekhyun turned his head to make it look like he was just staring out the window. "You've been floating like a Minseok all day. In fact, even worse than him because he hasn't done it in a while but that really bugs me." 
 
"Why?"
 
"It just makes me uncomfortable." He turned away, folding his arms over his chest.
 
Chanyeol saw how Baekhyun looked agitated and pained so he didn't push it any further. "Alright."
 
They were silent for awhile before Chanyeol started talking nonsense just to not be bored then entire way home. Baekhyun kept up the conversation with him until they reacher the bus stop and the walk to the house.
 
Once inside, Chanyeol was about to go up through the ceiling but didn't after thinking about it. Instead he just took the stairs to Minseok's room. Minnie ran over to his owner, still at the door taking off his shoes, to greet him. Baekhyun played with him for a bit before going up to his room. He changed out of his uniform and into some sweat pants and a t-shirt. Baekhyun went back downstairs to get a snack. He stayed downstairs and went on the computer while he eat. After a while his phone vibrated through his pants. He fished it out and saw he had gotten a text from Hyerin: "Working late. Your cooking, no take outs. Love you baby~" Baekhyun grumbled because now he craved take out but sadly couldn't get it. 
 
He finised his food and headed upstairs to do his homework. Minseok and Chanyeol came in when he was nearly finished with it. He yelled at his brother to leave until he was finished but the older didn't listen and stayed bothering him which made him go slower in his homework.
 
He finally finished and it was already 20:30. When he stomach growled he got up and jogged to the kitchen. He didn't feel like really making anything so went with eating left overs. He eat his food and washed his dishes before going to get ready for bed. He bathed, brushed his teeth, and let Minnie out for a few minutes to do his buisness.
 
Baekhyun really wanted to stay on his computer for like another hour but he mind told him he didn't have the energy, so he went straight to bed after cutting off most of the lights in the house. 
 
Chanyeol went into Baekhyun's room when he thought he was asleep already. When he saw that the older was indeed fast asleep, he layed down next to the sleeping boy and just watched him like he'd always been doing the past couple of days. Baekhyun was just the cutest thing as he hugged the giant stuffed dog close to his chest like it was his life. 
 
Days. It's only been a few days with you I can hardly remember her anymore. I used to think that you two were almost the same but you're completely different. I found out half of why I'm still here like this. Because I couldn't forget. I couldn't let go of something that wasn't even mine from the beginning. Because of you I can forget. The longer I'm with you I forget about her and how I felt. My friends were right, I should've forget her along time ago or I wouldn't be like this right now. But I also wouldn't have met you. Do you thunk Mihyun brought us together? It sounds stupid but it might be true. And now she's leaving my thoughts. Can you make me forget fully? I think you can. 
 
Baekhyun started making small noises. Chanyeol smiled at him, reaching up to touch his face carefully caressing his cheek.
 
I wonder what you feel like. I bet your different from other people. Your an extraordinary person Baekhyun. I really like you and I hope you consider me your friend too.