Morning After

Paranormal Love

Baekhyun didn't think he'd be able to get to sleep last night. He stayed up nearly all night, confused as hell because of Chanyeol.

A groan escaped from the boy. The thought of it made him highly uncomfortable. He'd caught a headache before falling asleep. Why did he have to tell him that? Didn't he see me giving hints that I was awake? Baekhyun thought that that would trigger something with the spirit, causing him to not tell him that.

That idiot.

Baekhyun didn't want to think about it anymore. He slowly opened his eyes. The room was dark having the curtains closed.

Joonmyeon. Baekhyun smiled. What would he do without that kid?

He turned his body lazily to the nightstand next to his bed to look at the time.

10:43 a.m.

Yup, too early. Baekhyun was about to roll back over until he was stopped mid-motion by a soft knock at his door.

"Baekhyun? Are you awake?" It was his mother. He didn't want her to know that he was awake enough to move out of bed so he hesitantly let out a moan in response. "Okay good. I need you to return the bag of clothes I have in the closet."

Why me?

"I got called into an urgent meeting so I won't be able to get them in onetime."

Oh my God why?

"The store closes at early today so you have to be there before 4 o'clock."

Damnit all.

"Thanks sweety. I'll be going now. Oh and your friends are all in the living room. Please clean up behind them."

. . .. Well that was just sprinkles on the chocolate covered strawberry. There was no way in hell Baekhyun was going to clean up behind those imbeciles again. Not again.

After he was sure he's mother was gone, he mustered up the needed energy to pull the covers off of him. Then, more energy to actually get out of bed. He grumblingly shuffled downstairs to be meet with the smell of all kinds of food.

No. They. Did. Not. When he opened his eyes at the middle of the stairs, there was good everywhere. Chips, soda cans, bags of snacks and rappers were neglected on the floor, arms of the couch, and the coffee table.

It wasn't even 11 yet and there weren't even any signs of actual breakfast food anymore- this probably erked Baekhyun the most.

He was about to scream at everyone but he saw that Kyungsoo and Injoon, bless they're souls, were the only sane ones who were eating breakfast at the dinner table. That calmed him down a bit but not enough.

"What the hell is this!?" He could fell the heat in his face as the sand and dust was long down the drain.

The three idiots sprawled all over the living room stopped watching the tv and stared wide-eyed in terror.

"Oh hey Baekhyun!" Jongdae tried to play it cool. They didn't expect him to be up this early.

"Here it comes." Injoon said clearly as she blankly sipped from the cup of coffee Mrs. Byun made her. Kyungsoo started shrinking into his seat, fearing the worst.

"Don't you 'hey Baekhyun' me!" He stomped down the rest of the stairs in pure annoyance, "Why the hell does my living room look at the after math of a fat kids frat house party!?"

"It's not that bad." Joonmyeon wore an apologetic smile.

He may be the nice one but he was as much to blame as the rest. "You! I expected better form you!" The elder hung his head, "Not really." He pouted at the remark.

"Get this cleaned up so I can leave already!" The three grumbled, starting to pick up all the trash they scattered.

"What would your mother do if she heard you cursing like that." Yixing tried to change subject.

"She would probably kill me like I'm going to do if you don't get your asses to cleaning!" Yixing got back to cleaning quickly.

Baekhyun huffed and walked to the kitchen, stopping in front of the two at the table. "Hey guys." He smiled.

"Hello." Injoon answered.

"Goodmorning." Kyungsoo still had fear written on his face.

Baekhyun notice and started to explain. "Sorry you had to hear all of that. These idiots just mess up a lot. But I see you didn't get into the madness like Joonmyeon over there." They all turned to the oldest boy, cleaning with a deep, disappointed frown on his face. "Poor boy, didn't see it coming." He whispered. "Well I'm going to go eat. We have to go to the mall today so get dressed." The two nodded.

"We're going to the mall!?" Jongdae and Yixing exclaimed.

"Not you basterds!" Baekhyun screamed from the kitchen. The two boys pouted and got back to work.

Everyone knew they were going anyway.

 


 

Baekhyun walked upstairs with his breakfast. He realized he hadn't seen either ghost today so he left his food in his room and made his way into Minseok's.

Baekhyun opened the door slightly and poked his head in, "Minseok-yah? Chanyeol?" He sanged.

"What?" He heard his brother answer. Baekhyun walked into the room. Minseok was floating above his bed and Chanyeol sitting at the edge.

Baekhyun's eye twitched at his brother, "For God's sake Minseok, could you not." He gritted through his teeth.

"Sorry." The other mumbled, settling down on the sheets below.

"Hey Baek!" Chanyeol smiled widely, waving franticly.

Oh. Baekhyun was instantly reminded of last night. He looked at anything in the room other than the boy, a light flush showed on his cheeks, "Hey."

This didn't go unnoticed by oldest in the room. Minseok raised a curious eyebrow at the action.

"Um, so mom wants me to run an errand at the mall and I don't trust anyone to be here alone so we're all going." Baekhyun rushed through his sentence, eyes on the corner of the wall.

"Okay." Chanyeol nodded, still smiling. Baekhyun made the wrong decision to look up at him. As soon as he did, he felt a small cringe in his chest.

He panicked, "We leave in 30 minutes." With that he quickly excited the room to his own.

"Well that was something." Minseok commented to himself.

"What?" Chanyeol turned to the older, eyebrows creased.

"Oh nothing, just the fact that Baekhyun said 'mom' instead of 'umma' like usual." Minseok began floating again.

Chanyeol hummed. "I've been meaning to ask; why does Baekhyun seem to have this problem with us floating around? Does it creep him out or something?"

Minseok sighed, slowly turning his body to the younger, "Honestly, I don't think I have the right to answer that. I'd be better to ask Baekhyun himself."

 


 

"Alright! Everybody downstairs!" Baekhyun voice ranged throughout the house.

One by one, the five teens descended down the steps, lining up into the living room.

"Roll call." Baekhyun announced, walking down the line, "Kyungsoo?"

"Here?"

"Injoon?"

"Hmm."

There was a bark. Baekhyun looked down at the dog, "Minnie your not coming this time." The German Shepard whined, retreating to his doggy bed.

Baekhyun coughed, "Yixing?"

"Yes sir."

"Joonmyeon?"

"Yup!"

"Jongdae?"

"Why the hell are we doing this? We're right here!" Jongdae complained.

Baekhyun pointed a finger at him, "Don't question my methods." He then turned to Yixing, "You brought your van, correct?"

He received a nod in confirmation. "Great. Everyone in the car, I have to get the package."

Baekhyun went upstairs into his mothers room, into her closet to fetch the bag of clothes. After doing so, he called for the other two, "Hey guys, we're leaving!" When he got downstairs though, they were already there. "Oh good. Okay, into the car."

"Why exactly do I have to go?" Minseok asked as Baekhyun locked the door.

"I don't know. Your own choice bro." Baekhyun nodded at his brother. He tried not to make eye contact with Chanyeol as he made his way to the car.

Minseok and Chanyeol looked at each other. "Alright." The oldest sighed. They both went into the far back of the van. "Why do I have to get the trunk like some stow-away?" Minseok grumbled.

Baekhyun, who was seated in the back with Injoon, whispered, "You wanted to come."

The girl scoffed at the remark. "You three are so entertaining. It's sad though." 

"How so?" Chanyeol asked, looking through the back window.

Injoon never answered aloud but to herself, "Neither one of you knows what really going on."