Jeongbin Park

Paranormal Love
"Alright Baekhyun-ah, I'm going to just be right over there at that bench, okay?" Baekhyun's mother said slowly for her 6 year old son to fully understand. 
 
Little Baekhyun nodded his head rapidly. Hyerin smiled as she placed the bag of toys down at the foot of a very big and beautiful tree along with a lunch box. She kissed her son on the top of his head before walking some feet away, across the playground to the benches where other parents sat to watch their kids. 
 
Baekhyun turned to the bag of goods and dumped them out. Stepping back a bit to analyze the pile, Baekhyun tapped his chin, thinking carefully of which toy to play with. 
 
He didn't like being with the other kids sometimes and his mother understood that. Baekhyun's believes that by himself, he can have the best of fun there is. 
 
After much deliberation, Baekhyun reached down to pick up a notepad, pencil and a box of crayons. He then made room underneath the shady tree to lay down. 
 
He open the box and crayons and his notepad to a clean page. "I'm not in the mood to think." He sighed as he started looking around the park for something to draw. A few head turns later, he found something that stuck out to him. Smiling, Baekhyun grabbed the pencil and got his tiny hands to work. 
 
After a while, Baekhyun could hear the rustling of leaves. People would say it was the breeze moving them but Baekhyun knew that was far from it. 
 
The boy could feel a presents hovering over him as he had his head in his notepad, still drawing his childlike picture. He knew what was infront of him, he just didn't feel like lifting up his head right now. 
 
The presence stayed until Baekhyun got bored with it just sitting there. He blew air out of his cheeks, "Annyeong stranger." He never looked up.
 
He heard nothing but a few stumbled words. He finished his little picture and looked up to see a young boy. To Baekhyun, he looked like he was at least ten. So sad. Why do they have to die so young? "It's polite to answer with a hello when someone greets you, not fumble words out." The younger scolded him. 
 
The other was still in a shocked state. "Y-you...can see me?" 
 
"And hear you." Baekhyun added
 
He was astonished, "But..h-how. Nobody else can." 
 
Baekhyun got up from his stomach and into a crisscross position. "That's because I'm not like everyone else." He continued, "What's your name?" The boy looked as if he was contemplating to answer. "I can't call you spirit-boy-from-the-park." He joked, "What is it?" 
 
The other looked Baekhyun in the eyes before answering, "Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook." 
 
Baaekhyun smiled wide for the first time that day. "Hyung has a nice name." Ryeowook paused, blinking a few times. Wow, it really is weird having someone else call me hyung. "If you don't mind, how did hyung pass away?" Baekhyun learned that some spirits are sensitive and you shouldn't just blankly ask such a question, especially since they just met. 
 
Ryeowook sadly smiled at the mention of his death. He didn't answer right away, resulting in a long silence. It was uncomfortable for the younger. "If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay." Baekhyun wiped unexpected running snot from his nose with his sleeve, "Hyung and I can just play?" 
 
The other looked up, coming out of his thoughts, his smile becoming less mournful. "What's your name boy?" 
 
"Byun Baekhyun. Don't call me Bacon like my other friends. I hate that." Said boy crossed his arms and huffed. 
 
Ryeowook found that entirely cute. "You such a five year old." He chuckled.
 
"Yah! I'm six!" Baekhyun uncrossed his arms, "I'm a big boy." He said confidently.
 
Ryeowook raised an eyebrow, "Your mommy told you that?" He mimicked Baekhyun's child voice. The child was red faced. He reached out to lightly hit the other but his hand just went right through. Ryeowook laughed at Baekhyun when he turned his back to him, mumbling incoherent words. 
 
His laughter quickly ceasing, Ryeowook's gaze went down to the almost poorly drawn picture covered with a rainbow of crayons. It took a bit of work, but he managed to move majority of the crayons to examine the picture more. His eyebrows knitted together, "Yah, Baekhyun." He called to him.  
 
The boy slowly turned his head before humming. 
 
"What's this?" 
 
Baekhyun fully turned around to see what the older was asking about. He saw Ryeowook pointing at the picture he drew before he came over here. "It's a picture I drew...of you." 
 
Ryeowook grew a bit confused, "When did you do this? I was with you the whole time." 
 
Baekhyun shook his head, taking the picture into his hands, "Aniya. I saw you over there touching the flowers. You looked sad. Are you still sad hyung?" 
 
There's that hyung thing again. It made Ryeowook feel weird. Maybe it was just the thought it gave him. Nothing in this world but one soul ever called him hyung. It's not that he felt uncomfortable but- he didn't know what it was really. But it actually felt nice in this case. Maybe that was just Baekhyun in himself.
 
Ryeowook realized he hadn't answered Baekhyun, "Ani, I'm fine now." 
 
Baekhyun smiled again, "Arraso!" 
 
I don't know what it is, but this kid is really special. Baekhyun took a red build-a-block piece, looked around before nodding his head and picking a few small flowers, placing them in the connecting part of the block. "Look hyung a plastic vase! You wanna out some water in it. I should show umma. Where did she say she was sitting again?" Baekhyun was basically just talking to himself now and ranting on about different subjects with every thought that popped up in his child brain. Or maybe he's just a little weird.
 
"Your picture looks like a deformed bunny instead of me." He joked when he actually thought it was pretty decency for a six year old to draw, but lied just to push the younger's buttons. 
 
 Baekhyun lost his happy spirit, "Yah!" He reached out- again- to hit Ryeowook but- yet again- went through him and this time almost falling over. The older laughed as Baekhyun tried hidding his red face but ended up giggling at himself.
 
~*~
 
"Mrs. Byun?" A middle aged women called.
 
"Yes?" Hyerin turned her attention to her friend next to her, she was watching the clouds before she was called.
 
The women nodded towards the other end of the park where a magnificently bright tree grew along with a joyous child giggling underneath, "I think Baekhyun made a friend."
 
Hyerin directed her gaze to her son. He was talking to the space in front of him, holding up different toys as if showing them to someone. "Why go and make an imaginary friend when he has friends at the kindergarten?" She asked.
 
The other women shrugged, "Maybe he just felt like he was missing something. Or got bored being all alone like that over there." The lady went back to flipping through her magazine.
 
Hyerin watched her son. He looks so lively and playful- smiling and laughing like a child's first time at an amusement park- this is the happiest she's ever seen him. Whatever it was he missing, he found it now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Annyeong~ this was just a short basically saying why Baekhyun thought about this park in the last chapter but you'll see why it pained him later. Thank you voters, subscribers and readers~