Chapter 3

The Treasure Chest
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol awoke to find himself tucked into a nice soft bed, his limbs stiff to his sides and a down comforter tucked underneath his chin. He groggily sat up and rubbed his head. He didn't know where he was--he quickly took a look around the cabin and almost wailed. The night before his surrogate father had passed--he was in the captain's cabin. Someone, probably Bill(?) or Kim, had tucked him in and took the captain's body away. Why was he in the captain's cabin though? Shouldn't he be in his own room below the docks? Ah, that's right--he was captain now. 

He sighed and rubbed his hands down his face in exasperation. His face was sticky from tears and his eyes were puffy and uncomfortable. He stalked off towards the in-cabin washroom and scrubbed his face. With water dripping down his face he gripped the edge of the sink and looked himself in the mirror. His hair was black, long, curly and a mess. What was he supposed to do? Was he really going to find the treasure chest? He remembered the story of the Kng of the Seven Seas--it was said that if you could overtake two other pirate captains you would become the King of the Seven Seas, the Pirate King. All the other Pirate lords would have to bow down to you. He wistfully stared at himself in the mirror and turned to dry himself off. Stalking up to the deck he was greeted by the crew running ship like any other day. 

"Kim, where did you put the captain?" Chanyeol quietly murmured after he ghosted to the said man's side.

"With the sea, captain. With the sea." Kim murmured and walked away.

Chanyeol watched the man go before he turned and stalked toward his cabin. He pulled the map of Marcos out from the tube next to the desk and laid it out on the table. Jeorge had said to go to town and find the only seamstress in town. Which town though there were hundreds of towns. Chanyeol twisted his lips in thought before exclaiming. Merchants! Of course--he scanned the map and found that the Merchant town was in the far northeast corner of Marcos. It would take them an extra two days to get there. He rolled up the map and stalked back towards the deck.

He called Kim to his side and requested he turn the ship towards the Merchant town. After much protesting, failed reasoning and begging--Chanyeol finally got his way. He stood overlooking the ocean as it passed by and sighed as his hair lew in his face. He took a lock of hair and stared at it. It was starting to bother him--it reminded him of old memories, memories of when he used to scream and yell whenever Jeorge tried to cut his hair. He his heel and called Bill to his side.

"Yes, captain? What is it you need?" Bill muttered lowly as he came to stand behind him.

"Could you cut my hair?" Chanyeol asked without turning back.

"You want to cut your hair?" Bill enunciated--he had always been the one stuck with the crying baby when it was time for the dreaded haircut.

"It's too long. I want it cut.

Please log in to read the full chapter