Prologue

The Treasure Chest
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was five when he was taken in by Jeorge--he remembered pronouncing his name George only to be fiercely corrected. "It's Jor-jay my boy--French!" he would spew using his hands to express his discontent with the small child for pronouncing his name incorrectly. His parents had dumped him on a ship that was bound for Marcos in hopes of him having a better life--the peninsula of Korea was ravaged with war and days after his father was dragged off to the royal army he was abandoned by his mother on a ship. She had hoped for a better life for her baby boy. Jeorge had found him on the ship huddled in the corner scared, dirty, and hungry. Pity washed over him in a wave and the next thing he knew a little Asian boy was in his arms looking up at him with doe eyes.

"My name's Jeorge, boy. I'm here to take you away." He had said.

The boy said nothing.

"Are you scared? Is that why you are not speaking?" He had asked, perplexed as to why the boy kept his mouth shut.

The boy stared at him once more and remained quiet for a few beats before he opened his mouth and starting spewing some weird foreign language Jeorge had never heard of in his life. He wasn't sure if it was because he was illiterate or because the boy didn't speak well--he decided to blame the boy's speaking abilities.

Jeorge took him to the pub that he and his crew were staying in--the woman bartender and owner of the pub and motel looked up at him with distaste before it shifted into horror at seeing a young boy sleeping in his arms. She proceeded to hurl pitchers and glasses and whatever she could get her hands on in his direction. Annoyed, Jeorge gestured to one of his sailors and he pinned the woman's arms down to her side.

Breathing heavily, she panted, "What are you doing to that child? Is it not enough that you are cooped up in here not paying and keeping me hostage? Is it not enough that you burned d

Please log in to read the full chapter