Chapter 1

The Treasure Chest
Please log in to read the full chapter

"58.....59." Jeorge counted as he reached the last man.

"There should be 60--who's missing. Who's...? Oh damn! Chanyeol!" Jeorge screamed in frustration--boy was never up in time. He was going to have to give him a good beating. He stomped down to the barracks and towards his son's quarters where his son was peacefully snoozing on the bed--limbs splayed in four different corners, like a snow angel. Jeorge stood at the doorway before opening his mouth and letting loose a loud 'Chanyeol'.Said boy only groaned before turning on to his side. Huffing, Jeorge stalked over to the bed and dragged the boy by his foot on to the floor and proceeded to drag him up the steps to the deck. A painful process which, of course, resulted in said boy waking up only to start yelling obscenities at the man.

"Captain! Jeorge! What in the world are you doing?" Chanyeol shouted once Jeorge had deposited him on to the deck.

"Waking you up, son. Did you not hear the bells? It is an hour past dawn and you were still not awake. Boy, I've told you this--you wake at dawn no later!" 

Chanyeol sighed before replying, "You can't have us work until eleven in the evening and wake up an hour before dawn which is five in the morning, mind you. That's six hours of sleep--at best!" 

His fellow pirates only sighed before shaking their heads--only a fool would argue against Jeorge. Even if the fool was the captain's own son.

"Boy! You stop arguing and get your up into the crow's nest!" 

When Chanyeol did not move he yelled incoherent words and chased him with his cane. Sending the boy scurrying up the mast and climbing his way up like a lizard. At his perch, he peered down and gave the captain a look of distaste before settling himself in his makeshift bed.

"That boy. I swear I don't know what I'm going to do with him--he's going to really drive me crazy one day." Jeorge mumbled, fussing his hair. He quickly calmed his head and turned toward the rest of his men. 

"We start our journey ashore today--get ready men. It's going to be a long few weeks." 

----------

"Mira, sweetheart! Can you come here a moment and help me with the checkbooks?" 

"Yes, mother--I'll be down in a moment but after that I really must go. Mrs. Bougier will not be happy that I am late!"

"I know, dear but your mama really needs help with these."

"I'll be right there!" Mira called back as she slipped herself into her dress and tightened the cords. Being half European she had inherited a big chest from her mother and was glad that she was not a noble girl--she would probably suffocate before she left the premises of her room. She took one last sweep of her closet of a room to make sure she hadn't left anything behind and went on her way down the steps and into the family store underneath the house.

"What is it you need, mother?"

"Oh dear child--I cannot understand how to work these checkbooks! Honestly, I don't know why your father had to leave town at the busiest time of the year! We have the most business at this time--this is the time for clothing repairs and clothing making! I should be doing that! Not tending to the finances, the old measly fart!" 

Mira only sighed and shook her head before she gently bumped her hips with her mother to get her to move out of the way. 

"What exactly is the problem, mother?"

"I am confused--what do I do with them?"

Mira sighed again before she quickly explained to h

Please log in to read the full chapter