Chapter 6

Letters to Juliet
Jessica's POV.
 
I'm back. Back in the country, back in the office. It felt nice to be back especially with Yuri. I know it would sound absurd but I needed to get my mind straight. Taeyeon needed to get off of my mind. It's been two weeks already. Yet, I can't seem to get you out of my mind. Your stupid behaviour, your lack of understanding, your arrogance, your.. sweet smile, your sparkly eyes, your laughter. You.
 
I sighed as I leaned back on my chair. I looked at the journal on my work desk. To give Yunho or not to give? I knew he was not the type of person to enjoy this sort of literature writing but I can try, right? But I still feel somewhat dejected. Like a part of it is missing something. Or maybe just, a part of me that is missing something. 
 
Was it a bad thing that I wasn't even angry when Yuri didn't come home for an entire day? Yes, she was busy preparing for her restaurant's opening but I am still her soon to be wife. Instead of saying she was sorry, she decided to put the blame on me. Blabbering about the times I spent in Paris. She claims I "avoided" her. Avoided seems like the wrong word. Yet, I didn't care. I apologized though. It wasn't something a Sica would do but I decided to cut it short.
 
I rubbed my temples. Things were fine. Why is it complicated now? 
 
"Alright, I've been observing you for about 10 minutes now. Something's bothering you. Spit it out." I heard Jonghyun say - opposite me.
 
He knew me well. One of the reasons why he's my best friend. He understood me when I had to rant about Yunho. He understood me when I had problems with Yuri. Pretty much almost everything. He was that one friend you could count on. The one that says, "we should do it" instead of "you should do it". 
 
Instead of 'spitting it out', I chose the other answer. Silence.
 
"You know, your mouth may not be saying anything right now but your eyes are screaming for my help." Jonghyun said. 
 
I smiled. 
 
"It's Yuri." I said. 
 
"And Taeyeon, right?" He said - looking straight into my eyes. I looked away. I told him everything about Taeyeon. Even the sudden kiss. After he digested everything I told him, he only gave me a smile and told me to wait. That is exactly what I am doing yet its mentally draining me. 
 
"You read me like an open book." I said.
 
"Tell me something." He came closer. "What do you feel when you kiss Yuri?"
 
What do I exactly feel? I didn't know. I just thought it was a kiss. I didn't feel anything to be honest.
 
"Nevermind. Let me re-phrase that. What did you feel when you kissed Taeyeon instead?" He questioned.
 
A kiss with Taeyeon felt like a packet of candy just exploded in me. I frowned thinking it was weird. I stared into space as I thought about the kiss that still gives me shivers everytime I think about it.
 
"Err... what" I gave him a blank stare.
 
He chuckled. He sat on my desk and poked my journal.
 
"Are you gonna give this to Yunho or do you want me to do it?" He handed me my journal. "I'm proud of you, you do know that right?"
 
I smiled - thankful that I had Jonghyun. I stood up and patted his cheeks as a way of saying yes.
 
I reached the door to hell. Well, not really. Yunho's office. I stared at the door for a few minutes before having the courage to knock on it.
 
"Come in." He said with a stern voice.
 
"I have something new." I waved my journal.
 
"Well, don't waste my time. Quickly give it to me and let me read it. I hope I won't be dissappointed again." He looked at me. 
 
I only nodded.
 
I passed him my journal and stood there awkwardly. He opened the first page but then shifted his attention to me. 
 
"Have a seat?" He asked.
 
"Oh." I sat down awkwardly - waiting for him to get started. I looked down the whole time, staring at my hands on my lap.
 
After minutes of what I call 'awkward frustration', he sighed inwardly.
 
"What happen?" He asked curiously.
 
"Uh, you don't like the ending?"
 
"No, the ending is fine. It was actually quite moving but what happen to the people? I mean, are they still together? What about the kid, I mean, Taeyeon, where is she?" I inhaled sharply when I heard her name.
 
I smiled bitterly after getting my mind back on track. "I don't know. I didn't keep in touch." I dropped my gaze again.
 
"Do you have any advice?" I asked him after a five second silence.
 
"I think you should start buying stock already because all the ladies are gonna be flocking to Paris." He said - taking my journal. He was a business minded man so I wasn't surprised when he mentioned about the stocks. But I was surprised when he hinted about a possible publish. I had to ask.
 
"Are you gonna publish this?" I asked. I finally felt slightly happy.
 
"Yeah of course, I'm gonna publish it. It's a good story. You got anything else for me?" He asked.
 
"No, not at the moment." I answered - still dumbfounded.
 
I left the room with a huge smile on my face. Jonghyun saw me approaching him and spread his arms out wide. I gladly wrapped my arms around his waist while he hugged me back. We didn't need words to say how grateful we were to have each other. We let go of each other and smiled. 
 
"Talk to Yuri, okay?" He said.
 
I nodded positively. I knew what to tell her. I just hope it would be the right thing.
 
 
***
I reached the restaurant. I saw Yuri talking to one of the contractors. She was frowning and talking to him in a harsh way. I figured the contractor did a mistake. She told the contractor to do something. Yuri rubbed her forehead in a painful manner. The stress was hard on her. The liquor license wasn't getting approved and not to mention the renovation that got delayed.
 
She must have heard my footsteps as she turned around to greet me - with a forced smile.
 
"Hey baby, how was your day?" She asked me.
 
"I showed my story to Yunho." I said.
 
"Well, did he like it?" She raised her eyebrows.
 
"Yeah. He's gonna print it."
 
"PRINT IT? Wow, that's pretty great!" She said - in shock.
 
"Yeah I know. Did you read it? Last night I left it on the table when you were about to shower. I told you to read it if you wanted to. Did you?" I would have been glad if she actually took her time to read my story.
 
"Uh.. no. No. Well, I don't need to." She said.
 
My smile disappeared.
 
"I mean, I know its gonna be great. Plus, I'm going to see it when it comes out. That's when I prefer to buy it and be like 'WOW! This is fantastic!'. You know what I mean?" She was always the cheerful type.
 
"Yeah.. I guess." I said - dejectedly.
 
A loud clang made us both shut our mouths. She didn't say 'bye' to me as she made her way back into the restaurant. But it was okay. I knew my decision. I just needed to find the right time to tell her.
 
 
***
I went to work again. Just like any ordinary day. I still haven't told Yuri about my decision. She was just too busy and so was I. We were fine with it. I needed time and space to think about myself too.
 
I sat down on my desk. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Jonghyun holding a letter. He gave it to me with a smile on his face which screamed 'READ IT NOW!'. I frowned - looking at his expression. I took the letter and saw the name on the address.
 
Jeanne Kim.
 
I quickly grabbed a scissors and opened the letter.
 
It wasn't really a letter. It was more of a invitation. A wedding invitation. 
 
Jeanne & Sueroz.
 
Wow.
 
I stared at the invitation - smiling widely. Was it because I get to see the pair getting married or was it because I get to see her again? All these feelings are overwhelming. In a good way, of course.
 
I had to go. And I am gonna go. I just have to deal with Yuri first. I excused myself from work and left to go the restaurant. I nervously thought of what I was going to say to Yuri in the cab. 
 
"You okay, miss?" The cab driver asked me. He must have noticed how flustered I looked.
 
"Yeah. Just nervous, that's all." I said.
 
"Big decision to make?" 
 
"Something like that." I answered.
 
"Well miss, if you think its the right thing to do, then you have nothing to worry about. As long as you don't regret it later. One thing for sure, always listen to your mind when it comes to decisions, never the heart. The heart is just a distraction. Trust me, I know." He did make sense. 
 
"Thank you, ahjussi." 
 
I gave him the money. He gave me a fatherly smiled and said, "thanks miss."
 
I stepped in the restaurant. It was quite packed and doing well. Yuri was doing well. Her stress has been reduced and she has been smiling regularly again. I didn't mean to ruin the moment but I had to. I didn't want to be stuck in this dreaded moment.
 
I entered the kitchen - seeing all the chefs making their respected dishes. I approached Yuri who was making her special spaghetti.
 
"Hey Sica, everything alright?" She asked - while cooking.
 
I decided to get straight to the point.
 
"Sueroz and Jeanne are getting married." 
 
"Really? Wow! When?" She asked again.
 
"Saturday." I said.
 
"Saturday? This Saturday?" She turned around after turning the stove down.
 
"Yeah and I'm gonna go. Alone." It was time.
 
She stared at me. She was hurt, I could tell. She was mixing her spaghetti while thinking of something.
 
"Guys, if you could please go out for a moment." She gestured her chefs to move. "Yeah just for a moment, I need to talk to Jessica. I'll tell you guys when I'm done. Just drop everything you're doing and go out. Please." 
 
I looked down.
 
Once everyone was out, we started to talk.
 
"Wait Sica-"
 
"No no no, just let me get this out." I said - sternly. "I really don't know what this is anymore. I don't know what we're doing. I don't know where this is going. I mean, we went on vacation but we didn't spend anytime with each other." 
 
"Yeah well because you were busy writing. I didn't mind." She blamed me again.
 
"I know you didn't mind, and you were busy too." I said.
 
"Oh come on." She turned away from me - crossing her arms.
 
"That is what I'm saying. Yuri, we went on like a pre-honeymoon and we didn't mind being apart from each other." She stared at me. I could feel tears buliding up in my eyes. "It's not suppose to be that way. We're supposed to wanna be with each other all the time." I choked on my words.
 
"I wish I could tell you that things are gonna be different and that I'm gonna be different but I.. this is who I am." She said.
 
"I know and I love.. I love who you are but I've changed. It's not working out, Yuri." 
 
I pulled her attire for a quick last hug. I inhaled the scent I loved for the last time. 
 
"I have to go, Yuri." We let go.
 
I walked away - feeling like a weight has been lifted off of me.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Studying has really been giving me a lot of stress so I decided to get on the computer and write. Sorry for the short update. Finale gonna be up soon and then epilogue which will be a . Hope you guys enjoyed :) (unedited so pardon if any errors, i'm really sleepy ><)