Chapter 1

Letters to Juliet

A busy day. Not one minute I had a moment where my phone would just be silent. Not complaining though, since I was looking for a lead on my next article. Robert Field - the gentleman who saw the spontaneous kiss happen at Times Square right after the World War II ended. Who knew a kiss would potray such beautiful art.

"Hey, Jonghyun? Yeah, I didn't find him yet, but I still have one more guy that could help. I'll let you know if I get something okay? And please get me my usual Starbucks. It's gonna be a long day, trust me Jonghyun. All right, thanks. I'll see you in the office." I said on the phone with my colleague, Jonghyun.

Did I mention that I was working for Korea's most leading news articles? And CEO is somewhat related to me? Yes, the CEO. Jung Yunho - who apparently turns out to be my biological brother. Though, I only treat him as a boss rather than a brother after a big incident.

"Hello? Yes, sir. Is this Robert Field? Oh, I was just curious to know; where were you when World War II was declared over? ...Times Square? REALLY?" Finally, a lead. "Oh god, thank you so much, sir. You don't know how much of pressure you lifted off of me." I heard him chuckle over the line. He then, told me the story of the kiss that felt so real even though I did not witness it. A kiss that expressed thousands of feelings, most importantly - love.

"Wow.. that's really amazing. Thank you so much, sir!" I said, before hanging up - grinning ear to ear.

 

I called Jonghyun and told him the great news. He too was happy for me. I could hear him jumping around and congratulating me. I giggled but froze when I heard him stumble and fell down with a loud thud. I chuckled upon his carelessness.

I made my way to the main office and proceed to sit down on my desk. I began typing on the computer and also browsing through some of the notes I wrote on my handy journal. Most people usually store them on their iPad or Tablets, but I liked to keep it traditional.

After printing the article, I made my way to the CEO's office. I kept my cool although my heart was thumping inside. I knocked on the door and waited for a response. I never knew I had to be so cold towards a sibling of mine.

"Come in." I heard him say. I opened the door. Even the slightest noise coming from the door made me uncomfortable. I kept my posture and turned my b*tch mode on.

"I did it. I found the lead on the kiss after World War II - it was quite hard at first but when I got the last unexpected call, I managed to ge-"

"You really think this article will work out? I mean, who would read these kinda mushy stuff?" I got cut off. I hate it when that happens.

I remained silent as I know fighting back would be worthless.

"Please bring me something the media and society would love. Not this." He pointed harshly at the article.

"Okay." I mentally cursed myself for being such a cowards towards my own brother. A ruined day without a cup of Starbucks. Which reminds me of Jonghyun. Where is he with my Starbucks?

I walked to Jonghyun's desk and spotted him - playing Tetris instead of working on an article. No wonder his nickname is "Lazy Dinosaur" among the colleagues here. I caught his attention by poking both sides of his rib area since he was a ticklish guy.

"Eeep!" He jumped and turned around to meet his 'poker' - me.

I rose my eyebrow as I pointed at the screen, where his game was still going on.

"What?" He said. I still maintain my judging face. "I love Tetris, you can't stop me." He smiled. I gave in and sat on the edge of his desk.

"He hated it." I said, going straight to the point.

"Seriously? God, why is he so stubborn. Sometimes I don't get how he could possibly be your brother." It's true.

"Whatever. I just wanna get home and cuddle with Yuri. I received a text from her just now saying she had a big news for me, I mean - us. Should I be nervous or what?" I asked Jonghyun, since he was an expert in these kinda situations.

"Do you trust her?" He asked.

"Of course I do. What kind of question is that?" I immediately responded.

"Then it'll be fine. I mean come on, if you're thinking she's gonna break up with you, you're stupid." He said, mocking me with his teasing words.

"I know! Oh god fine. I'm sorry I even asked. How's Key?" I changed the subject.

"The usual. Being the diva and feeding me." He smiled. He always smiles when it comes to Key. "He apparently likes me sleeping with no shirt on; which I love since I can have some y time with him." He winked.

"Please, spare me the details." I said in disgust. "I should be going then. Don't wanna keep her waiting."

"Alright. I'd probably leave in about 20 minutes or so." He said.

I grabbed my coat and a few documents from my desk and began walking towards the exit. I halted at Jonghyun's desk before asking him, "What happen to my Starbucks?"

He stared at me; with a clueless expression. "Oops." He smiled nervously. I scoffed and then smiled. He relaxed and apologized. I gave him a wink and continued walking to the exit. I stopped a cab and told the ahjussi where I was headed. When he nodded, I relaxed on the seat and stared out the window.

 

I wonder what big news Yuri has for me. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's all gonna be good.

The first thing I realized when I entered the house was how quiet it was. Usually the TV would be on or even music since Yuri enjoyed music playing around the house. I took out my heels and placed them on the shoe rack. I slipped my purse off my shoulder and placed them on the table.

"Yuri?" I called out.
 

No answer.
 

"Yuri?" I called out again. Louder. "I'm serious right now! I'm not playing! Stop fooling around - you're making me scared!" I cried.

"In the dining room!" I finally heard her. I guess she could sense that I was really frightened.

I sighed and went to the dining room.

I was in shock when I saw various types of food on the dining table; my favourite wine; and not to mention a red candle right in the middle of the table. My eyes slowly made its way up to a tanned girl wearing an apron - grinning at me with her charming smile. She held out a cupcake - Red Velvet. The first cupcake she made for me. I smiled as I thought about that day.

Flashback.

"Yuri! Yuri!" A 16 year-old me - calling my new girlfriend. She closed her locker and looked at me. I ran towards her and gave her a big hug. She was clearly shocked from the unexpected hug since we were only dating for a week. Not to mention she was usually the one who starts the skinship instead of me.

"What was that for?" She asked me - her cheeks becoming slightly pink.

"Can't I hug my girlfriend?" I asked, turning my expression from a cute one to a glaring witch.

"N-No I mean, usually, um, I start the h-hugging and all, um I mean..." She scratched her head - wondering what to say, but obviously failed since her stammering was not stopping.

I smiled and pinched her cheeks. "I was just joking, babo-yah." I kissed her nose. She blushed more and covered her face with her hands. She then said something that I couldn't understand since her hands were covering and almost her whole face.

"I can't understand you. You know I find you extremely cute when you start blushing right?" I pried her hands with mine and finally saw the face that cheered me up everyday. 

She looked away and pouted. I tapped her right cheek with my fingers. She looked at me through the corner of her eyes. She giggled when I made a funny expression. She sneaked her arms around my waist and kissed me lightly. I bit my lip after we pulled away. It was always a habit of mine. 

"Anyway," I changed the subject. "I need to borrow one of your notebooks since there's a quiz later." I was about to open the locker when she suddenly stopped me.

"Y-Y-You can't open it!" She stammered again.

"And why not?" I asked her - with a cold tone. I crossed my arms at the same time.

"...." She stared at me, blankly. 

"Are you hiding a picture of your wife that lives in China and three children?" I joked. I became quiet when she was still having an expressionless face.

"YAH! ARE YOU!?" I panicked.

"Of course not! What. Why would I even... Nevermind." I knew she was confused with my joke. "You just can't open my locker, okay?"

"Hey, what is that?" I asked, pointing behind her. She glanced behind. I took that oppurtunity to lightly push her and open her locker - as quick as possible. I rose my eyebrows when I saw a small box with a paper stuck to it. I took a closer look at the paper and saw the writing. "To my lovely Jessica <3", it wrote.

"What is this?" I held the box and asked her.

She took the box from me and sighed. "I was gonna surprise you with something I baked myself." She opened the box and revealed a small but tasty looking Red Velvet cupcake. It had had a cute heart - made of whip cream.

"I thought maybe.. If I wanted to live my dream, I wanted you to be a part of it. That's why I baked it. I, Kwon Yuri, don't bake for ordinary people. So it's a big thing, okay." She said, cutely.

I stared at her lovingly before giving her a light kiss. I wanted to kiss her passionately - but we were in a school hallway and we didn't want students staring at us.

"So I think you like it?" She said - making me giggle.

"I love it." I said, sincerely.

"You're welcome then." She stuck her tongue out to me before hugging me tightly. "I know we just started, but I really think this is something. I hope you'll stay beside me for as long as we can." I smiled and tightened my arms around her neck to show her that I will be there for her no matter what.

A simple cupcake - made for a loved one.

End of flashback.

It's been 7 years. Of pure bliss.

"I just wanted to make today's dinner a bit special." She said, before taking out a envelope from the apron pocket.

"What's that?" I asked - eyeing the envelope.

"Take a look for yourself." She passed me the envelope.

I took the envelope and opened it. I took out the contents - when a small shiny object suddenly fell on the ground from the envelope. I picked it up and realized it was a ring. I was holding a pure 2.5 karat diamond ring on my left hand. Feeling the two pieces of paper on my right hand, I looked at it - flight tickets. To Paris.

Yuri walked to me and took the diamond ring. She kneeled in front of me and looked up right into my eyes.

"I thought it was time to call you my wife and take you somewhere you'd love." She said. I saw her take a deep breath before saying, "Will you marry me, Jessica Jung?"

My eyes brimmed with tears before nodding positively. She smiled and slipped the ring on my finger. The perfect size.

She carried me bridal style and walked towards our bedroom.

"What about the food?" I asked her - looking back at the food.

"That can wait." She instantly replied. "You know Paris is called The City of Love, right?" She winked at me.

"Of course I do." I smiled at her.

"Well, let's make some love now." She placed me on the bed before hovering on top of me.

"What kind of logic is that?" I asked her.

She kissed my earlobe and whispered, "Yuri logic", before giving me a hard kiss.

I moaned when she ed my jeans and slipped her hand in an area which is quite delicate.

 

This was gonna be a long night.

 

 

A/N: Not Yulsic. That is all :P