The Elevator Incident

The Corn Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bom ran as quickly as her feet would take her. She was already running late for her morning meeting, with whom she hoped would be her new boss. Heading towards the office building she quickly checked her reflection in the high gloss glass windows of the prestige building. Happy with her slightly frazzled appearance she stepped through the automatic doors.

Bom was in awe of the interior of the building. Sure she had heard about the owner, who hadn't He was one of the most powerful, influential men in the busines world. He owned several other large buildings in Seoul, thought he seemed to live a quiet life, avoiding the media, and keeping most of his dealings thought his secretary, YoungBae.

Bom was amazed that she had got the call for this appointment. She never would have thought that someone like his would be interested in hiring her. But her friends had talked her into taking the interview, telling her that she was the best in her feild. No one else knew that inside outs of photograph like Bom. Her portfolios were widely known throught the local media but she had no idea what Mr. Choi would want her for. The man who famously known for avoiding media, and photographers.

 

Making her way towards the front desk, the geeky looking man in the suit looked up at her and raised an eye brow at her.

 

"Yes" He snapped whilst fiddling with an ear piece on his head.

 

"Um... I have an appointment with Mr Choi."

 

The geeky looking guy stood up and looked at Bom up and down. "Name?" Bom was taken back slightly. Sure people in Seoul could be rude and usually were, but this guy was just being ridiculous and he had only said a whole two words to her.

 

"Park Bom" The geeky looking guy scanned a sheet of paper and indicated towards the elevator. "Seventy Eight floor, Ms Park, he has been expecting you."

 

"Thanks... I guess." Bom walked towards the elevator, and pressed the button. The elevator seemed to take forever, as Bom checked her watch. She was running about ten minutes late. No matter how early she left to make an appointment, she always seemed to runi late it was just who she was.

 

Finally the elevator arrived and Bom stepped in, as she did smelled a scent. Turning quickly as to find the source of the scent, but as she did her elbow twisted and knocked in a soft but firm chest. Her brief case dislodged from her hand and it fell to the ground spilling open and spreading her porfolio all about the elevator. Bom was counting herself lucky that there was only one other person in the elevator with her and most of her pictures could be salvaged. 'Perfect' she thought to herself, just what she needed. Beginning quickly and shuffling pictures in her hand she began to sift thought the black and white shots. Bom turned to collect the messy pile of colored shots when they were held up close right before her eyes. Backing up and grabbing the shots she found herself staring up into the most dark, deep black eyes of the most handsome man she had ever seen. Bom suddenly figured out that the intoxicant scent was coming from this gorgeous man.

 

"Um thanks." Bom quietly said to the man.

 

"No worries, do you need help getting them back in order?" He was offering her help.

 

"N-no thanks, I'm already running late and I just don't have time to get them back in order. Thanks anyway." Bom heard the bell ding and moved towards the door. Suddenly the elvator went dark, and jumped from its stable position, jerking Bom into the gorgeous man slamming their heads together.

 

"What the...?" The man said as he felt his head, checking from damage.

 

"Oh my god, what-what's going on?" Bom said franticly. "No no no no any day but today!"

 

"Calm down Miss, I'm sure it will be fixed in a few minutes, after all this building has maintenance men coming out of its ears."

 

"Sure, calm down, that's easy for you to say. Your career isn't handing by a thread because you're not running late for an appoitment with the most terrifying man in this building." Just as Bom finised, the lights came back on.

 

"Ahhh you must be talking about Mr. Choi, I've heard that he can be a real ball buster."

 

"So you know him then?" Bom arched an eyebrow at the stranger.

 

"We've had the pleasure on more than one occasion."

 

"Well then you know that if I miss this appointment, my career is down the toilet."

 

"Come on~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter