The First Date [2/2]

The Corn Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The movie that we went to see was a romantic-comedy called 'Blended'. It started with two single parents going on a blind date, which went really badly. With a twist and turn of events, they ended up stuck together on a blended family holiday to Africa, where they started to fall in love.

 

Halfway through the film I noticed Seunghyun had his hand on the arm rest closest to me, with his hand open as if to say I could hold it. When it comes to things like this, I have absolutely no knowledge apart from things I learned in movies, which are planned out.

 

My hand was already facing palm-down on the arm rest, so it would look weird if I strangely slipped it into Seunghyuns. Not that I needed to, Seunghyun edged his hand close to mine, and before I could react, he had scooped up my hand and entwined our fingers.

 

I drew in a shaky breath, looking at Seunghyun through the corner of my eye, he was smiling triumphantly, but I guessed when it comes to things like this, Seunghyun is a lot more smoother than me.

 

As the movie was finishing, there was of course the classical kiss. As this happened I noticed Seunghyun was looking over at me, was he finding what was happening to mushy and decided to look away? Or was he fantasising me and him kissing? Or could it be he wanted to see how I reacted and decide if he wanted to kiss me later?

 

When we were leaving the cinema, I noticed that Seunghyun and I were still holding hands. Everything suddenly added up. Was it just a coincidence that we went to see a romantic-comedy? Did he plan this out?

 

"You didn't really get those tickets from a friend did you?" I asked dryly.

 

He stopped us in our tracks and stood so we were opposite each other. "It was two weeks of pizza delivery tips." he answered.

 

"Why? Why me?" I can't help but asked.

 

A guy like Seunghyun could have anyone he wanted, why would he want a geek like me. There's nothing special about me, I’m just your average girl, compared to girls like Soojung and Nana, two of the prettiest girls I know, I’m not one of those girls who would stand out in a crowded room.

 

"Because I love that you're passionate about singing, and when you start to really concentrate, you get this crease in your forehead right, there." he drew his thumb down the middle of my forehead as we laughed a little, when his thumb reached the bottom of my forehead, he moves it to cup my cheek "And you're beautiful." he added as he caresses my cheek with his thumb, I tried to fight back a blush but failed miserably.

 

"Why do I have this feeling your about to mess up my entire life?" I said, looking over his shoulder, I don't know why but I just can't seem to bring myself to look at him.

 

Eventually, I got over that faze and looked him in the eye.

 

"A little mess never hurt anyone." he answered coolly. Before I can do anything else, Seunghyun has leaned forward and is now kissing me on the lips. My eyes widen at first, but soon enough I kiss him back.

 

He wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me close to him, while his other hand was running through my hair. I moved my hands from his chest to the back of his neck, running one hand through the bottom of his surprisingly soft locks. We just stood there, kissing each other, ignoring everything else.

 

Seunghyun rested his forehead against mine still caressing my cheek and I noticed he has a sly smile on his face.

 

Before I can ask why, he interrupted. "So does this mean you’re my girlfriend?" That caught me off guard.

 

"Um..." I pretend to be confused, to which he places a hand over his heart and gasped in mock offence.

 

"Oh come on! I did not just spend two weeks of saving up to buy these tickets, and kiss you, for it to mean nothing!" he said dramatically.

 

"Ok, ok, I’ll... be your girlfriend." I said smiling.

 

A massive grin crosses his face.

 

 

 

 

 

"Can I have your number please?" Seunghyun asked as he parked outside my house.

 

"Um, sure..." I hesitated.

 

After we have exchange numbers, I climbed out the car. I'm surprised when Seunghyun does the same.

 

He's not going to ask to come in the house is he? I'm lucky my dad let me go out in the first place, if I bring Seunghyun in the house, it may start a riot. Thankfully, he stopped when he is in front of me,

 

"So, when will you next grace me with your presence?" he asked taking my hands in his.

 

"Probably Monday, I'm busy most of the weekend." I lied. Now don't think that because I'm lying, I'm being mean. I haven't got much knowledge when it comes to relationships, only things I've seen in movies, which are planned anyway. It was impossible to miss the upset look that crossed Seunghyuns face, so I decided not to mask the guilty look on mine.

 

"Your hands are freezing!" Seunghyun stated.

 

What he did next surprises the life out of me, but at the same, made my heart melt a bit.

 

He cupped his hands around mine, and breathed into them, warming them up.

 

After about ten seconds of warming me up, he placed his chin on top of our mingled hands.

 

"Are you sure you haven't got any spare time this weekend?" he asked with puppy-dog eyes.

 

"Don't make me have to pull my secret weapon on you!" he added.

 

"Secret weapon?" I repeated, confused.

 

As I said this he put our hands down, and brought his chin to his chest, as if to compose himself.

 

He brought his head back up, with a facial expression that made him look as if he were about to kill me with that gaze.

 

I gave him a confused look.

 

"This kind of an off day for me, this doesn't normally happen. You're not fainting, you're meant to faint." he told me through pouted lips.

 

"Sorry to ruin your confidence, but it looks like you’re in pain." I teased.

 

He put his hand to his heart and scoffed in mock offence.

 

"Anyway, I'll see what I can do about finding time this weekend." I tried to change the subject.

 

"Thanks, text me when you find out."

 

He took my hand in his and begun to steer me toward my house, I begin to panic.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Taking you home." he answered flatly.

 

"My house is five metres away."

 

"Yeah, but who knows what could be h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter