The Deal.

The old mansion...(Dropped)



 


*Kris

*Kris Thoughts

*Tao

*Kris's Mother

*note: Conversation between Tao and Kris is in Mandarin.

** Means in English.

 




“WU YI FAN!!! GET UP AND EAT YOU BREAKFAST!!!!” **

 

Mrs. Wu screamed at her top of her voice, calling out for her lazy son to get off the bed. After afew seconds of his mother’s naggings, Kris finally gave up and drag himself lazily off his bed and down the kitchen, only greeted by more naggings.

 


“There you are. Why do I have such a lazy son? It’s 9 o’clock for crying out loud and you just got up! ” **

“But mom~ it’s Saturday~~ Why must I be up early?” **

 

Kris questioned his mother, busy making breakfast.  Kris may look like a mature young adult but he’s not. Although born with a body like no other, he’s actually only a young boy in a young adult’s body; innocent and naïve. Mama’s boy. His thoughts wandered off.

 

“That man…was it really a dream? But it felt so real…”

“You forgot? It’s Saturday so you have to do your chores, remember?  You don’t expect your poor mother to do everything herself do you?” **
 

 

She pulled a sad expression as she serves today’s breakfast. There’s gos Kris’s will to bargain with his mother to get permission to get into his bed again.

 

“Fine mom.  I’ll do the chores...”**
 

Kris was about to dig in when a sharp pain interrupted him before he could get some breakfast into his tummy.

 

“Ouch!” **

“It wasn’t a dream after all…”


“What happened?! Kris… did you get into a fight yesterday? That reminds me, where were you and did you know what time you came back young man? I told you countless of time, not to mix around with that kid… What's his name again?  Oh, Chayeol, he’s looks weird and all that, especially when he smiles. It gives me goose bumps. But you don’t listen. Anyway, you should thank your friend for bringing you back. ”**

"Mom~~~ its ChaNyeol not Chayeol...and he's not weird!  Mom, what about my friend? Wasn’t it Chanyeol that brought me home? ”**

 

Mrs. Wu took a sip of orange juice before answering to her son’s question.

 

“No it wasn’t him. It was a fine tall man that brought you home. He –“

“FINE TALL MAN?  Mom did you see how he looked like?”

“No. It was too dark and besides he had his hood up so I couldn’t see his face clearly. What’s wrong? Did anything happen between you and that man?”**

“I-It’s nothing Mom...”**

 

Kris gobbled his breakfast down real fast and excused himself to do the laundry.  Mrs. Wu was surprised but she knew her son would never do anything like this if it’s not important.  She finished her breakfast and begins to wash the dishes when she was interrupted by her son.

 

“Mom, I’m going out.” **

 

Kris said while he put on his shoes.

 

“What about the laundry?”**

“Done.”**

“Your bed?”**

“Yup. Done that.”**

“ How about the trash? I told you many umpteen of times to take the trash out and I know you hate taking the tra---- ”**

 

Kris lifts his head and look at his mother.

 

“Done that as well. Can I go now?”**

“Y..Yeah..Go on…”**

 

Mrs. Wu was proud of her son but at the same time, crept out by his behavior that she almost dropped a soapy dish. Her son had never once, done things so fast. He’s kind that dragged his feet and does things or his chores like a sick tortoise.

“Don’t get into trouble!”**

 

Kris made his way to the old mansion. There were three reasons why he has to go back there.

 

Firstly, his shoe is in there (lucky his mom didn’t realize the other one was missing).

Secondly, he just had to know who that man was.

Finally, he wanted to ask about that incident-him being on the lip .

 

 

He made sure that no one followed or seen him on his way to the old mansion. He wouldn’t know what they (town people) who do to him. He took a deep breath and went in. The door creak open and Kris squeezed to the unpleasant amount of dust which echoed through the whole mansion. 

 

“Hey~ I see you came back~”

 

Kris definitely recognizes that voice. To his surprise, the same hooded man was there, this time he stood on one the edge of the window pane.

 

“Who are you, really?”

“Why would you want to know?”

 

That second when the hooded man asked Kris, he floated in mid-air and approached Kris, slowly.

 

“Why would you want to know? Are you like a scientist or something? Or are you just another ing one of them who wants to break down my house?”

“Break your house? Me? No. Of course not!”

“Then who are you? Why are you even here? No one dared to come close this mansion. Why?”

 

The hooded man stood right infront of Kris, too close. Kris could see his eyes. He wanted more. He wanted to see more.  Slowly, he pulled the hood of the man’s head.

 

“Wow~”

“W-what are you doing?!”

 

The man shoved Kris away from him.

 

“You haven’t answered my question yet! Why are you here?!”  

“Oh, my name’s Kris from the house at the end, down that street. I’m here to see you….and get my missing shoe from yesterday.”

“Oh…. There’s your shoe.”

 

Kris found it funny and amusing to see his shoe floating in mid-air. He just had to laugh.

 

“What are you doing?”

“Huh?!”

“That. You were doing something like this… Ha-ha-ha. What’s that?”

“You’re kidding me aren’t you? You have no idea what that was?”

 

The man nodded his head, looking straight at Kris as if he was damn curious what it was.

‘Cute.’

“It’s called laughing. People do it when they’re happy.”

“When they’re happy?”

“Yup. They laugh.”

“What’s happy?”

“…”

 

Kris knew that the man currently infront of him was just like a sad human being, except a demon.  Kris just felt that he had to something for this poor demon. 

 

“You know what?!”

“What?”

“I’ll come here every day and let you experience happiness. But first, what’s your name?”

“My name? My name? … I don’t remember.”

“You don’t remember? Okay…when were you born?”

“I think it’s 1893.”

“1893…which means you’re…120 years old?!”

“Yeah...”

“Oh my god. This is insane! Not to mention cool!”

 

The man stood there, tilting his head, waiting for Kris to say something. Or maybe wondering what is this saying and planning? Kris finally realizes the atmosphere and pulls his mind together.

 

 “It’s settled then. Tomorrow, I’ll be back and we’ll have fun!”

“Fun?”

“Yes. But now, I have to get back before my mom nags at me for being home late.”

 

Kris was sure when he said Mom, the man flinched alittle. But he didn’t think much of it and headed towards the door with the man floating in air right behind him.

 

“I’ll be going now. Oh, and thank you for sending me back. My mom…”

 

Again that flinch.

 

 “My mom said that you’re a fine tall man.”

“Fine tall man?”

“Yea. She means that you’re good-looking and tall.”

“Oh.”

 

Kris didn’t want to leave this man all by his own. He knew it’s ironic because this man is a demon and definitely able to protect himself but he didn’t have the heart to leave him all by himself. Something in him knew that this man is lonely and sad. But he had to leave.

 

“I’ll be going now. See you tomorrow. ”

“Okay.”

 

That night, Kris couldn’t get his mind off that man’s face. He was totally drawn in by those dark eyes and how dark his hair was.

 

‘Cute.’

“Did I really say that back there? Calling him cute? But what’s his name? I want to know. ”

 

Kris shook his head and shut his eyes, planning for tomorrow and soon after, he dozed off to sleep.

 

To be continued.

 


I had [Full Album] EXO - XOXO (Kiss Version) [VOL .1] playing while writing this. All there’s voice are so…heavenly~

Oh, I would like to thank JaneParkJooHyo for she is the for is the first who commented^^

Subscribe and Comment /waves/