Revelation

Our Love That Shouldn't Happened

Yunho locked the door to his apartment before turning to look at Changmin who was walking back and forth across the living room.

 

“You better have a damn good reason for calling me out. I was about to know what his relationship with Yoochun was.” Yunho complained, hands on his hips.

 

“Oh, I got that answer for you. Sit down.” Changmin ordered, pointing to the empty couch beside him. Yunho settled down with Changmin and finally, he passed the file to Yunho.

 

“What is this?”

 

“Turns out Park Yoochun is his doctor. His personal doctor. That’s Jaejoong’s medical records.”

 

“How did you get your hands on this?”

 

“Money can buy anything in this world, Yunho.” Yunho stared at the brown file, not sure whether to open it or not. Changmin stared at the man when he didn’t move.

 

“Come on, what are you waiting for?” Changmin urged. Yunho looked back at his friend.

 

“I don’t know, Min. Maybe this is getting out of hand. I mean…”

 

Yunho went silent, trying to string out words but he couldn’t form any. Changmin’s jaw dropped seeing Yunho’s reaction. He grabbed the file from the man.

 

“If you’re too scared to read it yourself, say it. I can read it for you.”

 

“Wait, not that...I just…”

 

“Listen here, Mr Chairman. You told me to investigate Kim Jaejoong and this is the result of it. Now you don’t want to see it. Don’t play jokes with me, Jung.” This time, Yunho was the one who stared at Changmin before snapping out of it.

 

“Fine. Read it for me.” Yunho ordered, deciding to listen to it after all from his friend’s findings rather than Jaejoong’s own mouth.

 

“Good. It says here Kim Jaejoong has severe coronary artery disease that leaves him days before his heart stop supporting him. Simply put, he’s dying from heart failure.”

 

“Jaejoong? The same Kim Jaejoong that looks fine to me just now?”

 

“Yes. That Kim Jaejoong. It says right here doctors have diagnosed him to a few more weeks to live. Now wait for it.”

 

“Wait for what?”

 

“Guess how long he is going to survive.” At that moment, something dawned on Yunho.

 

“Until the wedding. That’s why Mum chose Junsu over him. He can’t...I mean...he won’t live beyond that. My god…” Yunho felt weak, pulling himself into a ball.

 

“So that’s what the capsules on his table were. He was taking medication for this.”

 

“Look Yunho, there’s two ways this can go on. The first one is you leave him right away to avoid any heart pain between the both of you and awkward situations when anyone finds out about it. The second one is you continue to be with him, throw all the love you can give to him for the remaining time he has then suffer the heart pain and awkward situations when anyone finds out about it. As a director in your company thinking about our situation right now, I would say to go for the first one. Leave him right now and focus on giving Junsu your undivided attention.”

 

Hearing that, Yunho rolled his eyes, deciding to look away from Changmin.

 

“But as your best friend, I will force you to go for the second one. I know you like him a lot and he must have felt the same way so why don’t you two just spend the rest of the days with one another. Of course I also want you to suffer without having Kim Jaejoong to suffer also. If he...cross my fingers, if he dies, the only one who will suffer that heart pain will be you. There’s no need for him to suffer, especially in his condition right now. You get what I mean, right?”

 

Changmin looks at Yunho, seeing the man had gone silent for a long time. They stayed silent for a few minutes before Yunho finally stands up, sighing.

 

“I saw in my schedule that there’s this business deal in Japan that would take a lot of time.” Yunho said, looking at Changmin.

 

“Yeah, I’m taking charge of it. I’m flying there in two days.”

 

“Would it be possible for you to move the trip forward?”

 

“Wait, you want to follow me? But you never follow me for business trips.”

 

“Well, too bad. I’m following. I’ll see you tomorrow at the airport.” Yunho said, this time walking away from Changmin to his room.

 

“What are you planning?”

 

“Just get the flight tomorrow. I’m going to pack.” Yunho said, disappearing into his room.

 

“Lock the door when you leave!” Changmin heard Yunho shout, still confused when he sees his friend’s attitude right now.  

 

 


 

 

A short one for now. :)