Story behind the grub...

A KidZ NightMare (Haitus)

“You hungry?” she asks me as we walk past a new bakery shop, I nod my head “Lets go inside." As we walk inside we can smell the freshly baked biscuits and delicious chocolate muffins… but we were never aloud to get what we wanted only what we needed, plain old fresh bread. “One loaf” orders Jia to the man at the counter. He packaged the bag the hot loaf of bread into a paper bag. The announced the price with a sweet smile. “Lee” says Jia as I look into my pockets, I count the money up… then look at Jia… we didn’t have enough “sorry… we’re short…” we turn away from the counter and start to walk towards the door.

 

“Wait!” cries the man at the counter, we both turn our heads to face him “I’ll give the loaf for what ever amount you have” he offers generously as our faces light up.

 

“Really… thank you sir” says Jia bowing and I do the same “we’ll pay you back tomorrow” she promises.

 

“No! That will be okay! I see what you go through out there and this is the least I could do for you, and besides I think it’s quite entertaining, it’s the only company I really get in this quiet street especially if you’re the only person running a big bakery shop like this” he said as he pushes over the bag with a big nice smile on his face.

 

“~ Thank you sir! ~” we both say in harmony as I give him all the money we have in return. We both bow again in gratefulness and respect to the elder man. As we walk out with big smiles on our faces we are called to wait once more.

 

“Give us your bag for a moment” says the man putting his right hand forth, we walk up to him and hand him the bag, we watch as he cut another loaf into half and places it into the bag “I think you might have a few more mouths to feed so this is extra” he smiles. He is a man in his late 50’s and was quiet chubby in places, he had tomato colored cheeks which light up every time he smiles… to be honest looked like Santa except in a Korean sort of way with a long beard and little round glasses.

 

“Thank you Sir! Again!” says Jia as her face lights up, I could even make out tears of joy forming in her eyes enabling her to speak, we bow yet again.

 

“How could we ever repay you Sir?!” I ask bowing my head down to him.

 

“No, No, it’s okay I’m sure if I needed help then I’ll call out for you” he says smiling “Why don’t you take some cookies or” he carries on.

 

“Thank you Sir that’s more than enough” Jia says recovering from her emotional state “Thank you for your generous offerings” she continues “but we will take no more” she finishes and for the nth time we both bow. I take the bag from the counter “we should be off”

 

“Sorry about that… it’s just that when ever I see children like you… you remind me of my granddaughter” He says and his face instantly fell “You see, she always used to come to my shop when we lived in the country side” and with that single sentence he began telling his story.

 

~ It was always peaceful when she came into the shop bringing in her laughter and happiness…

 

“Granddad! Granddad! Look what I made!” she would cry.

 

“What is it?” I would ask.

 

“It’s an origami flower; I made one for you and one for grandma” she would say, her playful voice like a little song.

 

 I’d forget every bit of the pain that stung in my heart when she’d come. But when she moved away… the life of my shop moved with her~

 

He pauses momentarily… and as he did the lights in the shop seemed to follow his emotions and dim out “There go the lights again, give us a minute will you” he says as he toddles off to the fuse box “There we are” he says as the lights return to their original state. “You see, she moved somewhere around this area but of course my son, her father, never told me about it” he pauses.

 

~However, when my granddaughter finally came to my shop after finding out I was in town… I never felt the life in my shop come back. It was already lifeless as it was but it felt as if what ever was left in it was being drained away even more. As if everything, every memory was being into a black hole~

 

We listen carefully as he continues the story, Minho, Onew and Yuna could be heard talking about the story but ever so slightly as they were outside the were outside the shop.

 

“Did she say anything to you when she came?” Jia asks the depressed man.

 

“Well… yes…” he pauses.

 

~ I ran up to her as I hadn’t seen her in weeks I was overwhelmed with happiness…

 

All of a sudden she shouted out “Don’t come any closer!”

 

I didn’t know what I had done wrong… I was so happy to see her but her word whipped away the happiness replacing it with confusion and pain~

 

I could see the pain in his face as he explained; the poor man was clueless to what he had done to make his loved granddaughter so upset.

 

~ She started to bombard me with questions not giving me time to answer any of them…

 

“Why did you come here?” she said in a deep voice unlike the playful voice that she had before.

 

“I moved here for you” and I was interrupted by her deafening screams.

 

“YOU’RE LYING!!” I went over and hugged her trying to calm her down but she started screaming even more “I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE! YOU!!” she started slapping my chest then punching it hard when I let her go she violently pushed herself away from me and said “I never want to see you again!" with that she just ran out of the shop…~

 

 Tears fall down from his as if a tap had been . “Really… she said all that?” Jia says quietly taking pity on the man. He nods.

“There must be a personal explanation for this, maybe she was upset by something else and when she heard you moved into town she didn’t know what feeling to express…” I say as he listened to me carefully, I didn’t like seeing people cry and right now all I could do was comfort him even though I didn’t know him “and maybe that particular upset emotion was still really raw…” I stop not knowing what exactly to say next.

“And it probably over powered the other emotions, so her mood was fixed on that emotion” Jia finished what I had started and the man starts whip his tears away with his hanky which he had just pulled out his white apron pocket.

“Oh I wish it were true but I’m afraid… I can only blame myself…” he says with a husky dry voice “but I do wish and hope… that... that is the reason” he says giving us a small smile though he still had tears in his eyes. “She looked so upset” he says more to himself than anyone else “she looked like she was going to cry and sounded like it too… but for some reason her tears never seemed to fall” he thinks to himself for a moment “her face was pale and her eyes were dark… the light never seemed to bounce off her hair…” he pauses… and he pauses for a long time… “and I could’ve sworn… that there was a person near her… a very small person…” he mutters and me and Jia immediately look at each other both our eyes wide open.

“Could it be!...” Jia gasps quietly.

“…A guardian!” I gasp back finishing her sentence.

 

DarkShadow's note:

sorry for the long wait people

I've been seriously busy for the past... god knows how long 

and this time I'll try my hardest to update!

so forgive me for any grammar mistakes okay

*90 degrees bow*

and i just got my boost back to continue this story

so hopefully I'll be able to update quicker next time

for now bye bye everyone please leave comments! XD

// and sorry if it was boring i tried making this chap a bit more longer seen as my other chap was totally disgraceful so yeah ^^'//