Chapter 3

L.A. Here I Come!

 

 

Today, my main goal is to find a place to stay. I don’t care how, but I have to find it by today. I need to show Jessica that I’m capable of doing things that she asks me and with living separately in LA I think she’s going to think about me all the time, you know, wondering how am I doing and stuffs. She might worry and maybe, maybe she’ll ask me to just stay with her, right?

I thought for a second, finding place to rent in LA with the help of the newspaper helps, but no. This is all

HORROR!

The places I went to are horror! The first place I went to, I think I’m going to throw up now, it was disgusting, the kitchen was disgusting, there were dirty dishes in the sink and on the counter, I bet those dishes were all from two years ago! The second place I went to was a hell, once I entered the house, two American teenagers, who I supposed lived there, were pulling each other’s hair and they even threw a pillow at me. I can’t even imagine having housemates like that. The third, the fourth and the fifth place I went to were as hell as the first and the second. I was even greeted by four little chickens in one of the places. I mean, who let roosters walk around in a house? Los Angeles people are mad.

 I sigh as I walk to the sixth place. The weather is hot and I’m nothing but tired. This is all exhausting. My princess, where are you, please save your wangjanim! Please let me stay in the palace with you!

“Hello there” I suddenly hear a voice. I turn around and try my best to remember this person who’s now standing in front of me. “Hello there, beautiful Korean girl” he says again.

“Oh, hai. It’s you” I say and extend my arm to shake his hand. It’s the guy who helped me with my luggage when I arrived in LA few days ago.

“How are you? How do you find LA so far?” he asks, smiling and it shows his dimples.

“I’m fine, and it’s great, it’s just that I’m having trouble finding a place to stay” I answer him. He raises his eyebrows, “I thought you were staying with your girlfriend?”

“No, apparently the landlord only allows three people, so yeah…” I say with a low tone.

“What kind of place are you looking for? Maybe I can help?” he offers. I can see him smiling sincerely. This man is good, and I swear if I’m straight as a stick, I’ll marry him instead, but no, I’m straight as a rainbow and the only person I’m marrying is Jessica, my princess.

“Hmm…somewhere that’s not expensive, somewhere that I don’t have to share?” I say. “Do you know somewhere?”

He put his hand on his head and he is quiet for a few second before he speaks again. “I think I know a place like that, you’ll like it”

“Oh, really?” I ask cheerfully.

“Yeah yeah, in fact, I’m bringing you there now” he says smiling. I swear, this man is the nicest American I’ve ever met in my whole life. Not that the other American are mean, but he is just so nice since I arrived here and I’m very thankful. God bless this young man!

“This apartment belongs to my father” he says as he tries to find the key to the house. “He rented this to someone but he’s gone and no one lives here”

He enters the place and I follow behind him. Wow, this place is cosy. The living room is small but it’s okay since I’m staying here by myself. What makes me more happy is that the place is all covered in baby blue paint and the sofas are too in blue colour, this is heaven. But as much as I like this place, I really want to stay at the palace with my princess.

I turn around in amazement and the young man who I don’t know what his name is open one of the door in the house. Apparently it’s a bedroom. I enter and once again, I’m astonished. Amazed by the bedroom. There is already a small comfy bed and there are two windows facing the beautiful view of Los Angeles. The see through curtain is in purple colour and I’m nothing but in love! I immediately fall in love with this place.

“You like it?” he stands at the door frame and smiles at me.

“I love it!” I say and follow him outside of the bedroom. This place is really something. I see another door next to the bedroom door. I try to open it but it’s locked.

“Ey, don’t open it” he says and takes my hand away from the door knob. Okay this is something. “It’s my father’s room, I mean he puts his stuffs here, old stuffs” he says, standing at the door frame. “It’s storage, so you don’t have to bother about this room”

“Oh okay” I say smiling to him. “I really like it, but are you sure this place is not expensive because this place is amazing”

“Okay, let see, how much can you pay?” he asks, raising one of his eyebrows.

“$400?” I say, hoping he would say yes.

“Okay, $400 per month it is” he says. I shake his hand and he smiles at me with that dimple showing. “Tell you what, you pay 2 months deposit and you can have the house for free for the rest of your stay here”

Oh my God, this man is very nice, I want to kiss him, on his cheek! But no, I know exactly what my main plan here in Los Angeles is. So I just shake his hand again. “Thank you”

At noon, I bring my stuffs back and forth from Jessica’s apartment to my new place. It’s tiring to do this kind of thing alone, and thanks to Jessica again for being all busy that I’m doing this by myself.

After paying the kind guy $800, he went home and I have the place all to myself. There is nothing to clean, the place is seriously neat. The only thing I do is changing the bed mattress into purple colour, matching the curtain and putting Jessica and my photo on the wall. I threw myself on bed right after, I guess I’m tired due to the back and forth trip.