Chapter 1

L.A. Here I Come!

 

 

2 years ago…

Honestly, the only reason why I come to Los Angeles for the first time in my life is because I want to propose to my one and only hot amazing gorgeous girlfriend, Jung So Yeon or Jessica Jung. Hello, we’ve been dating for 5 years since high school and waiting for her to finish her studies in LA is hard for me, well, hard for the two of us. Sorry, but I’m not the type of person who wait patiently. I want her, and I want her to be my wife. So after few months of thinking, I’m finally here, I’m all ready with my ring.

“That’s the Vibinia” the taxi driver says, pointing at the beautiful building. I can’t help but smile when suddenly images of Jessica and me marrying each other at that place appear on my mind.

Oh my God, I’m so thrilled right now!

I cannot wait to see her and plan the most romantic wedding proposal ever in the history of wedding proposal. So my plan is, go to LA and attend a short course at the same university with her, and within those three months, I’m going to plan my wedding proposal perfectly!

“Thank you” I say to the taxi driver who even helped me with my three luggages. I look on my phone where I wrote Jessica’s address; yes this is the right place! I walk inside the building, struggling with my luggage, I don’t even know what I bring in there but the only important thing that I know I bring is the ring. Even thinking about it makes me smile from ear to ear. I sigh quietly when I see a paper on the elevator door

OUT OF ORDER, PLEASE USE THE STAIRS.

How am I supposed to carry this plethora of bags to the third floor by myself? I groan and grab one of the luggages and try to pull it on the stair. But, how about the other two? People are going to steal my peas and my ginger breadman if I leave them there. I sigh for the second time and grab my phone from my pocket, dialling Jessica’s number.

“This is Jessica, I’m busy right now and you know what to do after the beep”

Oh my God, where are you my princess, come save your wangjanim please? I put my phone back in my pocket and sit on the stair, thinking about what to do with my luggage.

“Hello there” I hear a voice. I look over at a young handsome American guy. I quickly stand up when he reaches me. “Can I help you?” he says, smiling, his dimple showing.

Next thing I know is that the man is carrying my two luggages to the third floor and I struggle with one. May God bless this kind man for helping me. We’re already on the third floor, to be exact, we’re already in front of Jessica’s apartment door.  I knock on the door and can’t help but smile. I really can’t wait to see her face, we haven’t seen each other for almost 9 months now and the last time we went on Skype was two months ago, thanks to her busy uni life!

“Thank you” I say to the young man when suddenly the door clicks open. I quickly run towards the person opening the door and hug her. “I miss you” I say and let go.

“Who is this?” Jessica asks and gives the young man a glare. I find it hot when she’s all jealous like that.

“He helped me with the luggage” I say and smile at the young man beside me. “And this is my girlfriend” I introduce my now jealous girlfriend to the man.

“Hello girlfriend” the man extends his arm but Jessica just stares at it.

“I’ll take it from here” Jessica says with a cold tone. The man leaves as soon when he sees Jessica’s face. Jessica pulls me inside of her apartment and I’m shock with the size, I can’t believe she lives in this small apartment with two other house mates. Speaking of housemates, one of them is currently sleeping on a couch at the living room and I know her, she is Im YoonA, we hang out a lot back in high school although we weren’t in the same class. I wonder where her other housemate is, the tallest Choi Sooyoung. I swear she was the tallest kid in high school and everyone (including me) was like teasing her about it. But now, I’m sure she’s proud of her height and I’m not proud of my height. I stop growing when I was in high school and I know how Choi Sooyoung loves to bully me these days about my height.

“How many times should I tell you?” Jessica says and sits beside the sleeping girl, arm cross. “Don’t trust people easily” she continues. I just stare at her. “What if he took your bags” she says again, giving me a glare. She is right; what if the man steals my bags, imagining that hurts so bad. I can’t live with my dukongs and my ginger bread man. But really, the man was nice, and he helped sincerely, well that’s how I feel about him. He was just trying to help plus it’s because of Jessica too, if she picks up her phone then maybe I don’t have to worry about my dukongs being kidnapped by some random handsome dimple American guy.

“It’s your fault too, you should’ve answered your phone, baby” I say and sit next to her. I took her hand gently and rub it. “But I’m here, and my bags are all here, at least don’t get angry at me? I flew all the way from Korea for you”

“Yeah, and that’s why I said you don’t have to go here, I’m always busy” Jessica says and put her head on my shoulder. “I’m afraid if I have no time for you, you know how crazy my course is”

“Of course you’ll have time for me, and you don’t have to worry about taking care of me, I can take care of myself” I say and kiss her head. The last thing I want is her being all worried about me, hey, I am your wangjanim, I can take care of myself and I can take care of you at the same time!

TIME                                                                      

passed so quick that it’s already night in Los Angeles. I am so glad I cleaned her whole apartment it looked like a sinking ship when I came this morning. I even cooked some Korean foods for the girls. I’m sure they missed Korean foods.

The door clicks open and come Jessica, Yoona and Sooyoung. Jessica stands in front of me while the other two girls go inside the kitchen. I hug Jessica and kiss her cheek. She smiles at me and give a kiss on my cheek too.

“Wahhh! Foods!” I hear Sooyoung screams from the kitchen. Jessica chuckles and pulls me towards the kitchen.

“You have no shame” Yoona says to Sooyoung. Sooyoung sticks her tongue out to Yoona and sits down at the dining table. Yoona follows what Sooyoung did.

“You two have no shame, Taeyeon is cooking me dinner, not for the two of you” Jessica says and sits across the two girls.

After the chaotic dinner with the three of them fighting over the last piece of meat, I rest myself on Jessica’s bed. She comes from the bathroom with her robe and sits next to me on the bed.

“Thank you for the food, baby. I miss Korean foods so much” she says and hunch down and kisses my forehead. I love it when she does little things like that. I abruptly sit from my position and hug her from behind, putting my chin on her shoulder.

“I’m going to your university tomorrow to register” I say and kiss her shoulder. “Can you accompany me?”

Jessica turns around and meets my face. “Okay, but I’m busy tomorrow” she pauses “but I’ll go there with you and then you go home by yourself, yes?”

Honestly, I’m disappointed. I thought maybe she would join me going for a campus tour or something, but since she is going to be busy, there’s nothing I can do. I sigh quietly and fall back on the bed. Jessica sighs and lies next to me.

“I told you not to come, right?” she takes my hand. “You said you want to learn English more with the short course, but if you’re expecting me to accompany you from morning to midnight for this coming three months, I’m telling you I can’t” she turns around to face me, I close my eyes. “We focus on our studies okay? And if we have time, we hang out, yes Taeyeon?” she sounds cheerful, maybe she can feel how disappointed I am right now. I open my eyes and hug her.

“So, did you find any house?”

I pull away from her hearing that, I’m shocked. “House?” I ask, confused. Of course I’m confuse with the question, house? What house? I’m not here to find a house, I’m here to study, well not to study, I’m here to plan on proposing her.

“Yeah, you’re not planning to stay here, right? I mean, this place is crowded with the three of us, and plus, the landlord only allows three people staying here” Jessica says.

Wait, what? Stupid landlord, where are you? I’m going to kill you right now. Oh my God how am I going to plan everything perfectly for the best wedding proposal ever in the history of wedding proposal if I’m not staying here with her!

“Find a place to stay tomorrow okay? Let’s just enjoy tonight” Jessica says and rubs my back when we hug again.

This is pain, this is all pain. I hope it’s not going to ruin my plan. Now I have to find a place to stay, I hope there are places near Jessica’s apartment, I hope…sigh. I’m nothing but hoping right now.