Let's Face It

I'm His Baby's Mama

Naeun walked to the elevator and took a deep breath, trying to see how she should break it to Myungsoo that she's pregnant. Again.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down first.

 

"Yah, are you ok?" Myungsoo's voice spoke as the elevator opened. She widened her eyes and shot a look at him. "O-oh, I'm fine." She said then walked out.

"You're here early." He told her. She gave him a corner smile and looked down. "I'm just... I just wanted to see you." She said then walked off towards his office.

 

"Oh, sister-in-law, you're here?" Woohyun said as Naeun passed by his desk that was outside of Myungsoo's. "Hey," she said then walked inside.

 

Myungsoo walked by and looked at Woohyun who had his eyes widened.

 

"What's wrong?" Woohyun mouthed. Myungsoo widened his eyes and shrugged his shoulders.

 

He closed the door after him and went to Naeun who was sitting on the couch beside the window.

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked sitting beside her. She looked at him and in her lips, widening her eyes. "Nothing. Are you done yet?" She asked, trying to change the subject. He smiled and shook his head.

"There's still an hour left. I still got some paperworks to fill out." He told her. She nodded with opened.

"Is it ok if I rest here for a bit then?" She asked him. He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'll get you when I'm done." He said then kissed the side of her head, walking back to his desk.

 

Naeun watched as he sat and worked on his papers. She pouted her lips and laid on the couch, putting her hands under her head for cushion.

 

How am I gonna tell him? Should I even tell him? I'm not even sure yet. It was just a free testing. Who knows if it's even true, or not.

But what if it is? Then... I should tell him... but.. I don't know yet, so...

 

Naeun took a deep breath and looked away, thinking to herself silently.

 

"Hey sweetie, is the trip with Woohyun and Chorong still up for this weekend?" Myungsoo asked her. She looked up at him and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Didn't Woohyun and Chorong plan it?" She asked.

"Yah, those two are always like this. Undecided." He said flipping through his papers.

 

"Let's just stay home this weekend. I need to tell you something." She told him silently, looking away. He looked at her and widened his eyes.

"What is it?" He asked. She glanced at him and turned her body the other way, facing the couch. "Just something." She said then closed her eyes and went to sleep.

 

Myungsoo looked at her and started to worry a bit. Naeun has never looked this bothered before. Did he do something wrong?

 

He suddenly thought back to Taemin and widened his eyes.

 

Is she back with Taemin? Has she been talking to him? Is she planning on breaking up with him? Has he not been good to her?

 

"Don't think so much. I'll tell you when it's time." Naeun mumbled, knowing he would've been thinking too much.

Myungsoo looked at her and his lips.

"Well, it's kind of hard not to. When you tell me something, but don't finish it." He told her.

 

Naeun sighed and sat up on the couch.

 

The first time Myungsoo knew she was married, he was so happy. But when the miscarriage happened, everything went downhil.

What if something happens again? She didn't want to make him happy then something bad happen and him having to go through the same thing again.

He really cared for her. But after that happened, his world fell apart. So did hers. But he was so sad.

She didn't want to see him like that.

 

Sighs, why must it happen. Why did we let it happen? I shouldn't have.

 

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

 

"I'm gonna go home and sleep." She told him. He widened his eyes and looked at her.

 

"What's bothering you? Can you tell me, please? How you're acting right now is bothering me." He told her. "Then I'l go away so it won't bother you." She said. He sighed and walked to her.

"Look, just, tell me. I'm here for you. You know that." He said, looking her straight in the eye. Naeun started feeling apologetic.

 

It hasn't even been that long since her last miscarriage. It hasn't even been that long since he hated himself so much for what happened with baby.

What if something bad happens again? She didn't want to put him through that again.

 

"When it's time." Was all she said, as she looked down to grab her purse.

 

"Yah, don't go. We're supposed to go on our date today." He reminded her. She looked at him. "Next time." She said. He held her hand and looked at her.

"Yah, talk to me." He told her again. "No!" She accidentally yelled at him. She froze, realizing what she just did and quickly felt bad.

 

He didn't do anything, but she was thinking too much to the point where she was losing it.

 

Myungsoo released her hand and his sad face started appearing.

 

"O-okay," he said shrugging his shoulders.

 

She felt so bad, tears started appearing in her eyes. She hated it how she tears when she's mad. She was mad at herself. How could she have just yelled at Myungsoo for wanting to be there for her.

 

"I'm sorry." She said walking out the door.

 

She just needed some time alone. Away from Myungsoo. She thought she needed to see him to make her decision firm. But it didn't help. It just made her feel even more apologetic.

 

 

 

 

After an hour or so, Myungsoo came home from work and went into the bedroom, seeing Naeun laying on their bed with the covers on top of her.

He took off his flannel and work pants, leaving him in his white tank and shorts.

He crawled his way on the bed over to her and spooned her smoothly.

 

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" He asked stuffing his head in her neck. Naeun sniffed and wiped her tears away.

She felt so bad for yelling at Myungsoo earlier and on top of that, for not wanting to break the news to him.

 

"Hey, are you crying? Why? What did I do?" He asked looking over at her face. Naeun turned around and stuffed her head in his chest, sobbing silently.

"Naeun-ah," he said confused, but held onto her tightly.

 

"I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier." She mumbled through his chest. He scoffed and closed his eyes, patting her back.

"Yah, are you on your period or something?" He asked her. "No." She replied back.

"Then what's been bothering you?" He asked her. She sniffed and shook her head. He sighed and backed away from her, holding her face in front of his'.

 

"Look. If you're hurt or bothered by something, I need to know. So if we both are hurt or bothered by it, we can go on an eating spree." He joked with a serious face. She scoffed and chuckled a little, wiping away her tears. He helped her wipe them away as well and smiled.

 

"What's wrong sweetie?" He asked her again. She took a deep breath and looked at him.

 

"There's something I need to tell you." She told him. He nodded. "I'm aware of that." He told her. She sniffed and her lips.

 

"I think you're not gonna like it. And I just found out today. But..."

 

"Why won't I like it?" He asked her confused. She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Because you might not be okay with it." She said.

"Well, tell me." He told her. She sighed and wiped her eyes again then sat up on the bed. Myungsoo followed her.

 

"It's okay if you don't want to be with me anymore after this. I will understand." She told him. He scoffed.

"Well, it's not like you're pregnant." He said rolling his eyes. Naeun froze and widened her eyes.

 

Myungsoo looked at her and widened his eyes too.

 

"What?" He asked. He sat there for a while then widened his eyes even bigger. "Yah, are you pregnant?" He asked. She started crying and got off the bed.

 

"It's not like you wanna be with me anymore anyways if I'm pregnant, right?" She said from his statement, then walked towards the bedroom door.

 

"Wait, yah! I didn't mean it like that!" He said grabbing her hand and stopping her.

 

"But you're pregnant? We haven't... done it... right?" He asked trying to think. "The night we got back together. We were sleeping toether at me and Chorong's place." She reminded him.

He thought for a while and gasped then looked at Naeun's stomach.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. But since you said you don't wanna be with me anymore since I'm pregnant, I'll leave." She said.

"Wait a minute," he said sitting at the edge of the bed, pulling Naeun to stand in between his legs, his face in front of her stomach.

 

"There's... there's a baby inside of your stomach?" He mumbled quietly to himself. He rubbed her stomach and looked up at her.

 

"And baby is mine." He told himself with a smile so wide, Naeun teared up even more.

 

"I'm sorry. I-

 

"Why are you sorry? There's a baby inside of you. Our baby. This is a blessing." He told her hugging her stomach. "I was scared that something like last time would happen again. I didn't want to see you go through it again. That's why I didn't wanna tell you." She told him.

Myungsoo scoffed and stood up, facing her.

 

"Naeun-ah, we've been through thick and thin together. We've learned and we've let go and moved on, but the pain we dealt with in the past, is the past. Now is now. And we have a baby." He said with a smile, grabbing onto Naeun's stomach again.

 

"I was unsure, so I took a couple of pregnancy tests. And they all came back positive." She told him. He chuckled and kissed her lips.

 

"I love you. No matter what. You know that?" He told her. She cried and smiled, nodding her head. "I love you too." She replied back, hugging him. He kissed her neck and backed away.

 

"Now I need to go tell mom and dad!!!!" He yelled running off into the living room with his phone in his hand.

 

"I'm gonna be a DADDY!!!!"

 

A/N: Hello everyone! Well, a happy ending so far for them! Myungsoo is so cute, right?

But I hope you all loved this chapter. I know it was a little weak, but I'll do my best to better it!

I won't be able to update this weekend, because I'm gonna be having a family gathering,

so I'll update on Monday, ok? Please be patient until then!