History 103

My Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO-K is a group of six close-knit friends. The members are composed of the dashing Suho, the leader and the other members-the romantic at heart Chanyeol, chef wannabe D.O, the charming Baekhyun, the friendly Kai and the shy-type Sehun.

These six lads had known each other for more than half of their lives. They finished their high school in one of the most prestigious and exclusive International school in Singapore. And because they found something common among themselves-that being a Korean national in a foreign country, they formed friendship and alliance. And as time went by they discovered their love for music, dancing and arts. They were also famous in their school because they were always visible when it comes to school activities and programs. They have won girls’ hearts and had made them swoon with those be dimpled cheeks. Girls loved to love them and the boys loved to hate them for taking their girls away from them. But hey, they can’t blame EXO-K boys because aside from their charm, their riches and resources are vast. Being the sons of South Korean diplomats, media moguls and tycoons, and heirs to billion dollar investment firms, these boys are rich enough to feed a city or maybe even a nations’ population. One could say that they were living a glorious and luxurious life. And what more could they ask for when everything had been provided to them by their wealthy parents? Everything except for their parents’ attention.

So they try to look for that attention in other people. Every time they would perform in front of an audience, they somewhat feel the attention that they needed. And having grown with more nannies around, rather than with their parents, they were often left to fend for themselves when it comes to family’s moral support. Their parents had misgivings when it comes to devoting time for them so they were also quite misguided when it comes to their way of socializing and dealing with other people. The boys had their share of misadventures which often lead them into fights and bouts with other group of boys, which then lead to being called into the school head’s office for sanctions.

But they did not grow up feeling sorry for themselves. They had fun running their lives and being carefree while they were still in school because they knew that when they graduate from school, a big responsibility awaits them. And just like in the song, they want to live while they’re young.

And so when they hit college, they were over the moon. They were excited to be back to their home country and eager to feel the college vibes. The six of them decided to enroll in the same school because they wanted to spend more time with each other before they embark on a more serious life-that is taking over the businesses and political affairs of their family. Although they took different majors, they have subjects with the same schedules. But who needs it anyway, when they can just slack around and be handed with the diploma just like the rest of the rich guys in that institution. They don’t even have to attend the class or pass the subject, they just have to be there and hand over their tuition fee and the diploma will be waiting for them. And that’s what money, power and prestige could do.

But the EXO-K wanted to live with dignity. They may be just boys but they wanted to be treated as men. But still, boys will be boys.

 

 

When the people around them started to move to the sides and paved the way for them, the EXO-K stood and walked proudly with their heads up. They were so confident with themselves that they did not notice they were approaching Dara and the boys of BB and Suju. When seconds later, they realized that their seniors were there, the boys quickly bowed their head and showed respect to their sunbaes.

“Annyeong haseyo, sunbaenim. We are the EXO-K and we are glad to see you”

“I’m Suho”

“My name’s Chanyeol”

“I’m D.O”

“I’m Baekhyun”

“Please call me Kai”

“My name’s Sehun”

“And we are EXO-K”

Suju and BB also nod in response to their juniors. The two groups could not help but threw glances to the young boys. They already have their share of fan girls considering they were only freshmen. Could they be considered as a threat not just with the campus girls’ admiration but also for Dara’s attention?

Because of Dara’s small stature, it was quite difficult to spot her in crowd. But because she was the only girl within the vicinity of Suju and BB, Chanyeol realized that it was Dara. Dara, who was the girl of his dreams, the girl whose pictures were all over his phone and the girl he wanted to marry someday.

“Ommo. Ommo.” Chanyeol quipped and immediately approached Dara.

“Annyeong haseyo  Dara noona” he greeted her and was smiling from ear to ear. The rest of the EXO-K boys also chimed and greeted her with their sweetest smile.

Dara also reciprocated them with her angelic smile and the EXO-K’s hearts melted right away.

“Ahw.. Dara noona is not just full of aegyo but she really is beautiful. From now on I’ll call her my Angel” Chanyeol thought to himself. If only he could bring himself to call her with that sweet name, maybe he could now be in heaven”

“Annyeong haseyo . I’m glad I’ve seen you here. So, how’s the first week of school?” Dara asked them.

“We are doing fine, Dara noona. Right guys?” D.O said. And s answered in unison.

“Whoah. What?. Wait. You know already know these guys? Since when?” GD started to get curious.

“Yep. They’re cute,aren’t they? I bet they’re gonna rule this University once we go out in this institution and face the real world. Watcha think? The next Super Junior or the next Big Bang?” Dara love teasing all these boys.

Suju members faked a cough while the Big

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter