History 102

My Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara quickly stood in between the two groups. She was immediately greeted by the boys of Big Bang.

“Hey, gorgeous! How are you?” GD, the leader spoke and kissed her on the cheek.

GD was the closest to her among the boys of BB and Suju. They have been best friends since they were kids and since when they can remember. Their parents were business partners and so when there were parties and gatherings, be it a business or private affairs, each of the families were present. Their first encounter was when Dara was six years old while GD was five. Their nannies had them accompanied to amusement parks to keep them busy while their parents were transacting business deals. Dara’s brothers were not with them during the trip so she felt like she was alone and had no friends. It was her who took the first move and made friends with the quiet and reserved young GD. He seemed to be snobbish and contented to be with just all by his self. And Dara being the happy and carefree kid she was, started to ask him questions about his name, age and the usual questions a kid would ask to her new friend. His answers were rather short and seemed like he avoided further conversations with her so there were dead air on their conversations. But Dara really wanted to be friends with him because she felt that he was a nice kid, even nicer than her older brothers who would always relentlessly. And besides she wanted to have a sibling who was younger than her so that she would somewhat feel older and have that responsibility to look over for him. Before their amusement park tour ended, she gave him a stuffed toy rabbit which he hesitated to accept because he felt like it was a girlish act to keep a stuffed toy. But she forced him to accept it and told him that it was a token of their new found friendship. The young Dara kissed the young GD on his cheek and bid him goodbye. The young GD was flustered and at the same time his heart fluttered. He was five then, yet he felt giddy with the kiss she gave him. From that moment on, they became each other’s best friends. And up until now, the rabbit stuffed toy was still with him, a reminder of her.

But GD turned out to be the opposite of the young GD she first met at the amusement park more than a decade ago. Before, he seemed to be the introvert, shy and quiet type of kid but as the time goes by, there had been a major transition with the kid GD to the adolescent GD to the young adult GD. He started to make more friends and hang out with the boys of BB. His style was quite eccentric yet fashion worthy. He discovered his passion in music and started composing songs when inspiration kicked in. He also gained many fan girls and followers in and outside of The University. He earned the name heartbreaker because he was not gentle when it comes to breaking the girls’ hearts-the girls who had thrown themselves at him and the girls who made bold confessions and proposals to him. He was thankful for the admiration but he did not want the girls to be hopeful with their chances at him especially when he was not interested with them. Though he had not been into a serious relationship, he had quite a string of flings here and there. He was afraid of commitments and investing time with the wrong girl. It seemed like he learned his lesson from previous experience. Or didn’t he?

 

 

 

Dara immediately hugged GD and pinched his cheek afterwards.

“So, who’s the lucky flavor of the month?” Dara asked him referring to the new girl he was dating.

“You of course. You’re my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter