Game On

Love Therapy

 

Jae Yul POV

"Kim Jonghyun, you say? What's up with him?" I questioned, my gaze fixated on Yoon Ji.

"He's been depressed lately," Yoon Ji stated simply. "Reason unknown."

Guess the celebrity life is never smooth.

"It's hard to imagine," I murmured, recalling how happy and contented he seemed on the clips Hwa Sun always showed me. Not that I've actually seen him much. "Have you got a report?"

She nodded and flung a brown folder to me. It landed flat on my desk.

The word 'important' was bolded in huge letters on it.

"Goodness, is Hwa Sun late again?! I better call her now," Yoon Ji growled out of the blue, visibly annoyed.

I shook my head sympathetically as she sent herself out and then focused on reading the report.

The handwriting was inconsistent throughout, like different people had written it together.

 

Patient: Kim Jonghyun (21)

Report by: Lee Jinki, Kim Kibum, Choi Minho, Lee Taemin, Gyeong Shik (manager)

Description (prior to condition):

Dedicated, friendly and handsome.

Loud. Annoying. Crazy. Flirt. Talkative.

He is lively, outgoing and smart. Although he seems nonchalant, he is very hardworking and has a strong passion for singing.

He's too loud sometimes and it's embarrassing. Dislikes his short height.

Jonghyun is the lead vocalist of SHINee and has always been serious towards his job. His interests include singing, Mandarin, playing the piano, watching movies and song writing. He is an intelligent kid who knows what he should say or do at the right times. However, he is emotional and may be rash in certain situations.

 

...

Moving on…

 

Description (condition):

Quiet, moody and strange.

Sad. Depressed. Ignores our presence. Refuses to speak audibly. Not interested in doing anything. Looks like he's going to die any second.

He has been in a state of self-despair for more than a week. He coops himself up in the room and hardly exchanges words with any of us. When he does come out of his room, he walks one round around our dorm then returns to his room quietly.

It's like we speak different languages. His alien-like behaviour scares everyone.

Jonghyun has ceased his SHINee activities for more than a week. On 11 May 2011, we discovered that he was not his usual self and that's when we started to detect a problem. Thus, I told him to rest at home, hoping that he would be fine after a good rest. Yet, his strange behaviour persisted. He continues to break off contact with all other beings except himself. That was when I contacted the company for further actions who then decided to enlist the services of a professional.

 

Alrighty. Seems to be another case of major depression.

Just then, the door burst open and in came an agitated and hyperventilating Moon Hwa Sun, the receptionist of this clinic. Also known as, my best friend since high school.

She plonked herself down on the nearest orange beanbag chair and fanned herself repeatedly, not saying a word. The only sound that could be heard was her unstable breathing from spazzing, as she calls it.

"Is he really coming?"

"Who?" I replied nonchalantly, flipping through a random book on the table.

"Kim Jonghyun, damnit," she enunciated exasperatedly in her high-pitched, girly voice.

"Ohhh," I drawled a second longer than normal then paused. "Yeah."

I took a peek at her facial expression. Her eyes were twinkling brighter than the times she spotted celebrity lookalikes on the streets.

"Yes! Oh my god! He really is coming! I'm so happy I didn't decide to quit this hellish job last month!"

"Quit?" I raised an eyebrow, not that she heard or noticed.

"Wait." She stopped hopping up and down like a mad bunny as realisation dawned on her. "I shouldn't be happy that he's cominghere."

"Exactly," I mumbled to myself while taking out a new patient case file to study.

"Oh no, what's happened to my hubby?" she wailed, grabbing a cloth doll beside her that was meant to pacify little children and started squeezing the life out of it. "What is wrong with him?"

"Well," I started, preparing to launch into another explanation. "I reckon he's only got major depression from the information given in the report. It's nothing really big though, since it's the most common form of depression, so rest assured. Lots of people get it but probably don't get it officially treated. Sometimes, it may worsen and branch into other forms of depression like psychotic or manic depression. But that probably won't happen because that's why I'm here, and that's why he's going to be here," I clarified in a professional monotone, putting a stop to my justification of the situation.

I didn't even have to glance in her direction to know that she was faking a humongous yawn.

"I'll send myself out now, mighty doctor, saviour of mankind." Hwa Sun stood up and brushed imaginary dust off her clothes. She marched exaggeratedly towards the door.

"And send Park Chae Soo in when she's here!" I called loudly, rolling my eyes at her childishness.

Just as I finished my last word, Hwa Sun poked her head in. "Unnie says that Jonghyun is coming tomorrow. She scheduled him as your last patient to avoid other people seeing him. You okay with that right? You better be." She smirked gleefully, daring me to say no.

Of course I wouldn't.

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" I turned the corners of my mouth up, faking a sweet smile.

I waved my hand dismissively, beckoning Hwa Sun to get back to work. Half a minute passed and she disappeared behind the door.

Girl does not know me too well.

I'm always game on.

 


 

[x_T-AE's Everlasting World]

Another boring one, lol. Hopefully the next chapter when Jjong appears will be more interesting. Yeah, hopefully.

I know the story's going kinda slow atm, but just wanted to introduce the characters who will eventually play a bigger role in the story.

I apologise too, for not updating. I didn't actually know there were people waiting for this until I saw BabySeobbie's comment. School has started for me recently. Furthermore, I was HOOKED onto Secret Garden.

Lol to sidetrack a bit... SECRET GARDEN IS ING AWESOME <3 BEST DRAMA. I'm watched it again immediately after I finished ><.

As usual, I LOVE YOU FOR READING MY STORY.

 

♪ Listening to: Close ur Mouth - M&D ♪

 

THANKS TO:

BabySeobbie l Sleepybaby116 l rhaineyniesta l LilacFairy-Chu l ieatrexandace l autumnflames l theblackcat1236 l kalleninlove l youandme24 l SMzShawol