Official Beginning, Unofficial End

Love Therapy

Jae Yul POV

The next day passed extra slowly with mixed feelings choking up the entire workplace.

Yoon Ji made a trip down here again to make sure things went smoothly. At every chance she got, she warned me to do it right and not ruin our reputation. She was jittery and insecure the whole time and I had to reassure her again and again that I'd do my absolute best.

Not that I've never.

Hwa Sun seemed normal enough, for she was bright and chirpy. She whispered 'hwaitings' of encouragement to me and seemed relaxed as usual.

Except that she was wearing her favourite white cap-sleeved cocktail dress.

As for Snarky-Arrogant-Jerk, he was definitely more of an than ever. Making snide remarks and doubting my ability was one thing. Indirectly cursing the end of my career was another.

But that's alright because I'll show him that I'm the most deserving one to be chosen by SM Entertainment. Soon.

After seeing my last patient before Kim Jonghyun, I did a last check in the full-length mirror I had placed in my office to make sure that I looked presentable.

First impressions totally count.

My dark brown hair was piled into a messy bun that was the trend nowadays and my most used hairstyle. Besides saving time, it also gives off a messy-yet-neat, or messily neat vibe.

After checking my appearance, I looked up at the clock again. It was five minutes more to 4.30pm so I reckon that I should be out earlier to 'welcome' the guests.

I smiled at my twin in the mirror for the last time and strode out.

 

* * * * *

 

"Hello, I'm Kim Kibum. But call me Key. Nice to meet you."

I stared at the cat-eyed boy in front of me who bowed perfectly. He certainly doesn't think it's nice meeting me.

"Lee Taemin." The other younger guy with fiery red-coloured hair nodded slowly with uncertainty as he fidgeted with the sunglasses and cap in his hands, refusing to meet my eye.

I noticed Key shooting a glare towards Taemin.

"And uh, this is… Kim Jonghyun," Key finally said.

There was no response from the one guy standing in the middle. Honestly, there wasn't even any sign of life from him.

The trio had been wearing caps and shades before walking into the office hurriedly, and while two of them had removed them, the other hadn't.

An awkward silence fell and I started to realise that I was the only one who haven't introduced myself.

"Oh, I'm Hwang Jae Yul. Nice to meet all of you too," I quickly filled in, a practiced smile drawing itself out on my face.

That was when I felt a hard jab at my ribs.

"Ow… kay. Let's not waste any time with the introductions. Shall we start?" I clapped my hands once and lingered, waiting for some positive reaction.

Key and Taemin looked at Jonghyun then at each other simultaneously.

They were exchanging words with their eyes and making tiny, timid nods at each other.

"Hey, feel free to voice your opinions," Hwa Sun called hopefully from behind the reception counter.

She always manages to make plain strangers feel at ease. That's her special power, in fact.

Key was the one to speak up first thereafter, but not without sending laser beams to every single one of us. "We can trust your professionalism, right? You will keep all… this secret, right?"

Though I felt a teeny bit offended, their celebrity statuses are reason enough to question us.

"Of course we will!" I confidently proclaimed, placing my right hand to my chest. Surprisingly, my voice was nearly completely drowned out by Yoon Ji, Hwa Sun and Snarky-Arrogant-Jerk's identical answers.

I mentally sniggered at this because we've never been so united before. Not even once. We're not even acting in a drama.

Their doubtful expressions quickly turned neutral again.

"We'll leave Jonghyun to you guys then. We have to leave now for our schedule…our manager will come up later in two hours. Please take care of him." Key and Taemin slowly backed towards the door, bowing repeatedly. The duo then pushed through the glass doors and soon, they were out of sight.

Umm.

"Alright! Into the therapy room then?" Yoon Ji chirped brightly, guiding Jonghyun to my office by pushing his back lightly.

I followed behind and before going in, I made a subtle nod to the boss and smiled reassuringly with a thumb up.

"Sit here," I gestured to the chair opposite my seat, heading behind my desk myself.

A tense silence hung in the air while I waited for him to settle down. He was somewhat uncertainly observing the room while awkwardly standing by the door, and I still couldn't really see his face.

I smiled. "It's alright. I don't bite."

Not unless I have to, that is.

But it seemed to work for a second and Jonghyun very slowly made his way towards me, dragging the chair out and sitting on it soundlessly.

"You're having eating and sleeping problems lately, huh?" I tried sympathetically, "Me too."

For a split second he raised an eyebrow and started nodding hesitantly.

Strange. Normally – oh well. There are always exceptions.

"So," I started again, "You must enjoy singing and dancing a lot, being a celebrity. Have anything that you're dying to share? For example, something you hate about your job?"

"Screaming fans? Annoying paparazzi? Intolerable associates?"

"It's kind of pathetic talking to myself, you know. Why won't you say anything?"

And I reached over and pulled his cap and shades off.

A look of annoyance crossed his face and lingered there.

He opened his mouth to speak.

"Look, Miss Psychiatrist. I'm not crazy. I don't need any treatment, or like that. I'm perfectly fine."

He looked straight at me seriously. Surprise must be etched on my features.

Then I laughed heartily and slowly spoke.

"Yeah, I get it. You're not. So what on earth are you doing here, Kim Jonghyun?"

 


                             

 

[x_T-AE's Everlasting World]

 

1) I don't learn psychology and stuff, so I seriously don't have any idea what goes on. Googled but got nothing. Bleh ._.

2) The ending seems sudden and weird but I'll explain why Jonghyun ''confessed'' in the next chapter.

3) Have you guys watched the Disney channel original movie, Starstruck? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT AFTER WATCHING IT AT THE SLEEPOVER <3 Hero is a nice song! And I hope there'll be a sequel~ Recommend me more teenage romance movies haha! Especially the type where a superstar falls for an ordinary girl (cliche much, but I love them. don't judge.)                             

50 SUBSCRIBERS. THANK YOU AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU READERS.

   

THANKS TO:

Okurah l ESHAmax l krystalynn l kislove l shantrice02 l tinyboom l Kamile112 l deep_into_keykibum27 l Elaineonew l shyrinz l --ethereal l shockinggreen l AvyA7X l supershinee l vickycupcakey l keyforever l gummybeartakeover l MaxSeoul l 143kpop l
 AnnyBananiex3 l babysach l Shizine19 l Moony_Kat l SHINeeTime