One in a Million

Love Therapy

Jae Yul POV

I casually strolled into the office at 8.50 A.M. sharp with a paper cup filled with piping hot caramel hot chocolate in hand. Not forgetting my bag of essentials in the other.

A normal, peaceful morning. As usual.

The place was super quiet since nobody had arrived yet. At least, I was pretty positive about that.

Just as I was about to go into my office, the scattered magazines on the coffee table meant for visitors caught my eye.

Frowning, I walked over and began to arrange them into a neat stack.

"Aish," I muttered to myself, "That Hwa Sun is going to get in trouble again if the boss decides to pay us a visit."

After checking that the area was clean, I walked along the narrow corridor to meet with two doors on either side. A white rectangular tag with the words 'Jung Jin Ho' on it was stuck to the door on the left side. Otherwise, the office of the one known as Mr Snarky-Arrogant-Jerk, as Hwa Sun and I call him. The door on the right side leads to my office. 'Hwang Jae Yul' was proudly inscribed on the same white tag.

I put my cup of hot chocolate down on the floor while I searched for the key in my bag. The door was unlocked a second after I inserted the shiny metallic object into the keyhole.

As I turned the doorknob, an unknown force suddenly jerked the door open and I was pulled forward harshly. I released a piercing scream due to the shock from the sudden motion.

As I came face to face with a familiar face, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Omo," I said heavily, "You really scared me."

I avoided her gaze while attempting to calm my soul as I turned to pick up my hot chocolate from the ground.

Luckily I decided to put it down earlier.

She started guffawing loudly. "I can tell that I definitely did by that look on your face! Your eyes were widened abnormally! And you...you actually screamed!"

She was getting breathless while laughing and talking at the same time.

I secretly rolled my eyes as I headed towards my desk, placing the fully filled cup and my bag on it.

"Why are you here today, boss?" I asked sceptically as I settled onto my black padded leather chair.

"Hey girl, call me Yoon Ji unnie," she said seriously. "Anyway..." She reached for the television remote control and switched the television on.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hwang Jae Yul imnida." I saw myself bowing 90 degrees.

I kept silent for a while watching myself talk about depression with KBS News Time.

"I know what I said in the interview, why are you showing it to me?" I enquired, still unsure of my boss' motive.

She pouted, resting her head on her palm. "When is this ending?" she asked back in a singsong voice.

Thanks, boss. Can't believe you're twice my age with two kids already.

But then again, why is she even here, this early in the morning?

We waited for ten more minutes before the short clip of yours truly ended. Finally.

"It's on, it's on!" she squealed excitedly and pointed to the screen.

I looked at the clock before glancing at the screen uninterestedly.

In the screen, four relatively young guys sat side by side, with a middle-aged one sitting at the end.

The older guy started speaking in a solemn tone.

"Unfortunately, our lead vocalist Jonghyun is not feeling very well now. He will not be taking part in any SHINee activities for the next three months or so. Instead, he will be resting until he is fit enough to continue his duties as a SHINee member. Please give him space and look forward to his comeback. Thank you."

Okay...

"What has that got to do with us?" I asked the million dollar question.

Yoon Ji grabbed the remote control and switched the television off.

"Because, my dear, Kim Jonghyun has an illness that his company has left for us to cure. Or more specifically, you."

 


 

[x_T-AE's Everlasting World]

Thank youuuu for subscribing AND commenting! You know who you are (:

I 'shamelessly' advertised to all the right people. Yeah, all of you gave nice comments! I appreciate it and mean it.

This chapter is a boring one I guess D; But I need the introduction set on the right track first. No, Jonghyun will not appear in the next chapter. And the title is weird -.- I just randomly wrote it out. The title for chapter 1 and 2 combined was supposed to be 'And so the Game Begins', FYI.

By the way, did you guys hear? JONGHYUN EFFING BROKE UP WITH SHIN SEKYUNG I'm shocked but somewhat glad, don't bash me.

Now I don't know whether I should continue using Shin Sekyung as THE girl. :/

 

THANKS TO:

Cute_Kpop_Lover l pinkmonster l KiiDOL l ShineeShawol_34 l Umi-ka l Patzmelody01 l DontBlameMe l RippledOcean l Mina_Loves_Music l ChanHee l Lillievil