Pretence

Love Therapy

Jonghyun POV

"Hyung, a-are you s-sure you should d-do that?" Taemin stammered with his eyes wide open as he momentarily stopped chomping on his ice-cream to give me an incredulous look.

I chuckled, thrilled that I had found a solution to my problem with the help of our maknae.

"We should do that," I emphasised.

"Do not get me involved!" he cut in immediately. "And...what if the others find out?" His face turned a darker shade of red with each word.

I sidled up to Taemin on the couch and used the most sincere tone I could. "Please Taemin-ah, I can't do without you. You have to keep this a secret from them. We're already in this together, arasso?"

Taemin narrowed his eyes suspiciously, holding his cone in a way that appeared like he wanted to smash it into my face. After a second, he took another bite off his ice-cream and nodded.

"I knew you would come round!"

I leaned back in satisfaction.

Good.

Now the most important thing is to keep up with the pretence for as long as I can.

 

* * * * *

 

"Is he still acting weirdly?"

I stopped tapping on my laptop keys and my ears perked up as soon as I heard Onew's voice outside my room.

"Yeah," Minho replied with a frustrated sigh. "It's been a week already."

"Shh! Not so loud, he can hear you!" Key's sharp voice pierced through the muffled silence.

They argued incomprehensibly for a few minutes.

Then, the sound of footsteps approached and a series of soft knocks followed.

I hurriedly slammed the laptop cover shut and jumped onto my bed, turning such that my back faced the door.

"Jjong? Can I come in?" Key called.

After a minute of silence, the door slowly creaked open.

He sat down on the bed facing me.

"Hey," he said softly. "What's wrong?"

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath in, but remained silent.

"You always worry us a lot, Jjong. A lot," he remarked distraughtly.

Guilt stabbed me and I felt uneasy all over. I didn't think they cared so much.

Sorry Kibum, I whispered wistfully. It wasn't meant for him to hear but he caught it anyway.

"It's alright Jonghyun-ah, you'll be fine in no time. I'll make sure of that."

I half-opened my eyes to see him with a distant smile on his face.

Key then crossed the room and finally exited, shutting the door behind him. I waited for his footsteps to fade before I released the breath I was holding.

Phew.

I propped myself up from my bed and groaned mentally, thinking back to what Key just said.

God, this thing is hard.

It had better be worth it.

 


 

[x_T-AE's Everlasting World]

Thanks SO much for subscribing everyone! I really, really, really appreciate it! <3

I know this chapter is short D: but before you kill me, let me explain.

There were initially 2 parts in chapter 1, Jonghyun's POV and Jae Yul's POV. However, since there were 2 POVs I decided to split this into 2 separate chapters. This first chapter will be the shortest chapter, cause next chapter is slightly longer, and the 3rd chapter onwards will be at least twice this length.

And yup, enjoy this cause there won't be a Jonghyun POV in the near future.

 

Do this poll! It's important :O

 

          

THANKS TO:

placebograce l Yeorin l Triple-Key l RayGasan l Tiffanyseng_SHAWOL l jecka008 l Legende l maknaelove l b2utyfulshawol l amulet7980 l nvs911 l sweetdubu l jimmyme