001

Run With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was dark, and he was running. They chased him into the woods, his own wounds slowing him down. He spotted a fallen tree and ran towards it, climbing to the other side and dropping on the ground, breathing hard. Voices yelling could be heard from a distance.

“Find him! That worthless piece of is dead!”

Hidden, he felt like something was staring at him from the shadows. He looked around, but couldn’t see anything. Footsteps neared his hiding place and he held his breath.

“I swore he ran in this direction.” He closed his eyes tightly, hoping they would go away. Suddenly, a snarling sound from beside him could be heard. The boys on the others side of the fallen tree jumped at the sound.

“What the hell was that?”

“I don’t know, but I’m not going to stay here any longer. Forget it; he’s probably dying from blood loss anyway.”

“Let’s get out of here.” The sound of people running could be heard until only silence surrounded him. He slowly sat up and gasped in pain when he accidently hit his wound. The same snarling sound was heard again and his head snapped up.

Something moved in the shadows, and soon, he could see something emerging out from it. It was a black wolf, a big one. The wolf sniffed, smelling the boy’s scent of blood in the air.

He backed up against the tree, holding onto his bleeding arm. The wolf approached him slowly, its tail moving from side to side as it got closer. The wolf stopped just in front of him. He stared at the wolf for a second, feeling like he’s seen it somewhere before, and then it him.

The 15 year old boy lowered his hands towards the wolf’s leg. The wolf snarled and the boy froze.

“I won’t hurt you.” He paused for a second before continuing, moving his hands closer. With one pull, he pulled the metal bars apart, freeing the wolf’s leg. It stared at him for a second, sniffing the air, before it turned around and ran deeper into the woods.

He watched until the wolf disappeared then grunted, falling onto his knees as blood soaked through his sleeve. He was knifed after school again. That’s what happens when you’re an orphan and poor.

The wolf sniffed the air again, the familiar scent passing through its nose. It’s him. He stared the wolf in the eyes, inhaling and exhaling slowly. The wolf opened its large jaws and he closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the end to come, but it never did. He peeked through one eye, watching as the wolf bit the bottom of his shirt, pulling him.

Slowly and painfully, he stood up. It let go of his shirt and nodded its head towards the dark

woods.

“What? You want me to follow you?” He said, breathless. As if the wolf understood, it nodded once then turned. The wolf led him through the dark woods as he followed it, the only light coming from the moon. When they finally stopped, he looked in front of him in surprise. He was in his back yard. He turned to face the wolf and carefully knelt down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter