Try

A Pieced Together Family

   Jinki is seated alone at a cafe. The lower part of his face is covered by a mask, his hair completely covered by a hat and a pair of cheap black sunglasses cover his eyes. The clothes he wears blends in well with the cafe goers. He is soon joined by Changsun, wearing similar clothing, his hair and face well hid.

    “What took you so long?” asks Jinki jokingly.

    “Had a recording session today,” says Changsun. Jinki nods sympathetically, he hands Changsun a warm cup of coffee.

    “So, what did you want to tell me?” asks Changsun.

    “I don’t think this will work anymore,” says Jinki softly.

    “This?”

    “The fact we meet up behind our members back.”

    “They don’t need to know everything.”

    “I don’t like it, the fact that it seems we are sneaking around.”

    “We’re just meeting up and chatting like friends. Why should the members need to know when we meet?”

    “Are we really just chatting, do you consider casual chatting?” Changsun falls silent at those words. “Tell the maknae who you were having with behind his back. Tell him why, tell him everything.”

    “Why should I?”

    “It should offer both of you closure.”

    “Will you tell Taemin?”

    “I will if you promise to tell Mir.”

    “This will ruin any possibility of rekindling a relationship with Cheolyong.”

    “Do you want to rekindle an old flame?”

    “I don’t know.”

    “Think about it, you don’t have to. But I feel like I need to come clean and that includes no longer sneaking around to have . If we are, it better be up front and you can’t be running away either.”

    “This sounds like you want to get serious.”

    “No, I’d rather not.”

    “Then why do you want us to be upfront about it with the members?”

    “I’m tired of hiding and honestly I don’t feel like having casual with one of my best friends anymore.”

    “Jinki, I don’t know what to say.”

    “Then don’t say anything, I want this casual fling to end now.”

    “You can’t cut off my emotional support like that hyung!”

    “Sorry, you can come to me to talk but not for anything physical.”

    “I can’t—“

    “Learn to break habits Joon, it’ll do you well.”

    “Jinki please, just let me have you as a support.” Jinki’s eyes soften at the man’s words, causing Changsun to light up with hope.

    “I’m sorry, I can’t enable you anymore Changsun. Please go see that therapist.”

    Changsun’s face falls, “Fine, I understand.”

    “Drink your coffee and then I’ll drive you home, its getting late.”

    “You didn’t used to care,” mumbles Changsun softly.

    “Hm?”

    “Nothing.”

    Jinki sighs to himself, “I promised Taemin I would get home before his favorite show started.”

    “Of course you did.”

    “Don’t be bitter Changsun.”

    “I’m not.”

    “I’m trying to rebuild a bridge that I had burned away.”

    “Why do you try so hard?”

    “I’m sick of running. That’s our problem, running away from our problems and watching the aftermath; so I’m trying to solve it.”

    “Good for you.”

    “It wouldn’t hurt to try.”

    “Like I said before my members don’t exactly want to piece our group back together.”

    “If you don’t try you’ll never know.”

    “I wish someone else would try to rebuild the bridges.”

    “Life doesn’t work that way, if you want something to walk on, you have to make it yourself.”

    “Since when have you become so wise,” says Changsun a smile showing through his mask.

    “Since reality slapped me in the face.”

    “Well I’m glad you’ve got your life together.”

    “Time to get yours, lets go, I’ll drive you back. Promise me you’ll attempt to fix things between you and Mir.”

    “Whatever you say Jinki. He’ll probably reject me again.”

    “Keep trying, hold your head up and keep moving forward.”

    “Its hard.”

    “I know it is.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Its been so long, I'm so sorry. I've been trying to focus more on myself recently. As a writer, a student, a person in general. I'm not dead, I'm just not writing fanfiction as much, I'm still writing. So don't worry my creative juices are still flowing strong, I just haven't been focused as much on writing fandom works. There are a bunch of reasons that fanfiction isn't my main focus in writing. MBLAQ's situation is a reason, something that affects the way I write about everything. Even though it is summer I may not update as much, I'm not gone and am still writing. Just know I still will update this story just less frequently. This story is still my baby.

Karenkitty1092: If I told you it would spoil the story ;)