Conversations

A Pieced Together Family

    Byunghee was completely and utterly screwed. He was very much screwed, he wasn’t supposed to consume alcohol, it would damage his vocal cords, and also his family had a bad history with alcohol. Yet, he found himself drawn to the bottle, and the sweet relief it would provide him.

    The door to the spare bedroom, where had locked himself so he wouldn’t be discovered was forced open. He cursed the useless door and tried to hide the alcohol, he was much too intoxicated for his actions to do much, it ended up spilling. “Babe, can we talk?” asks Seungho not peeking his head inside, almost as if ignoring what Byunghee was currently doing.

    “Seungho, I don’t want to talk right now,” says Byunghee, the words coming out slowly, and slightly slurred. Byunghee mentally curses at his inability to talk.

    “Honey, I won’t talk about your drinking habits, I just want to talk. I’ll be in our room, please just clean up and come to talk to me,” says Seungho, pleading slightly, the leader stays by the door, obscuring his view of the drunken man. “I’ll make some soup for you and get some hangover medicine too,” says Seungho, he walks away.

    “,” swears Byunghee, running his hands through his hair. He gets up, the room spinning slightly. He cleans up his mess, slowly and makes his way to the shower to clean himself off. The sound of Seungho happily singing sends a pang through his heart, his mind slowly starting to clear.

    He makes his way to their shared bedroom, plopping his body unceremoniously onto the bed. Seungho enters, gives the medicine and soup to Byunghee. The older man joins him in the bed, and brings the younger man in for cuddles. “Babe, Cheolyong has been worrying me recently,” says Suengho.

    Byunghee rolls his eyes at the leader’s comment, “Of course your worried, you haven’t given up yet have you?” asks Byunghee bitterly.

    “Byunghee, it isn’t about that right now,” says Seungho.

    “When is it not about the maknae, Seungho?” says Byunghee angrily, causing the soup to spill on his hands. Byunghee hisses in pain, Seungho quickly grabs a napkin, removes the soup from Byunghee’s hand, and wipes off the spilled soup. Seungho kisses the burned area, “Is that better babe?”

    “Its fine Seungho,” says Byunghee, “what about the maknae?”

    Seungho sighs and pecks the man’s lips, “His depression seems to be resurfacing and he’s having even odder tendencies. I feel like the thing going on between him and Changsun just got five times worse. Babe, I think he's pregnant.”

    “How do you know that?” asks Byunghee.

    “I overheard the younger ones having an argument, and Cheolyong dropped the tests, they were positive Byunghee,” says Seungho, lowering his voice.

    “We have to love him like parents then,” says Byunghee, “put those emotions away for once and for all Seungho. Our relationship won’t last like this, and it will only ruin the maknae more if you continue to be confused.”

    “Byunghee, I’m trying so hard,” Seungho starts to cry, Byunghee brings the elder man in, a look of guilt crosses his face, he had forgotten that it was also hard on the leader to deal with these unwarranted emotions.

    “Panda, panda look at me please,” says Byunghee, Seungho looks up, tears falling down his face, Byunghee kisses every single tear. “I’m sorry that I’ve been unfair, I know that its hard for you,” says Byunghee. 

    Seungho sniffles, and buries himself into Byunghee’s chest, “Let me forget about my responsibilities as a leader for one night Byunghee.”

    “Of course, anything for you Seungho,” says Byunghee, kissing the leader.

______________________________________________________________________________

    Byunghee wakes up, and smiles. He's greeted by the sight of Seungho sleeping peacefully in his arms. The leader had been stressed, and their relationship wasn’t necessarily the best. But they somehow managed to give off an appearance of a perfectly functioning couple, at least they tried, for the band.

    Byunghee snuggles back into the warmth of blankets and Seungho, “Baby I know your up,” says Byunghee.

    Seungho kicks Byunghee, “Go away.”

    Byunghee winces at the kick and gently shakes the leader again, “Wake up Seungho.” 

    He gets greeted with an angry glare from Seungho, “Go away and make breakfast maybe then I’ll get up.” Byunghee chuckles at the leader at gets out of bed, he pulls on a pair of boxers, the pair he was wearing last night long gone, along with the rest of his clothing.

    “I’ll make breakfast, come out when your ready,” says Byunghee. Seungho nods and returns to sleeping. Byunghee rolls his eyes at the leader and goes into the kitchen to whip up breakfast for the rest of the band.

    He is greeted by the sight of an exhausted looking Changsun. “Morning hyung,” Changsun says sleepily.

    “Good morning Changsun, late night?” asks Byunghee with a wink. Changsun just nods his head, causing the “Umma” to worry. “Are you okay?” asks Byunghee.

    “Relapsed a little,” says Changsun, his face suddenly contorting to one of self-disgust, one Byunghee was much too familiar with. “I didn’t mean to fall back on old habits,” Changsun pauses, and puts his head in his arms.

    “I get it Changsun, I’ve been falling back to some really bad habits, its been hard,” says Byunghee as he pulls out ingredients for breakfast from the fridge.

    “You relapsed Changsun?” asks Cheolyong from the doorway.

    “Uh, Cheolyong,” Changsun looks up, he meets eyes with the maknae. The maknae gives the older man a disapproving stare.

    “You said you would work on your bad habits hyung,” reminds Cheolyong.

    “You shouldn’t be one to speak,” snaps Changsun. Cheolyong bites back a retort as Seungho enters the room.

    “Don’t argue before breakfast, or else you’ll be facing double practice, together,” says Seungho.

    “Yes, leader-nim,” the two say respectively. 

    Byunghee giggles as Seungho kisses his neck, “I’m trying to cook panda.”

    “Keep it in your pants hyung,” says Sanghyun as he joins the table. He notices the tension between Changsun and Cheolyong, he sighs and makes his way over to Cheolyong, kissing the younger man good morning. It doesn’t pass his eye that Changsun tightens his jaw slightly, Sanghyun bites back a smirk of satisfaction.

    “That goes for you too Sanghyun,” scolds Seungho. Sanghyun rolls his eyes but nevertheless sits down.

    Byunghee places plates of food in front of all of them, “Eat away your problems brats,” says Byunghee jokingly.

A/N: I'm sorry that I haven't been writing recently, lifes gotten busy, and I've had to do a lot of writing for other classes that kind of forced me out of my creative kick. I hope that this update actually makes sense, my brain isn't quite here right now, granted its quite late. I hope that you enjoyed this chapeter, I've been working on some new stories, so look forward to those.