Him

A Pieced Together Family

    Cheolyong falls to the ground, his legs giving out, holding the plastic stick of horror in his hand he places it next to the 3 other sticks. It was a large mistake that he had made, to believe that he would be safe at anytime in his life. No matter what the doctor had said about the matter. And to even believe that the man he had with would love him, complete bull.

    He was finally trying to get back up on his own two feet without the support of everyone else only to be knocked back down. It was a hurdle that he could have avoided yet his own naivety and foolish trust had come back to hit him on the head.‘How could I have been so ing stupid?’

    Sanghyun knocks on the bathroom door, “Babe you’ve been in there for a long time. How are you doing in there?”

    ‘Fantastic, freaking fantastic! I’m pregnant with my ex-boyfriend’s child, who happens to be our band member who you also still have feelings for Sanghyun!’

    “Doing great using the bathroom Sanghyun, I’ve got something to tell you once I finish,” shouts Cheolyong.

    “If its that you made the bathroom smell horrible, no I do not want to smell it,” says Sanghyun his laughing can be heard through the door.

    “Hey, its something actually important Sanghyun,” says Cheolyong protesting at the baby faced member’s assessment of what he was going to say.

    “Okay, okay babe I’ll wait for you in our room,” says Sanghyun.

    Cheolyong places all the sticks into the box they came in and cautiously opens the door. Making sure that no one would see what was in his hands, only to be greeted face-to-face with Changsun. “Hyung?” asks Cheolyong.

    “Mir I’m sorry-“ Changsun attempts to apologize.

    Cheolyong walks past him tears and anger visible, Changsun pulls him into a back hug trying to get the maknae to come back. “It was a stupid mistake, I promise it will never happen again,” says Changsun.

    “Hyung get your hands off of me, I am not in the mood to hear your excuses,” Cheolyong says his voice dropping.

    “Please, just listen,” says Changsun turning Cheolyong around causing him to drop the boxes with the sticks.

    They splatter on the ground, the various signs of positive evident. “Are those?” Changsun asks. Cheolyong stares at the plastic sticks wishing they could take him away. Taking the lack of an answer as a yes Changsun’s eyes turn cold. “I guess you really did move on,” says Changsun. Changsun walks away before Cheolyong can even think to respond. He falls dejectedly to his knees, slowly gathering the sticks. 

    Sanghyun walks out from their bedroom, the one closest to the bathroom. “I heard Cheolyong-ah,” says Sanghyun. The maknae doesn't respond at all, he just continues to stare at the sticks currently in his hand. Sanghyun kneels down by him, “I want to say everything thats on my mind right now, but Cheolyong I won’t,” he pets the maknae’s head. Cheolyong’s body seems to slump and his eyes almost look lifeless. “Lets go to our room,” suggests Sanghyun, grabbing the sticks from Cheolyong’s hands. He places them in their respective boxes and gestures for Cheolyong to get up. The maknae continues to stare lifelessly, Sanghyun goes into their shared room placing the boxes down and returns to the hallway. He easily hoists the maknae into his arms, his 63kg feel like nothing. He would have to talk to the maknae about his unhealthy diet again.

    “Sanghyun, I hate myself,” says Cheolyong his voice breaking as Sanghyun places him down.

    “I love you Cheolyong,” responds Sanghyun simply. “Its possible to love more than one person Mireu, there isn't anything wrong with that,” says Sanghyun as he deposits Cheolyong onto their bed. “And just because I still have feelings for Changsun doesn't mean that I can’t love you.”

    “He betrayed me,” Chelyoung says. As Sanghyun is about to interject Cheolyong cuts him off, “It’s as simple as that, he betrayed my trust. He drove me to one of the darker periods of my life, do you understand how much the therapy killed me? You want me to still accept that I love him?” Cheolyong’s hands start to tremble, opening and closing as if reaching for something. “Give me the knife Sanghyun.”

    “Cheolyong,” Sanghyun warns, seeing Cheolyong starting to lose himself. “Breathe,” says Sanghyun as Cheolyong starts to hyperventilate. He places the maknae’s hand on his chest and breathes slowly in and out, “Copy me Cheolyong-ah.” Cheolyong slows his breathing gradually to match Sanghyun’s. “Sleep Cheolyong, we can talk about it later,” says Sanghyun laying Cheolyong down.

    “You won’t betray me right?” asks Cheolyong his voice echoing his exhaustion.

    Sanghyun’s heart clenches, “Of course not.” He loved him, he really did, but those stupid things called feelings always got in the way. He had stupidly fell in love with Changsun when Cheolyong was still in a relationship with Changsun. It was when they were still happy together, they oozed of love and Sanghyun loathed Cheolyong for getting Changsun’s affections. So when Cheolyong was disposed of Sanghyun swooped in and grabbed the maknae’s broken heart for his own, wanting to making Changsun jealous. But emotions don't work according to plan, he had fallen in love with Cheolyong, in love with every single part about that pieced together heart.