Chapter 8: I Love You

That Smile Of Yours

Hehe. I got a runny nose after our moment in the rain.

After we parted lips, the first thing Ilhoon did was make fun of me! The nerve of the guy! Esecially after I just poured out my heart to him like that which included some tears.

I'm happy though. Having that warm fuzzy feeling cling to me every second of the day, having butterflies in my stomach just from seeing his smile. Sigh. I feel like the luckiest girl alive right now.

I was walking to the library so lost in my own thoughts I didn't hear Ilhoon approach me until he hugged me from behind.

"Hey." He said as he made contact with me.

Startled, I yelled at him. "Yah! Didn't I tell you not to sneak up on me?!"

He placed his head on my shoulder. "I didn't sneak up on you. It was you who wasn't paying attention to my loud footsteps. Besides, didn't you hear my..."

I turned to look at him since he stopped suddenly. "Your what?" What's he being so shy about now?

Ilhoon removed his arms from around me and took my hand instead. "Nothing. forget what I was going to say just now."

Not wanting to drop the subject, I kept bugging him. "Tell me, please. I promise I won't make fun of you."

"No. Don't wanna." He continued dragging me in the direction of the library.

I stopped dead in my tracks. "Tell me. If you don't tell me then I won't move from this spot."

He glanced back at me. "Fine by me. Its not me anyways." And he started to walk off.

Aish!! Why is he being so...so...EVIL?! I have to think of sonmething to say so that he doesn't leave me. THINK, THINK, THINK!!

"Are you really going to leave me behind, oppa?" I said in the saddest voice I could muster.

He stopped dead in his track. I got him! For a few seconds he stayed still.

Worried, I walked over to where he was standing. Taking his hand, I said, "Oppa. Are you okay?" I tried looking into his eyes since he was looking at the ground.

"You shouldn't say cute things like that." He barely whispered.

"Huh?" Either I heard wrong or I didn't hear what he said at all.

"I said: You shouldn't say cute things like that!" He almost yelled.

I felt my face reddening and immediately looked away. Umm...what can I say now?

"When you say things like that, I...I feel like my heart will jump out of my chest." I laughed when I finally in all that he said. "Yah! Why are you laughing?! You promised that you won't laugh at me!"

I took a deep breath. "Sorry. I tried really hard not to laugh but...that was so cheesy!" And I started laughing again.

I saw Ilhoon become flustered and laughed even harder. "You can stop laughing already. It's not even that funny."

I continued laughing but not as hard. "Yah! Let me go!" While I was still laughing, Ilhoon lifted me off the ground and carried me in the opposite direction of the library. "Ilhoon-ah, where are you taking me?" He didn't answer me.

--------- a couple minutes later----------

"Is it okay for me to say something 'cheesy' here?" Ilhoon brought me to the spot where I had both confessed and kissed him.

"...I guess." How can I say no when what I did just yesterday didn't seem like me at all. Ah! So embarrassing!

"The moment that I knew I had fallen for you was on that day in the library."

I cocked my head to the side. "What day?"

He smiled. "That day when I was recording you. Remember?"

I thought about it for a second. The day that he recorded me?

 

*****FLASH BACK BEGIN*****

 

After finally finishing that first assignment, I was tired. It required a lot of brain power and i was ready for a little nap. I closed my textbook, yawned, and stretched. The last thing I wanted to do was look over at Ilhoon but it's a good thing that I did.

 

"Yah! What are you doing?!" When I looked over at him, he was recording me with his phone.

 

He did his annoying half smirk thing that he always do to me and sat up before sitting back into his chair comfortably. "I couldn't help myself. You got really quiet after a while and when I looked over, you were this really amazingly cool girl and…yeah."

 

I just looked at him as though he was crazy. "You're crazy. And not to mention, weird." I broke eye contact with him and started looking for more work that needed to be finished.

 

He say up straight. "I'm being serious. Here take a look at it for yourself." He slid his phone across the table towards me.

 

I stopped flipping though pages and looked down at his phone sitting there and calling out my name. Something about probably being the first girl at this school to touch his phone made me nervous. Finally, I gave in and picked up his phone and played the video. I just sat there and looked at what he had recorded of me. I just kept watching, waiting for something "really amazingly cool" to happen. I finally reached the end, not finding out the significance of it.

 

I looked at him expressionless. He was smiling at me. "Aren't I right?"

 

 

 

*****FLASH BACK ENDS*****

 

 

"Ah! I remember now!" I exclaimed.

 

He smiled at me. It was that same first smile. "I said that you were this 'really amazingly cool girl and...yeah'. I really meant that. The last one, the yeah, I wanted to say that you were...that you were..." I waited. "That you were beautiful."

 

"EH? How was I beautiful? I was wearing a long sleeve and sweatpants that day. And my hair wasn't done or anything either."

 

"That's not what makes one beautiful." As Ilhoon held both of my hands, I looked up into his eyes. "It was you. I was able to feel the real you during that time. Even though you put up this tough act, I was able to feel your lonliness, your sadness, and your gentleness. Everything about you then attracted me to you. I knew I had to get closer to you. Plus, the way the light was coming in and shining behind you just added to your beauty."

 

I felt a single tear fall down my cheek. I felt happy and thankful at the same time for having Ilhoon in my life.

 

"Why are you crying?" He asked as he wiped away my tears.

 

"I'm...I'm just so happy and thankful that I have you in my life now. Thank you, Ilhoon." And I hugged him with all that I had.

 

Ilhoon hugged me back. "I'm also happy."

 

I smiled. "I love you, Ilhoon."

 

"I love you, too."