Chapter 17

Not Like Ice

Unfortunate Event #17 — Horrid Voices in Your Head

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
"C-Can I ask you... something..?"
"Neh, what is it oppa?" You asked cheerfully.
It had been 3 days since you both moved into your new house. Surprisingly, you both managed to afford the small home.
"Since.... we have an extra room and... we've been very close and all.. a-and I-I...."
Suddenly, Leo stopped.
"Hm?" You asked, still fixing the frame.
 
 
"Stop it Taekwoon, this isn't romantic."
 
"Do it while you can!"
 
"Don't you think it's time?"
 
"The sooner the better."
 
"Don't make it boring, you idiot!"
 
"You want her or not?"
 
"She's going to think you're lazy."
 
 
Taekwoon grabbed your small warm palm and bent down on one knee. He was too nervous to slow down.
"Iaskedyourdadtheotherdaybeforewemovedandireceivedhispermissiontoyouknowandij-just,"
he stopped to take in a deep breath, his other hand pulling out the ring.
"W-Will you marry me..?"
"No."
 
 
Suddenly, Leo jerked out of his imagination and stared down at the big box in his arms.
"Why do you keep staring at me?" You asked. Your giggles made an eyesmile that embarrassed him even more.
"N-Nothing." He mumbled and turned away.
 
"Try again."
 
He put the box down gently onto the couch. "A-Are you hungry?" His voice managed to spit out. "No, I'm fine!" You replied happily.
 
"Fail Leo. Fail. Try again."
 
Taekwoon tilted over, collapsing hard onto the floor with a heavy thud. "OPPA?!" You screamed when he lied there motionless. When you rushed over, you checked him all over, seeing if there were any injuries. Leo panted heavily, trying to open his eyes.
"B-Before... anything happens... I just w-wanted to say... The other day I visited your father and... I received permisson...."
"Permission for what!!?" You stammered from panicking at his hoarse voice. He could tell you were frightened as heck.
He weakly pulled out the ring, stumbling and shaking. "W-Will yo-" He coughed lightly, "M-Marry me...?"
 
With swift moves, you smacked him hard across the face. The red mark glowed brightly on his cheek, redder than his face from flushing in embarrassment and humiliation. 
"PABO I KNOW YOU'RE FAKING THIS."
Taekwoon slapped himself across the face.
 
"Great job, dummy."
 
"T-Taekwoon are you okay...?" A gentle voice asked him from behind, nearly making him jump.
"Ah neh neh neh!" He said, rubbing the back of his neck embarrassingly. He did not dare look into your eyes. "You're acting funny.... and talking louder than usual... " You said, trying to peek over his shoulder and see what he's doing.
"Eh? Ani I'm fine." He said in a quiet voice.
 
"You sound stupid."
 
"Ah.. arasso..." You said, raising an eyebrow and smiling at his sudden weirdness.
 
"Figure it out a different day, sherlock."
 
"But I want to do it nowww!" He pouted.
"Do what?!" You asked, for he had mumbled more words right as you turned around.
Instantly, he picked up the large box and sped away. 
"Well then......." You said, a little creeped and weirded out.
 
The house was then silent, for only noises from unpacking and breathing filled it. Often, you'd glance over at him mumbling random words silently. Unfortunately, none of his lips seemed to say any phrase that made sense. Or, perhaps you were just very bad at reading lips. 
After a few hours of unpacking, you stopped paying attention to him. "Maybe he's just daydreaming." You thought in your head, which made you accidentally giggle and catch his attention. Whenever he glanced at you, you looked away, and whenever you glanced at him, he seemed too busy to notice.
Out of the blue, Leo nudged you. "Let's plant something outside!" He said cheerfully with an dumb smile. "Uh. Arasso." You replied with a laugh. Faster than usual, he grabbed your hand and pulled you outside.
He stupidly crashed into the clear door that led to your huge backyard. Luckily, he was sturdy enough not to fall backwards and crush your small body.
"What's gotten into him?" You asked yourself, trying not to laugh at his sudden clumsiness.
As soon as you both stepped out, he led you into the huge field of a backyard. 
 
"It's a small house and a big field... I hope you don't mind...." Leo had said at one point in time.
 
You shook your remembrance away and focused back to reality. 
 
"Well, we have no mulch... how do we plant an-"
"Looook!" He randomly exclaimed. Leo ran a few meters, spotting a strange bunch of flowers in the middle of the yard.
"Are those weeds or are they strangely random flowers in the middle of grass...." You asked yourself once more.
Leo sat down and patted the empty space beside him.
"Sigh, my boyfriend is so cheesy." You laughed. When you sat down beside him, he instantly lied down, pointing to the clouds, as if he was rushing.
"It looks like a heart."
You lied down beside him.
"It looks more of a clover leaf to me..."
There was an awkward silence for a few minutes.
"How about now?"
"It just looks like a circle.."
"Like a wedding ring, right?"
"Wahhh... Yeah it does!" 
"Do you... ever think of... having a family...?"
 
"He's so random........"
 
"Sometimes, when I'm bored, I do."
"So.. what kind of family?"
At that, you poured out all your thoughts and ideas. Plans and plans all spat out of your mouth. Leo listened to every word, smiling at almost all of your huge and somewhat crazy fantasies, but, he really wanted to get to his point.
"Do you ever want a son?"
You stopped, thinking for a minute.
"Do you?"
"Yes... with you."
You laughed softly, nestling your head perfectly between his head and shoulder. "I want to have one with you, too." You whispered. He smiled, his hand gently reaching into his pocket.
"I promise to love you forever."
He suddenly said. You blinked for a minute, but then replied, "I promise to love you too."
He pulled it out.
"Before we left... I visited... and got your father's permission." He added.
"Permission for what?!" You suddenly asked, sitting up and staring down at him.
 
"Going as planned. Don't freak out now."
 
He sat up just a little, making sure he was still lower than you. His head was down, and his nervousness came back.
"T-To m.... mar-ry y-you." He replied, clutching the small ring in his hand tightly.
 
"WHAT IF THE RING DOESN'T FIT?"
 
"Wahh??" You asked, blinking in shock. For some odd reason, your hands shook, and you almost broke a sweat. Was he serious?
He managed to move his knee onto the ground, kneeling before you. He lifted his head and locked his hoping eyes with you.
 
"Will you marry me?"
 
 
[ COMMENTS APPRECIATED! And it's not how it looks ^~^ ]