Chapter 3: New School, New Friends

From Hatred To Love

 

 

[Hyo Jin’s POV]

 

Beep!! Beep!! Beep!! (sounds of the alarm clock)

 

“Okay! Okay! I’ll get up now! Just stop making noise!!” I yelled almost throwing the clock to the wall.

 

I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. “It’s only 6.15am.. I want to sleep more.”

 

  I yawned and pulled the blanket to cover my body. Suddenly, something came into my mind. I think I should get ready now, Yong Hee will be angry if I’m late again.  I rushed to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for school. When I was locking the house door, I felt someone was poking my shoulder. I turned around and saw Yong Hee smiling towards me. “Finally you’re not late again! Excited to go to the new school?”

 

  I grinned and nodded. Phew~ I know what you’re thinking about. I’m not lying to her okay. First, I’m afraid that she would get angry and second really I’m excited about my new school!

 

  We walked to our new school together while chatting with each other. We couldn’t hide the excitement of entering the school. Our jaws dropped as we entered the school area. It was enormous. Both of us went speechless as we looked around, and it was only near the entrance gate! We could only say “WOW” at the sight. Then, we walked around the school finding the principal’s office. Okay.. it is not walking around but more to getting lost in the school building.

 

    Finally, after almost 20 minutes walking and asking directions from the other students, we found the principal’s office. We knocked on the door and walked in slowly. We were greeted by the sight of the principal smiling toward us. “Having hard time finding my office?” he asked and chuckled. We smiled awkwardly and nodded.

 

  “Have a seat. Both of you are the new students right? Nice meeting you, my name is Mr. Shin Jong Hyuk. But the teachers and students here called me ‘Principal Shin’.” He handed some papers to us and smiled. “Seems like both of you going to be in the same class. You may go to your class now. Enjoy your time studying in this school”

 

We walked out from the office and have a look at the papers. “Class 1-A. Oh great, how are we going to find it?” I mumbled and pouted.

 

   “Stop with duck lips of yours Hyo Jin. Let’s go find the classroom now than wasting time standing here.” Yong Hee pinched my lips and started walking. We could find the class in less than 10 minutes this time. Yong Hee knocked the door and greeted the teacher. He asked us to get in and introduced us to the class. He asked to get into our seats and I glanced at him nametag before walking to my own seat. “Kim Min Jeung”. Yong Hee was sitting beside a boy on the second row near the window and I was asked to sit beside a girl not far from her place. I looked at the guy beside Yong Hee. “He has a baby face. What’s that on his head? Is it hair or mushroom? Ha-Ha! But it suits him, he look cute with it” I thought.

 

   “Hi! I’m Park Min Young but you can call me Mi Young” the girl beside me started a conversation. “Hi! You can call me Hyo Jin and the girl and that girl is my best friend, Yong Hee.” I said while pointing to Yong Hee.

 

 “Oh, and this is Kim Myungsoo, my boyfriend”. She pointed to the boy in front her. “The girls in this class will be jealous of your friend”.

 

 I frowned hearing it. “Feel jealous with her? But, why?”

 

  Min Young saw that my expression changes and she added. “It’s because she is sitting beside one of the famous boy in this school. His name is Shin Dong Ho. Even the popular girls are rejected by him when they wanted to sit beside him.” I looked at Yong Hee and our girl classmates. They were shooting daggers into her head.

 

  “You mean the mushroom hair guy? From what I see, he looks a little arrogant maybe?” Min Young looked at me with a shocked face. “Whoa, you dare to call him that? You better be careful, he’s one of the most powerful student in this school.”

 

  I looked at her and said, “Erm, so? This is school a place to study, not a place to show off your power. And what was his name again? Shin Dong Ho? Dong Ho from the Shin family, I think I’ve heard of that name before. Hey! His family own one of the largest food company here right?!”

 

  “That’s absolutely true! Hyo Jin, I know that you don’t care about their power in this school, but I still hope that you’ll be careful around them. They could make your school life turn into hell.”

 

  During recess time, Min Young, Myungsoo, Yong Hee and I ate together at the canteen. We get to know each other. Min Young told us the names of our classmates. After finishing our lunch, I told both of them to go back to the class without Yong Hee and me. Like always, I dragged Yong Hee along with me asking her to accompany me to go to the toilet.

 

   On our way back to class, we saw Shin Dong Ho walking with 6 other guys. The student bowed at them give and them a way. Some of the girls were screaming. “I wonder who they are. And why does it look like the students respect or should I say scared of them.”

 

  They stopped walking and stood in front of our class. There were some girls tried flirting them, flattering their eyelashes in a flirty way to make them look cute? We didn’t care about those girls or boys, but they were blocking our way! “How are we supposed enter the class now with that crowd in front of the door??!!”

 

   “Aish, those guy. What the hell are they doing right in front of our class! Don’t they have better things to do other than standing there? They’re blocking our ways!!” I almost shouted at Yong Hee, feeling annoyed with their presence. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know the story is boring >.< Sorry about that. But I'll try to make it more interesting.