Photo Album Incident: #1

The Average Course of Friendships

Daehyun’s bored and Youngjae’s at work.

 

Being Jung Daehyun and all, Daehyun knows it’s his duty of utmost importance to sneak into Youngjae’s room and scavenge for items to blackmail him with (i.e. magazines, videos, toys, etc.). Youngjae can’t be that much of a goody-goody , right? Daehyun shakes his head. Of course not. Last time he checked, Youngjae had balls. Physically, at least. Figuratively, he didn’t really know. Sometimes, Youngjae just didn’t do things like your average, healthy male. (What man cries during A Walk to Remember? Okay, admittedly there were a few tears from Daehyun as well, but that’s not the point).

 

Daehyun’s eyes flicker to the digital clock on Youngjae’s bedside drawer just as it hits 5:54 p.m.. Youngjae won’t be home for another half hour or so and another devious smile’s making it’s way onto Daehyun’s dashing face. He can pull this off. Busan’s ninja hasn’t been caught so far during his times of boredom-induced espionage (he’s successfully raided Yongguk’s room, Yongguk’s boyfriend’s-who’s-going-to-be-somewhat-important-later-on’s room, Yongnam’s room, and Junhong’s room without anyone noticing) so what’s to say he’ll get caught this time?

 

Carefully, he jumps over the stack of binders and notebooks sitting behind Youngjae’s ‘Almighty Chair of Study’ that Daehyun bought for him as a birthday present three years ago. Of course, also being Jung Daehyun, he completely disregards the pink eraser lying on the floor, slips and collides with the bookshelf standing to the left of Youngjae’s study table.

 

“! Don’t fall, don’t fall....”

 

He’s sitting on the ground after the fall, praying that all of Youngjae’s books will keep steady because Daehyun at organizing important things that aren’t his. He’s closing his eyes and rubbing his head in pain just before another solid object lands heavily on his brunette head.

 

“Ow! Dammit, Jae. Why the hell are you-”

 

Once he sees the object he stares wide-eyed for a bit, mouth opening and closing like a clam until he realizes he looks like a clam-pufferfish hybrid and stops.

 

Then, he smiles.

 

“He really kept it. That sentimental bastard.”

 

His dark eyes scan the four pictures on the two pages, each with their own little commentaries on the side and then sees the title.

 

 

‘Chibi Dae’s Month of Constant Idiocy’

 

 

Daehyun swears that this is the girliest thing he's ever seen Youngjae do. He's thanking God that the labels aren't hearts.

 

 

‘June 10. 2003: Chibi Daehyun’s an idiot who managed to get his head stuck in a bucket. I thought that only happened in cartoons. Apparently, not. xD’

 

There’s a picture of him sitting in the sandbox with a red bucket on his head and a sandcastle shovel in his left hand. Daehyun’s trying to remember how exactly that bucket fell on his head on the first place, but he can’t seem to pinpoint exactly how it happened. Most people are supposed to remember how exactly buckets manage to find themselves on their heads because how the hell can you forget a bucket on your head? But, Daehyun concludes that maybe the experience was too overwhelmingly traumatizing at the time that his brain chose to bury that memory in the far far far corners of his mind along with his algebra lessons. Yeah, that sounds about right.

 

-

 

‘June 12. 2003: Because Chibi Dae’s an idiot at hide-and-seek, he hid in the back of a random truck and was found hours later because I jumped into the back of another random truck which luckily was part of the same company.’

 

Ah, the good times. However, because of that one teeny tiny little incident, Youngjae refuses to play hide-and-seek with Daehyun even until now. He keeps telling the younger that it’s not his fault that the driver closed the door when he was swimming in the sea of clothes.

 

-

 

 

‘June 15. 2003: Okay, so I guess all of us are idiots for following Daehyun at the amusement park...OTL’

Picture Youngjae’s half dead.

Yongguk’s carrying the half dead.

Junhong’s a blur.

And he’s eating three different flavors of  ice cream.

Seems pretty legit.

The last time they went to the amusement park, it was pretty much the same situation. For some odd reason, Yongguk’s always accused of attempted murder, Junhong’s a blur of colors that makes him look like a gay pride flag, and Youngjae’s always a corpse whenever they go home. To think that Daehyun had the weakest stomach when it comes to rides and spinning tea cups. Probably, the only difference in the more recent picture at their amusement park escapade was that he had five ice creams and Yongguk had a Mickey Mouse towel over his pants. The moral of the day? Never wear white pants to the amusement park. Your unicorn underwear might show.

-

‘June 28. 2003: Daehyun’s birthday. The day he received several ‘firsts’. His first kiss, his first manga series, and his first slap. The sad thing is, they all came from me.’

 

This is one day Daehyun remembers (wow, what a shock).

 

There’s a red hand shaped mark on his left cheek (Youngjae packs one hell of a slap), a stack of comic books to his front (the first ten volumes of Naruto), and Youngjae in front of him with a pout on his cut lip.

 

If Daehyun remembers correctly, that was the day Yongguk found out about PDA and decided to shove Daehyun into a passing Youngjae which caused a series of unfortunate (or maybe not so unfortunate) events which led to a pair of elementary school  lips accidentally crashing together, which was then followed by a dramatic slow motion, 360 degree turn and saucer-wide eyes, which ultimately led to Daehyun’s first ever slap, cut lip, and first kiss. It wasn’t exactly the ideal kiss and he’s sure that Youngjae doesn’t regard it as one, but to him, it counts. Not to mention that that day was also the day that Daehyun realized that he was bi. Okay, so maybe he didn’t realize it as bi but he figured that since he didn’t have the same reaction as Youngjae (who immediately ran out of the room to brush his teeth seven times), then that meant that he didn’t really mind boys.

 

Daehyun’s shaking his head. This whole analyzing thing is giving him a headache.

 

He’s already over that super secret middle school crush (that Yongguk somehow found out about)  he had on Youngjae.

 

The brunette’s about to flip the page with his fingertips when he picks up the sound of the door unlocking. There went Operation: Blackmail. There in that pile of dumbery and crazy .

 

“. . . . . Fu-” he hears the door click. “Shiiiiiit!”

 

He grabs the album and makes a run for it.


 

To be continued...

 

 

 


you know, I like the word 'idiocity' better than 'idiocy'...
at least I know what my genre is now xD
and i guess this story is like a series of loosely connected drabbles?
Thank you for the comments and subs!
Love, Jelly <3