o3

The Lost Heart

 

Chapter Three

 


 

"Ok and I want that, that and this done before lunch, Oh! And dont forget about the project that's due at the end of the week, good bye!" Junhong said and gave Hayi a list of things she had to do today, all for the sake of her crush. 'Sigh, he better give me valuable information or else...' "Well we better get started on this Hayi, "Fighting!" She whispered to herself.

***

"what a silly girl," a voice whispered from behind a book shelf, "So cute." 

***

Junhong was walking back to class feeling at ease when suddenly he got pulled by someone from behind, "Woah" he said surprised, "Oh, hello there hyung!" Junghong said and bowed after noticing it was his cousin, Seunghyun.

"Hey Junghong, how have you been? how are aunty and uncle?" The older male greeted his younger cousin.

"Oh mom and dad are good. They say they miss you, you should come by and say hi!" Junhong replied, "My mom will be especially happy, she keeps asking me when you'll come by."

"I'm glad, I have some things to discuss with your parents so ill be walking home with you ok?" Seunghyun said and looked down at his watch, "Class is almost starting, I'll wait for you at the gates. See yah!" and with that he turned but before he could move one step he bumped into someone.

"Ouch!" Hayi said rubbing her nose, she had been looking for Junhong when someone suddenly bumped into her.

"Oh I'm sorry, is everything alright?" Seunghyun asked her. Hayi took notice as to who it was that she had bumped into and just stood there paralyzed, "Hello? Well take care, bye Junhong!" and with that he left, Hayi just stood there dumbfounded. The only thing that came through the girls brain was 'I... bumped into him. I... bumped into him. He apologized, he talked to me...'

"Hey! Lee Hayi!" Junhong waved a hand in front of her face, "idiot." he muttered and left in the opposite direction from his cousin, Hayi stood there for a couple of more minutes when suddenly she snapped out of her daze... kind of. She started to walk down the hallway thinking back as to what had happened earlier, 'My gosh, my gosh, his voice...' she thought, the poor girl looked like she had been beaten out of her senses, the way she swayed through the hallway and how her eyes weren't focused on anything, if she didn't snap out of her daze she would be late for class.

***

"Lee Hayi and Choi Junhong!" The teacher snapped at the two students who had arrived late to class, "I know you don't like my class but at least come in time!" She kept going on and on about how important her class was and al that, Junhong just tried to zone her out, "Detention after class for both of you! now go to your seats and take out the assignment from yesterday." She continued on with her class. Junhong took his seat and heaved a sigh, 'I was supposed to go home with Seunghyun Hyung... but wait... That Hayi girl is also in detention... if she can cover for me. Alright, Junghong you are a genius!' 

"Psst, hey Lee Hayi!" Junhong whispered to Hayi who was sitting beside him, "I have one more chore for today."

"Huh? What do you mean?" She tilted her head in confusion.

'This stupid girl.' Junghong thought, "Do you want to know my cousins birthday?" He whisperd to Hayi.

"Do i want to mow your muffins sun ray?" She whispered back not really catching what Junghong had said.

"Choi Junghong and Lee Hayi! are you both having fun whispering back there?" Mrs. Cha yelled at them, making them jump on their seats, "Both of you will clean the class after school! now please stop interrupting me!" Hayi was feeling devastated whereas Junghong was jumping with joy 'this way she can just clean by herself and i don't have to do a thing!' he thought, 'perfect!'

***

"What do you mean you will tell me his birthday?" Hayi said to Junghong after classes had ended, the latter had somehow managed to make the girl follow him to an empty classroom.

"Well you see... You said you would do stuff for me and i would give you info about my hyung... sOo you have to clean the class by yourself and i'll tell you when his birthday is." the young boy grinned, he was sure that his idea was brilliant.

"No." Hayi  replied bluntly. "Huh?" Junghong was taken aback by her answer. "I don't wanna, now clean the classroom, i want this place to shine, goodye." Hayi turned and started to head for the door, "And that project thats due on friday will be done tomorrow." and with that the yung girl left, who knew she would just flat out reject Junghong.

"Owww." Hayi hadn't even made her way out of the class when she bumped into somebody near the door.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," a deep voice replied, "Wait... You're the girl I bumed into this morning! How are you?" before Seunghyun could continue asking her questions Junghong cleared his throat rather loudly.

"Ahem!" startled, Seunghyun turned and looked at Junghong, the older male beamed at his cousin.

"Junghong! There you are! I thought something happened to you!" he said and walked over to him, Hayi sneakily walked out of the class in a daze, "Oh yes! that girl from earlier..." Seunghyun turned but found that there was nobody were he had been standing before, "Thats weird..." he said, sometimes he could act as a child without noticing.

***

Hayi quickly excited the school building. Her crush had talked to her twice in one day. TWICE!
Hayi's heart was beating furiously, who knew her crush was actually not like the other older students. There was something in his voice that made Hayi's breath quicken and heartbeat increase. The way he would look at his friends and classmates was very beautiful, that guy had a pure soul and Hayi could see it, this was one of the reasons as to why she was attracted to him. Not only was he really good looking and had a pure soul, he also was very smart and athletic. Hayi could watch him play any sport for hours till no end, because no matter how much she watched, he would never notice her.

Without noticing Hayi had already arrived at her "house", she opened the door and locked it behind her. The house was empty like every other day, there were no parents to welcome her, no siblings to bother her, no nothing, she was all alone in this dark house. Hayi was already used to it, but it does hurt to not have anyone welcome you home. After finishing her meal and washing up she was geting ready to go to bed, she was quite a sleepy head so she went to bed early to treasure those precious hours of sleep, when suddenly the doorbell rang. 'That's weird' Hayi thought. she wasn't expecting anybody to come visit her today. She made her way to the door and after opening it she just stood there speechless.

"Oh why hello! I didn't expect to see you here." The person at the doorway said, giving Hayi a very big smile.

***