o1

The Lost Heart


Chapter One






“That’s him, that’s him!”




Hayi was widening her eyes to catch the appearance of a tall guy whose striding through the corridor with two of his friends, trying her best to observe every of his moves.



Between the talk, he would smile, sometimes slightly covered his mouth with the back of his hand as he laughed out hard, while most of the time, he was just listening to the others. A pair of his sharp eyes would narrow upon the edge of his lips lifted up, and the showing cheekbones weren’t helping but adding the perfection of his face.



He was really perfect.



And she really wanted to know him.



“Oh my God, you look like a burned crab,” her only best friend, Park Jimin, teased as soon as those guy walked away.



“Uh,” Hayi muttered, still collecting herself back after that precious moment. “Really?”



“Damn, you’re really badly in love with him, right?” Jimin chuckled, “even staring at him from building apart like this turned you insane already!”



Hayi pouted. But she couldn’t agree more.



That guy was one year ahead from them, and currently on the second grade of senior high school which made their class to be a building apart with football field as the divider. The relationship of senior-junior students in their school wasn’t that good, where some seniors would even beat up the younger generations just because of a simple problem and it was the biggest reason of why Hayi couldn’t step her feet into those building. The only thing that she could do was waiting for him to walk through the corridor which fortunately had glass paneling to make it visible from outside—even though it’s just only happened like twice a week.



Yet it didn’t seem to be like a problem to Hayi.



She was always patiently waiting at the corridor to only catch a less than minute view of him. And she felt enough already.



“Don’t you want to approach him? He seems to be friendly even with the youngers,” Jimin curiously asked.



“I-I don’t have such brave to do so,” Hayi stuttered.



Even with just imagining it made her nervous already.



“Come on. You’ve already doing this kind of things for like a month. Don’t you feel tired even just a little?” Jimin complained.



“I feel enough with looking at him from afar,” Hayi muttered. “Don’t force me to approach him. You know it will never happen.”



“I’m telling you that nothing’s really impossible,” Jimin convinced. “If you really want to know him, I’ll help you.”



“How?” Hayi frowned.



Jimin tapped her forefinger against her puffy cheek, trying to think of the best way possible since she didn’t have any close friends on the second grade either. It was quiet impossible for her to randomly enter the second grade building and asked someone about that guy—moreover Hayi didn’t even know his name, causing it turned to be hundred times harder than it should be.



“Well—I don’t know as well,” she finally gave up.



“You know it yourself,” Hayi chuckled.



“But you have a good sight. I never know this school has a good looking guy like him,” Jimin grinned, nudging Hayi’s waist playfully.



Hayi didn’t really know how could that guy caught her attention between the thousand students that existed on the school either. It was really amusing as well, since she acknowledge her own feelings out of a sudden after she saw him a couple times from the corridor. She didn’t understand why, or when was the exact time but she found herself waiting for his appearance from the corridor almost like everday before she felt the pulses right inside of her chest everytime he walked by.



That’s amazing how she could fall for him even without knowing his name nor personality.



Although she admitted that it was indeed weird.



“Well, nothing’s impossible on its perfect time,” Jimin consoled, patting on the shorter girl’s back for a moment, “I’m sure you’ll get to know him one day.”



***





That was just a normal daylight where Hayi was standing at the side of the corridor only to look for her crush again.




She was really serious and even didn’t realize that Jimin was slowly walking closer to her. A bored expression was obviously showing on her face as she arrived on the shorter girl’s side.



“I was looking for you since decade ago and here you are, peeking on your crush again!” Jimin squaled.



Hayi moved aside a little of surprise, before a smile appeared through her lips.



“Well, he’s not there,” she sadly replied.



“Really?” Jimin narrowed her eyes to catch a better view. “Isn’t it him?”



Hayi immediately turned her head to look at the front building and found out that he’s really there. Walking through the corridor with three of his friends, looking like being on a serious talk somehow.



“Oh my God, he’s there,” Hayi whispered, covering half of her face in nervous yet still fixed her eyes on him.



“Look how hot he is,” Jimin teased.



“I know,” Hayi furiously nodded.



“Look how handsome he is,” Jimin laughed.



“Geez, I know it, Jimin,” Hayi awkwardly covered her whole face.



Jimin laughed out real loud to see Hayi’s awkwardness, feeling really excited to even more. When she was getting ready to add another pains for her, all of the ideas were gone away once she saw what’s happening in the front. She couldn’t even believe it herself.



“Look how he looks at us,” Jimin muttered on disbelief.



“That’s not funny,” Hayi chuckled.



“Hey, look!” Jimin pulled her hands away, causing her to look at the front back.



“What are you do—” Hayi groaned, but she couldn’t finish her words after found out that her crush was looking straight into her—and although they were about twenty metres away, she was really sure that he’s indeed looking at their direction.



“It’s real, right?” Jimin stunned on her position, looking at how that guy stopped from walking forward only to stare at them.



“Oh my God, does he really look at us?” Hayi lost half of her soul already.



“Indeed,” Jimin shook her head from left to right, only to make sure that there’s no one around them.



And both of them hawked so low when he began to wave his hand towards them, along with a friendly smile attached on his face.



“He’s waving at us. Should we wave back?” Hayi cluelessly asked.



“Come on, you have to wave at him,” Jimin tugged on Hayi’s shoulder.



“Well—” Hayi gulped on hesitant. Her heart was already racing so fast inside of her chest, not giving any chances for her brain to proceed what was really happening right in front of her eyes. She couldn’t believe that her crush was literally smiling, looking and waving at her even though they didn’t know each other at all. It was such a miracle—yet she hadn’t ready for that yet.



She couldn’t wave at him back. She knew it. She would never be able to.



And that truth frustated her real bad.



“I can’t!!” she finally screamed, and quickly squatting to hide herself from the window.



“What are yo doing?! You’re wasting this precious amazing time!” Jimin blabbered on anger, but she was squatting by her side as well.



“I’m not ready yet to interact with him!” Hayi reasoned.



“No matter you’re ready or not, you can’t lose this good chance! Lord is being kind with you right now!” Jimin hissed.



Hayi blinked on hesitant. She didn’t want to know how red her face already or how weird herself to squat in the corridor. She just wanted to calm herself down, convincing her mind that it wasn’t a dream.



“What are you doing, Park Jimin?”



A voice came out from behind their back, and both of Hayi and Jimin immediately tilting their head to see who it was.



“Choi Junhong, this isn’t your business,” Jimin groaned.



Hayi knew that guy.



Junhong was Jimin’s childhood friend, the one that always protect her like a real older brother. Although their friendship wasn’t as tight as what it used to be anymore, they were still talking to each other at least once a day—because their parents were still a good friends, that’s what Jimin said though.



“And why are you waving your hand?” Jimin frowned.



Junhong raised his eyebrows, bewildered of her sudden question.



“Who are you waving at?” Jimin got a bad feeling.



“Someone over there,” Junhong pointed at the second grade building with his chin.



“The tall, short black haired with a cold stare handsome guy?” Jimin went too much details.



Hayi cupped her face on embarassment of how could Jimin poured everything out of like that.



“Yes. You know Seunghyun sunbaenim too?” Junhong surprised.



“Seunghyun?” Jimin frowned.



“Choi Seunghyun. My step-cousin,” Junhong replied, getting ready to leave but someone got the end of his shirt and pulled him back until he fell down to the floor, causing him to groan in pain.



Hayi’s eyes widened, startling real bad of what was just Jimin did towards her so-called close friend.



“Are you crazy?” Junhong yelled in anger.



“No, I’m not. I just want to ask you something,” Jimin muttered, putting on a serious expression ever.



Junhong slapped her hand from his shirt away, yet he was still waiting for her continuation.



“Do you really know that guy named Choi Seunghyun?” Jimin suspiciously asked.



“He’s my step-cousin. Of course I know him,” Junhong sighed. “That’s all you want to ask?”



Jimin turned to give a stare at Hayi, but that girl didn’t seem to understand her meaning behind that. She was just shrugging to ask what was she doing, having no idea at all so Jimin decided to do it her own.



She got to help her clueless friend.



“Choi Junhong, I hope you don’t mind if I’m asking for your favor.”



***