The Hospital

Mesmerized

Ken

After Leo left that night, I grew bored and pulled out the iPod I had discovered earlier that day and started scrolling through songs. It seemed that Ji Young didn't get her music from the web and most likely got them from CDs. She didnt have that many artists. She only had three artists: Exo-k, K-will and B.a.p. Should I purchase more for her? Would that be rude? I seached through for a couple more minutes, downloading songs. Then I played Angry Birds for an hour.

Ji Young started to moan and toss in her bed. I was excited, thinking that she might wake up soon. I ran to the lobby where a lone nurse was sorting files and asked her if Ji Young would wake up soon. She told me that it was normal; something was probably occupying her mind--like a nightmare or a dream of some sort.

I walked back to the room and saw the disturbed look on Ji Young's face as tears cascaded from her closed eyes. I wiped the tears from her face with my sleeve and tried to calm my thoughts.

I pulled out my black gummy earbuds and began to play a soothing song called I Only Know Love by K.Will and sang out the window to the city night, to the car lights and the busy people. I realized she wasnt thrashing around or anymore. I kept singing the song as my eyelids grew heavy with sleep. I placed the earbuds in her ears to keep her calm while she slept for the rest of the night.

Ji Young

A giant figure with a loosened tie and ratted black hair sat on a couch across the room and I was the size of an ant. How did I get here? I shuffled along the wall, looking for a door, a hole--a way out.

I tripped over a shoe and bumped the bottom of a vase. It smashed into millions of tiny pieces and scattered everywhere. The giant man's voice boomed throughout my head, "Kong Ji Young, was that you?" I struggled to get out as I heard the giant's footsteps fall, shaking the whole place. I could feel his rage. "What possessed you to piss me off? I know you're in there!" His footsteps got closer until the glass started cracking just behind me. I was sweating and tears were forming in my eyes.

"I didn't mean to." He got closer and closer. He opened his hand and swung through the air towards me. I clenched my legs tight to myself and suddenly I was in a baby blue, cotton candy filled cloud.

Music surrounded me and I heard an angel's voice acompanied by another. It reminded me of the sound of my mother, singing me to me when I was younger to put me to sleep with no night terrors. I drifted into a deeper sleep than I had slept in a long, long time.

The next day

Sunlight spilled through the thin hospital curtains and across my face. I opened my eyes gently and moved my head around to see my surroundings. My iPod was on a nighstand with a letter and a jacket that looked familiar. I tried lifting my body, but my side exuded a sharp, excruciating pain. I fell under the presure of the pain and laid back down.

Ken walked through the door with another boy from a higher class. I was surprised to see him. He seemed so surprised to see me; his eyes got big then he walked out of the room. I was confused.

The nurse came in and explained the procedure to just me and the cost. I agreed to it and she handed me papers to fill out. She left and Ken greeted me. "Annyeonghaseyo, this is Hyuk." The blond boy bowed and also greeted.

I greeted them back, "Nice to meet you." I smiled and an awkward silence ensued. "... So.... will you guys help me? I cant even lift my arms."

"Sure." They both agreed. 

Hyuk 

We began to ask her questions on the sheet, filling it out for her--surgery to repair her ribs, I guess. Ken would read the question and I would write; Ken's writing was barely legible. We neared the end of the 14th page when I got a call. "Can you take over, Ken?"

"Sure." he said with a smile.

I walked to the hall to answer the call from my umma. "Annyeonghaseyo, Mom" I said "Yes. Yes. Ok. I'll be home, but what about Ken? Ok. Yes, I'm coming. Bye umma." I said and hung up. I reentered the room to see Ken was blushing at the floor and Ji Young was talking in a secretive voice, obviously something she didn't intend for me to hear. I cleared my throat awkwardly to catch their attention and they both looked up, startled. "I'll see you later, Ji Young. If you want a ride, Ken, you'd better come now."

"Arasso." Ken said and followed me out. Ji Young thanked us and we left the room to go to the car.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Oh, um... she was just explaining some things..." Ken said.

"Like what?"

"Oh just stuff about herself."

"Yah, I dont want to know." I said as we started to drive off in my convertible. Ken punched my arm.

"Not that, you !"

--------------------------

hopefully get some subscribers soon or this story will come to an end T.T please subscribe!!

 

YO DUDES. SUBSCRIBE. LURVE Y'ALLS!