↪ [sehun] eternally

insseonity // a collection {UNDER CONSTRUCTION}

Eternally

Los Angeles, California, 1989

It was a breaking dawn when he was sent there. He didn’t know what happened to his last assignment, he didn’t even know what he is doing in Los Angeles, California in 1989. All he knows is that God gave him a second chance.

Just then, he heard a loud piercing cry of a baby. It was painfully ringing in his ears, as if it was looking for his presence. Sehun ran to where the voice came from. He reached the room at the end of the corridor. He entered the room, and found the baby girl. The baby stopped crying as soon as he stepped inside the room at the same time the baby was safely wrapped around the mother’s warm embrace.

 

Seoul, South Korea, 1999

 “Sunny, how many times do I have to tell you to teach your kid good manners?” Sehun glared at Sunny who remained smiling sweetly at him.

“Yah, Sehun! Don’t be overprotective of your kid. They are just having fun!” Sunny looked lovingly at her own kid, who was on the process of teasing little Tiffany.

“Hwang Miyoung! You will never catch me with those legs of yours!” the boy stuck out his tongue at the little girl, who just kept running. The two bodies watched the two kids ran about the park. Tiffany is running after her friend next door.

“If my little Tiffany gets hurt because of your kid, I swear I will not forgive you this time.” Sehun said. Just then, the sky grumbled, dark clouds coming their way. Sunny smiled at him; she knows Sehun too well and his un-ethereal attitude and God isn’t cool with it.

“Uh-oh. Look what have you done, Sehun.” Sunny said sarcastically.

“Tiffany-ah, it’s about to rain. I think it is time to go home.” The boy stopped running.

“Yay! I caught you! I caught you!” Little Tiffany jumped happily around the boy as she tug around his shirt.

“Yes, yes. Let’s go home now, or auntie will get mad.” The boy held little Tiffany’s hand and they started walking home together.

“Don’t they look so cute? I will ask God to make these two kids marry each other when the time comes. You’ll agree with me, right?” Sunny tugged onto Sehun’s arm.

He remained silent at Sunny’s request. He isn’t entirely in favor of the idea of little Tiffany getting married. He is her own guardian angel, and somehow, Sehun felt that he cannot leave Tiffany into someone else’s care, especially because he had watched her from the very beginning, since she was born.

 

2007

Sehun felt very bad now that Tiffany is no longer requiring his protection. She is legal, and she knows what is wrong and what is right. Sehun’s heart could always be at peace because Tiffany is a good girl. Tiffany always knows not to get in trouble.

“She is not your business anymore, Sehun. Let go.” Sunny joined her friend who was sitting at the lawn; eyes watching people come and go. It was Tiffany’s 18th birthday. And like all the other angels, he must leave Tiffany on her own now.

“Will she be all right without me?” Sehun asked her. Sehun was more than worried for Tiffany. He loves her, of course. But he is not aware that he had loved her more than how he is supposed to. He had loved the kid without knowing, and still has not realized it.

“Of course, Sehun.”

Sehun watched Tiffany and her friends dancing on the dance floor. It was not a bad party at all; however, Sehun was afraid of the possibilities that will happen when he is not watching. After tonight, Sehun must bid his good bye to Tiffany, and stop being her guardian.

 

2013

“Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here, ever this day, be at my side to light, to guard to rule and guide. Amen.” Tiffany prayed.

Sehun heard her voice ever so loudly, just like every time she needs his help. It has been years since Tiffany had prayed to him. To him, her voice sounds so much louder, but he was not sure if it was because he hasn’t heard her voice for a long time.

Just then, a vision flashed before him. It was the day that all angels dreaded the most—when their own kid must leave earth. It was too soon. Too soon. Sehun felt like crying. He had loved the little girl so much that he felt so bad.

Sunny brought her hands up for high five. Sehun merely nodded, as he was busily looking for a certain face among the crowd. She has not arrived yet. “God have my eternal gratitude for granting my wish! It’s as if it was just yesterday when they were teasing each other in the park.”

 “Sehun, what is happening?” Sunny asked, as she noticed the dark clouds forming not far from them. The winds were moving stronger by the moment. She faced Sehun whose face was wet with tears. Sunny felt bad for her friend. She knew that Sehun loves the girl so much, but now she’s getting married. “Sehun, you should be happy for her. I know that—”

“You don’t know anything! She will die tonight, Sunny-ah! How do you expect me to be happy tonight?!” Sehun yelled at her, tears were visible in his eyes. “She will die, just before she gets married!” Sehun stood up and walked away.

“Sehun! Wait! Don't leave me again!” Sunny tried to stop him, but he disappeared too soon.

Sehun found Tiffany just the right time. She had just finished her make-up and was now boarding the car. As he stared at her, he thought that Tiffany would be the most beautiful angel there will ever be. However, he thought about Tiffany herself. She had always dreamed of getting married and having kids. He had watched her all those times, he knows all of her dreams, all of her wishes, and he felt really bad that she would not be able to achieve those dreams. Sehun was tearing up, as Tiffany silently recited another prayer.

Sehun made up his mind. As her guardian angel, he will always be by her side. He will light her way. He will guard her from all danger. He may not be able to rule and guide her heart after that day, but he is willing to sacrifice his own life for her to live her dreams.

 

Los Angeles, California, 2015

It was a breaking dawn when he was sent there. He didn’t know what happened to his last assignment, he didn’t even know what he is doing in Los Angeles, California in 2015. All he knows is that God gave him a second chance.

Just then, he heard a loud piercing cry of a baby. It was painfully ringing in his ears, as if it was looking for his presence. Sehun ran to where the voice came from. He reached the room at the end of the corridor. He entered the room, and found the baby girl. The baby stopped crying as soon as he stepped inside the room at the same time the baby was safely wrapped around the mother’s warm embrace.

“Jagiya, she looks just like you.” The father peered over to his wife’s arm.

“She looks more like you.” The mother said weakly. Something inside him stirred wildly. Sehun looked at the mother warily. He could not remember when he saw the mother’s face, but she looks familiar.

“What should we call her?” The mother asked the father. Sehun stared at them. He knew the voice deep down in his heart, he just doesn’t know why, when, and where.

“Welcome back, Sehun-ah.” Sehun turned around and found an old friend of him.

“Sunny.” Sehun smiled at her, who gave him a weak smile in return.

She watched Sehun's lone figure enter the room, and disappear behind its walls. She sighed. She had always loved him. Even after he disappeared and reappeared every now and then because of his curse, she will always be there for him.

It was more than three decades ago when they had received their first assignment. Sehun was not meant to fall in love with any human being. But he did, up to the extent that he is willing to sacrifice his own life for his assignment. He is supposed to be exiled, if not for her. She persuaded God to spare him, and decided to punish him eternally. His suffering would never end. And so as hers.

 

author's note
How was it? I hope it is not bad. Please do tell me what you think! I just can't see myself doing a Sehun fic without Tiffany in it. Hehe. It is one of the few EXOshidae ships that I am sailing. asddsajhkl Please forgive me ;~;
to: hideandseeker; i hope you liked it.
next: sunny & luhan