↪ [kris] revelries 1/2

insseonity // a collection {UNDER CONSTRUCTION}

Revelries 1/2

“General Wu?”

Miss Sunny Lee’s head swiftly turned to the gossiping ladies in the center of the room. Her own sister is in the center of the group, along with the other notable ladies in the country. She watched the ladies giggled their red faces while talking about the rumored General that will come at the revelry at the Kim’s.

Sunny went to her room that she shared with her own sister. Her mind was filled with the thoughts of the rumored visitor. “It’s been four years since he served in the militia,” she mumbled to herself while looking at the expanse of land outside the manor.

“Tae, will you be coming at the Kim’s this evening?”

“Of course, Sun! They said that a General is expected to come—and with good fortune. He must be looking for a bride.” Her sister grinned before grabbing a crimson ribbon in her cabinet. “We’ll be visiting the Choi’s for new ribbons. You’d like to come?” Taeyeon asked as Sunny helped her tie the ribbon around her waist.

“I still have beautiful ones. I’ll stay.”

“Okay then! Make sure you get your make-up done, huh? I hope the General will be as handsome as his name.”

“What is his name?”

“They said that he goes by General Wu. That’s all I have.” Taeyeon kissed her in the cheeks before leaving the room.

 

 

Everyone was dancing happily when a group of militia in red liveries came. The music stopped, and the ladies and gentlemen on the floor immediately made way for them to meet the host of the party.

Sunny had her eyes locked on one specific soldier, the one whose features are the most striking, the one with the outstanding bearing, and the tallest among the group. The pair of eyes met with hers, an obscure line of current locked their gazes. She politely dropped the gaze, her cheeks burning in bashfulness.

The music and dancing continued as soon as the Kim’s met the men in red. Taeyeon instinctively grabbed a hold of Sunny’s hand and pulled her out of the dance, and they walked to join the Kim’s. Sunny watched in jealousy as the tallest bent down to kiss her best friend’s hand.

“Do you remember Yifan? Mother and Father funded his trainings. It’s just four years and he’s already a general.” Taeyeon whispered on Sunny’s ears, just in time that the group of men turned towards them. Their gazes met again, this time, it was him who dropped it.

 

 

“Milady, may I have this dance with you?” Kris smiled at his own childhood friend, a friend that he had missed for four years.

“Yes, you may.” The lady formally said and took his hands, and they travelled together on the floor.

“It’s been four years, Yifan.” Sunny said, her eyes avoiding his. The music started. It was a slow dance.

“I haven’t been called Yifan for a long time.” Kris grinned.

“Why didn’t you write to me—to us?” Sunny asked, her eyes now not leaving his.

“Did you miss me?” Kris tightened his arms around her waist. He noticed how her face reddened at his sudden actions. “I missed you.”

“Serving in the militia is not good for you, General. You’ve grown proud.” Kris let out a laugh. Sunny just stared at him.

“It was my mistake to leave you. You’ve grown indifferent.” It was Sunny’s turn to laugh.

“And what are you suggesting with your words?” She asked; they are now smiling to each other. Kris didn’t answer her question and they just beamed at each other while their bodies danced to the music.

“Will you meet me after this dance?”

“I will.”

They moved with the music with grace. They are just friends, who missed each other for four years. The people who knew them see two friends catching up on each other’s life. Others may see them as couples who are enjoying their night. The unknown guests see them as lovers lost in their own world.

 

 

Kris watched her lonely figure exit the bright halls to the courtyard, walking up to him with her face smiling so brightly. He had loved this person the longest in his life. He doesn’t know his parents, and he doesn’t even know how he got with the Lee’s. All he knew is that he’s Chinese, miles away from his own land.

Sunny had the same feeling as his; the difference is that she realized that feeling four years ago, when he had left them for the service. She is eighteen now, and during those four years, emotions and boys have come and gone.

“I missed you.” Sunny melted the ice between them when they are deeper in the courtyard, away from the peering eyes of the guests. Sunny looked at him, he was staring at her.

Kris suddenly stopped walking. He held her hand for the third time that night. Sunny still gets butterflies in her stomach. “I take back what I said earlier, Miss Lee.” Kris said. Sunny looked at him in confusion. He looked deep in her eyes before saying, “You’ve grown beautiful.” Sunny could not help but blush at his words.

They stood frozen at their places, staring at each other. Kris’s free hand reached for her cheeks, caressing them for the first time. Sunny brought her own hand against his, feeling the warmth of his hand, affectionately looking at him. Kris took this opportunity to place a kiss on her lips, which she replied with her own.

 

author's note
Did it took me too much time to update? I hope not. Since my OTP is SunKris, I decided to write about them first in this collection. Part two will be up soon when I feel like it. Or should I leave it like that? Hehe~ I will put the latest pairing on the tags and change them whenever I update another one.
next: sunny & sehun