Chapter 5;

Love is Virtual

L.Joe slightly squinted his eyes when a little ball of pink fluff crashed into him. "S-Sorry.." came someone's voice but before he could reply, Han-bi came running towards him.

"OPPA~ That rude dwarf knocked into you! Bow and apologise!" Han-bi glared at the innocent, clueless Ji-eun.

"Wait wha--" L.Joe's words got cut off as Chanhee glared back at Han-bi.

"Yah, we already apologised and it was an innocent mistake. You're the adult here, so act your age. Ji-eun, let's go. I don't want you around bad company." Chanhee retorted at Han-bi.

L.Joe watched in awe as he witnessed the stranger told Han-bi off. He really wanted to cheer but before he could (L.Joe wondered why he couldn't talk much today), Han-bi screeched, "DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM?!"

L.Joe winced and shut his eyes tight; this was what he had to endure every single day after they get married for real. However, his eyes immediately opened again as he heard the other male hiss, "No, I don't know, but I know who are you like. You are like the irritating stuck in my teeth. Annoying and unsightly. Ji-eun, let's g--"

Ji-eun then spoke up, "Oppa, that's a teacher from my school! Mr Byunghun!" 

Oh? L.Joe turned to look at the little girl. She wasn't from his class but her age certainly proves that she was part of the same school L.Joe taught in. Also, she knew his real name (which he goes by in school). Pretty legit.

He watched the eyebrows of the amazing male (he decided to call him ama-le because amazing + male) furrow. "Your teacher certainly has bad taste. Let me quickly fetch you to school. But first, greet your teacher good-bye. We don't want you in trouble after all this.."

L.Joe then shook his head fervently, "She wouldn't get in trouble.. In fact, I'm pleased with her and.. you."

Chanhee scrunched his nose and whispered to Ji-eun, "Say thank you."

Ji-eun then bowed and mumbled her thanks before bidding good-bye to a groaning L.Joe and a whining Han-bi.

"What a weird couple, Oppa. Mr Byunghun is rather emotionless but his girlfriend sure is a monster." Ji-eun puffed her cheeks up.

Indeed, Chanhee thought they were a pretty weird couple. The man didn't look angry at all; just irritated with his girlfriend whereas the girlfriend was just a girl-zilla. "Neh, never grow up to be like her, alright?" Chanhee ruffled Ji-eun's hair before fetching her to school. 

~

L.Joe managed to convince Han-bi to return home without his company as he drove to the school, head-hurting from her voice.

Finally, away from Han-. How did I even survive the week before?

Sighing to himself, he then recognised Ji-eun as she ran to her group of friends. He was rather curious about the ama-le that was with her previously. Something about the male intrigued him and he found the other's aura pretty familar. Shaking the thought away, he quickly remembered, "Chanhee!"

Students eyed him weirdly as he scurried to the teacher's office and his computer.

~

(2) NEW E-MAILS

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Dear Mr. L.Joe,

I have a rather good news for you. I'm coming back to Korea this week! Finally away from the 'Joe times'!

Regards,

Chanhee (USA, but not for long)

~

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

L.Joe..

Is everything alright? Did you read my previous e-mail? It might have been eaten up by the hungry Internet..

Regards,

Chanhee (USA, but not for long)

~

L.Joe bit his lips worriedly. It had been a week since Chanhee e-mailed him. And in his e-mails, Chanhee was anxious and curious about him. 

I hope he hasn't forgotten about me.. Aish, stupid WIFI-less resort.

He quickly sent back a quick reply.

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected] 

Dear Chanhee, 

It's me, L.Joe. I know it had been a week since I had replied you and I kinda owe you many answers. I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly and I hope you haven't forgotten about me.

PS: Welcome back to Korea! Glad you are away from 'the Joe times'.

Regards,

L.Joe

~

Chanhee drove back to the office and saw his inbox: (1) NEW E-MAIL.

Tilting his head to the side, he opened it and saw a reply. A late-by-one-week-which-made-him-so-uptight-aimless-miserable reply. Quickly clicking it (he had actually wanted to be cool about it but, no), he read the reply and sighed in relief. At least he knew 2 things now. L.Joe didn't forget about him and L.Joe was safe and sound. His fingers soon typed a reply, but he didn't know what to say.

Should I be cool? Or excited and happy? Or emo and pissed off?

Chanhee pouted but then finally came up with one (after 28515151262694841 drafts).

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

I hate you.

PS: I still hate you.

No more regards for you because you made me worried and upset and lost confidence that virtual friendships work,

Chanhee

 

A/N: /cheers/ I updated :3 ENJOY~ SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT.