Chapter 3;

Love is Virtual

Chanhee smiled happily to himself as he received a call from his boss: he was going back to Korea this week. Chanhee mumbled to himself blissfully, "Back to my hometown, away from the land of 'Joe Times'."

As he said 'Joe', Chanhee was reminded of 'L.Joe'. Thinking about the other, Chanhee tried to imagine how the other would look like. *Would he have freckles all over his face? What's his hair colour? Would he be tall, or short? Would he be plump or thin? Would h--*

Chanhee's train of thoughts were cut as he received an e-mail; it was his family wishing him a safe journey back home.

Chanhee then sat down and sent a quick reply to his family before finding himself typing to L.Joe.

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Dear Mr. L.Joe,

I have a rather good news for you. I'm coming back to Korea this week! Finally away from the 'Joe times'!

Regards,

Chanhee (USA, but not for long)

~

Normally, L.Joe would reply the e-mail in less than an hour but it has been long since the other replied. Chanhee sighed as he checked the time he sent the e-mail. 3 hours ago. Sighing to himself, Chanhee wondered, *Maybe he's just busy at work!*

However, after waiting for awhile longer (and by that, Chanhee waited for another 2 minutes), Chanhee bit his lips and counted the time back in Korea. *It would probably be 9pm in Korea.. After office hours.. Where is he though? D-DID SOMETHING HAPPEN?!?!* Bad thoughts ran through Chanhee's mind as he quickly took out his laptop to send another e-mail to the other.

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

L.Joe..

Is everything alright? Did you read my previous e-mail? It might have been eaten up by the hungry Internet..

Regards,

Chanhee (USA, but not for long)

~

Pouting to himself, Chanhee waited again for a reply but there was none. Chanhee started to get worried. *Has he.. forgotten about me? Does he not want to exchange e-mails anymore? B-But why am I so surprised.. I'm not even a real friend to him. I'm probably just someone over the Web who he could use to pass time.. Maybe he found someone better? Someone more entertaining to talk to? Maybe he got bored with me..?*

Chanhee sighed as he wondered why he was so affected by a mere virtual friend. He then wondered were they even counted as friends. Feeling useless and drained, Chanhee dragged his feet to his bed and tossed and his bed, only able to sleep after much difficulty.

The next morning, Chanhee immediately ran to his laptop to check for any replies but there were none. Feeling another headache coming up, Chanhee gave himself a pep talk, "Lee Chanhee. Remember this. He is just a virtual friend. You ought to stop trusting everyone and anyone because they will leave in the e--"

However, before Chanhee could finish his self pep talk, a notification on his laptop popped up: NEW E-MAILS (1)

Chanhee ran to the laptop before he saw an advertisment e-mail and sighed, frowning. After more lazing around in the house, it was time for Chanhee to pack up and go back to Korea.

"I'm forgetting you, stupid L . J O E." Chanhee mumbled as he thought of e-mails they had exchanged and how much fun he had talking to L.Joe. It was all over anyway.

Chanhee then returned to Korea with a heavy heart.

Maybe what everyone said was right. Never make friends online because you will never know who they are. Or when they would just leave you.

 

A/N: A SHORT AND DEPRESSING CHAPTER. IN CONTRARY TO THE MOOD OF THIS, IT'S TEEN TOP'S 3RD ANNIVERSARY TODAY!!!! #T3ENTOP TEEN TOP FIGHTING <3 Just a short update to carry the story to another level and a reward for you beloved subscribers. I have to fulfill my ChunJoe needs so badly because they are just so precious and-- okay I ought to stop rambling. I LOVE YOU GUYS! SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. ENJOY.