Chapter 1;

Love is Virtual

Chanhee scoffed as he read a horrible magazine, 'The Joe Times'. Going to the United States of America for a long business trip, the 27-year-old banking executive decided to subscribe to an American magazine reaching out to the Korean population in the Americas. Alas, to his utmost disappointment, all the magazine talked about was how to order Kimchi.

"You so do not just say, Annyeonghaseyo, can I get some kimchi. This is a load of crap." Chanhee threw the magazine to the side, realising that he needed better resource to get use to his life in America.

But the first thing he would do was to unsubscribe to the magazine. A waste of money, sighed the banking executive.

Taking out his laptop, Chanhee decided to write an e-mail to the magazine's company, wishing to unsubscribe to 'The Joe Times' as soon as possible.

3 January 2013

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

This is Lee Chanhee here. I have just subscribed to your seemingly full of knowledge and wisdom-filled magazine, 'The Joe Times' but after excitedly ripping up the packaging and starting to read the magazine, it was just a fantastic magazine full of nonsense and idiocy. I would like to withdraw my subscription immediately. I don't need a refund but please stop mailing this crap to XXX USA XXX. Thank you for your kind attention.

Yours sincerely,

Lee Chanhee (USA)

~

3 February 2013

To: [email protected]  

From: [email protected]

Are you guys stupid or something--

Let me rephrase that. Last month, I sent an email to your company that I would like to withdraw my subscription of your horrendous 'The Joe Times' magazine. However, your company insists on sending me a copy of your February issue. I would not like to read this crap and so, please do not send me any more copies. I HEREBY, WITHDRAW MY DAMNED SUBSCRIPTION.

Yours not very sincerely,

Lee Chanhee (USA)

~

5 March 2013

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Can I fugging cry?

STOP SENDING ME YOUR STUPID MAGAZINES UGH. THEY BALLS.

Thank you,

Lee Chanhee (USA)

~

6 March 2013

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Dear Lee Chanhee,

You might have gotten the address a tad wrong. My name is L.Joe, hence the email: [email protected]. You are probably meant to sent these emails to '[email protected]'. I thought you would correct the email address after one time but seeing your latest email which was full of hot fury, I don't think you did.

I sincerely apologise for your eyes who have read 'The Joe Times' a couple of times due to the failed withdrawal.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

30 minutes later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Dear Mr. L.Joe,

I am so, so, so sorry that you had to receive my fury of fire so many times.. I really didn't mean to write that load of to you but it's just that my fourth finger has a tendency to lean on the keyboard as I type with my index finger, middle finger and my pinky. (I think it just doesn't want to be left out). So while I was typing 'thejoetimes', it accidentally landed on the alphabet key 'l', hence, I emailed you instead. I sincerely apologise for the mistake and this must be why that hell of a magazine is still lying on my couch.

I will make the changes as soon as possible (actually right now because I do not want the magazine to ever be in front of my gorgeous face again) to withdraw my subscription.

Thank you for notifying me.

Yours sincerely,

Lee Chanhee (USA)

~

10 minutes later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Dear Lee Chanhee,

Thank you for your enriching lesson on how your fingers work. I hope you really do unsubscribe to 'The Joe Times'. From what you mention, it must have been a terrible magazine! What intrigues me is that your name sounds Korean but there is always a USA title when you sign off. Don't blame me for my invasion of privacy though. I'm not the CSI or anything.

I was actually enjoying the enriching lesson because finally, I can experience being a student until I read your sudden boost of self-confidence. Are you really gorgeous? I don't believe this unreliable source.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

3 minutes later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Dear L.Joe,

Yes, it was indeed, a terrible magazine. Never, ever subscribe to it. I really hope you aren't a CSI, in case 'The Joe Times' decide to sue me for slander (but really, it ) and I just openly slandered that terrible magazine in front of the police. Ahh.. you see, I'm from Korea but right now, I'm in the US for a business trip. Your name sounds English though. I really want to meet fellow Koreans here (which is the reason why I subscribed to 'The Joe Times', hoping to get some Koreans in the Americas advice but no, it was once again, a load of crap).

Hm? What do you mean finally experience being a student? And don't worry, I'm sure I would be able to give you another enriching lesson on my fingers but please, I'm the most reliable source on Earth. How can I make you believe me, then?

Yours sincerely,

Lee Chanhee

~

10 minutes later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Dear Lee Chanhee,

You must be in luck because

1) I'm not the CSI. Don't worry, I wouldn't catch you for slander.

2) I'm actually a Korean but because I studied in the US, hence my 'english' name. I might actually give you my Korean name if we become close enough, but let's see about that. I can give you advice as a Korean who lived in the US so you can stop relying on stupid magazines like 'The Joe Times' etc.

I'm actually a teacher. An English teacher in a Korean middle school to be specific. Hmm, I don't mind a picture of your gorgeousness b--

Ah, sorry I got to go now.

I will talk to you soon though.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

Chanhee laughed a little as he read the emails exchanged between him and 'L.Joe'. It was great to be able to communicate with someone who is a fellow Korean and lived in the US previously. However, Chanhee wondered a little at the abrupt stop of the email but shrugged. 'Shouldn't be anything much..' Chanhee thought to himself as he threw out all 'The Joe Times' magazines into the recycling bins.

 

A/N: YOU GUYS ROCK SO HARD. Thank you for believing in me and subscribing even before I posted any chapters! Here's the first chapter! I have to say, this story is a little different from my normal ones, but I hope you guys will enjoy it all the same! SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. ENJOY.