Watch Out!

✉ "Dear Aunty Kris..." ✉

You pushed the button on your shrieking Hello Kitty alarm clock down and sat up on your bed, stretching your arms. 

 
It was the first day of school, and you would never want to be late. Who would have a good impression on one who does that, anyway?
 
You unwillingly dragged your sleepy body to your closet, grabbed the hanger holding your back-to-school outfit and headed towards your bathroom. After a good 30mins, you finally emerged from the shower, strands of hair hung down loosely from the towel wrap you did on your hair. Sitting in front of your dresser, you removed your towel, letting your beautiful brown locks cascade down your back. Thank goodness today was a good hair day. Smiling to yourself, you put on some simple make up. You never liked looking too over. Sweet and simple was your style. Finally you dabbed your cheeks with a little blusher and you got up, positioning yourself in front of your full-length mirror. 
 
Your hair was up in a messy bun, you had this really cute long-sleeved collared Peter Pan pullover on, and you were wearing a pink suspender skirt to give that cute schoolgirl look. Resting on both shoulders was your brown backpack, and you already had in mind which pair of shoes to match. Pleased with how you look, you quickly got downstairs, humming a happy tune while greeting your parents. 
 
Before you could sit down, your parents already finished their meal and they got up, leaving for work. 
You parents could see that you were in a good mood. You stopped in front of your dad, who was getting his briefcase, and gave him a morning hug. Then you walked to your mom, and planted a kiss on cheek cheek. You pouted, feeling upset that you couldn't even have breakfast in time with them. Being the only child, your parents gave you the best they could afford, but you wanted most was for them to stay by your side, and you were already lucky enough to have that. Well, occasionally.
 
Your housekeeper, Lee Sora served you your breakfast. "You look wonderful today, Mi Eun," she complimented, giving you her signature eye-smile. Of course, being an only child, you would feel lonely at times, but Sora was just like your older sister. You could confide in her and she would give you the best advice ever. And you were glad you had her in your life. 
 
You were halfway into your sunny side-up egg and gulping down your orange juice, when the doorbell rang. Sora rushed to get the door and in came Yixing, taking off his beanie while scratching his head, looking as clueless as ever. You laughed and quickly gobbled down your breakfast, then giving Sora a hug before walking towards Yixing. 
 
"Good morning Yixing!" You put both hands on his shoulder and said, "You look cute today!" Yixing put his beanie back on and smiled shyly, showing the dimples which had the power to make girls fangirl over. "Good morning to you too, Mi Eun! You look cute too!" 
 
You didn't blush at his comment, though. The two of you childhood best friends - neighbours, to add - and the relationship between you two was purely platonic. Coincidentally, the two of you got into the same college as well. Putting on your suede boots, you swung the front door open and pushed Yixing out, while saying your goodbye to Sora again. "Have fun at school, Mi Eun!" She called out from the kitchen and you laughed back in response. 
 
The walk to school was just 10mins. You started feeling a little nervous. You were shy and awkward to strangers, but you loved making new friends. On the other hand, Yixing was excited at the aspect of a new environment. He was friendly and outgoing, hence making friends was never his worry. You played with your fingers, a habit you did whenever you felt nervous, while Yixing filled you in with his holiday adventures. Noticing you were silent and glancing at your hands, he chuckled as he pried your hands apart. Stopping on the pavement, he placed his hands on your shoulder this time, and bent down. "Everything will be alright, Mi Eun! You're so adorable, I'm sure everyone will love you," he said sincerely, looking in your eyes. "I hope so," you replied, giving him a small smile. Some butterflies in your stomach flew away at his words. 
 
"Kaja," Yixing grinned, grabbing your arm and resuming the walk. 
 
Finally you reached your new school. Many students were streaming into the school. It seemed like a bustling first Day. You marveled over its large campus and stood there outside the General Office for a while. Yixing told you to wait for him as he had some registration to complete. You were admiring the many framed certificates and trophies along the "Hall of Fame" when you happened to look up. Everything happened quickly. 
 
"Watch out!" He cried out, but it was too late. He crashed into you, spilling both your books and files on the floor. Ouch. You winced, but he didn't seem to notice the look on your face. "Aish," he mumbled to himself, bending down and picking up his stuff. 
 
You were still in shock, and started squatting down to pick up his files first. "Ah, mianhae, mianhae!" You apologized profusely though it wasn't really your fault. "Nah, it's okay, I crashed into you," he gave a short reply, looking at you before collecting the papers that spilled out from his files. The moment his eyes locked into yours, you swallowed. This guy is hot! You could feel yourself checking him out, your eye traveling down his face, observing his features. He had nicely shaped eyebrows that weren't too thick, a pair of beautiful brown orbs, a high nose bridge and y lips. Not to mention his skin was flawless - fair and blemish free, not a single pimple in sight. You blinked several times, trying to focus on picking up your books. He then stood up, apologizing once more and explaining that he was in a rush and had to get going, before flashing you another killer smile. You nodded and before you could get over that smile, he was already running off. "... Annyeong..." You said softly, staring at him as he slowly disappeared away from your sight. 
 
Sighing, you then packed your books and file neatly into one stack and stood up. Lay then rejoined you and tapped on your shoulder, motioning you to go. You hugged your stuff and nodded, before noticing an unfamiliar yellow file in your hands.
 
 
Kris rushed into his homeroom just before the teacher arrived. Smiling to himself, he plopped himself down in an unoccupied seat and put his files down. However, something seemed amiss. He quickly looked through the many files on his table, and he groaned when he realized what was it. He is going to be in hot soup. 
 
~
 
You stared at the yellow file titled "Private & Confidential", and you knew the guy you bumped into just now would definitely be panicking right now.