Chapter 8

Locker Room Love

 

“You didn’t!” Kyungsoo squealed as Sehun passed him his grilled cheese. It was the one food that Sehun was capable of making, and he was damn proud of it. It also meant they didn’t have to eat the god awful cafeteria food because they had their own (illegal) hot plate in their dorm.

Sehun and Kyungsoo sat on Kyungsoo’s bed, surrounded by empty wrappers of candy. They had decided to mix it up and eat ‘dessert’ first.

“I did. I dropped the bath robe to the floor and walked into the shower stark . I didn’t look back but I could feel their eyes on me. I don’t think it happens often that teammate’s strip so openly. My bare behind will forever burned into their minds and I feel like it was a great triumph for my cause.” Sehun explained, smiling satisfactorily.

“You’re a brave man, Sehun. I wouldn’t have been able to do that if my life depended on it.” Kyungsoo complimented, looking sheepishly down at his delicious sandwich. For a moment he actually didn’t feel like eating, but then he munched down on it, and he felt much better.

“You ok, Kyungie?” Sehun asked, noting his friend’s momentary reluctance to eat the food. It was entirely out of character and it concerned Sehun.

“My guitar broke… when I fell. I had to use a replacement today in band and it just felt super weird.” Kyungsoo answered, solemnly.

“That , man. It feels a bit weird for me to play without my converse but at the same time, they destroyed my feet. So, I had to give them up.” Sehun responded but then he realized it wasn’t exactly the same thing.

Knock Knock Knock

Both Kyungsoo and Sehun’s heads snapped toward their door suspiciously, but when they heard feet running away they knew they wouldn’t be having a guest, it had simply been a delivery.

Sehun rose to his feet but Kyungsoo stopped him. “I want to get it.” He said, with an excited smile on his face.

Sehun couldn’t deprive his friend of the experience, so he sat back down and gestured toward the door.

Kyungsoo scampered toward the door, and opened it. There wasn’t a box this time, only a simple envelope. He picked it up slowly and walked it toward the bed. Something about the letter didn’t seem threatening at all, if not the opposite. He handed it to Sehun and then climbed back up onto the bed.

“You don’t have to read it aloud if you don’t want to.” Kyungsoo said softly, understanding if Sehun didn’t want to share it with him.

“Anything that my team full of tormentors feel like sharing with me, I can share with you too.” Sehun responded, opening the envelope. Kyungsoo began to squirm in anticipation.

Sehun read the letter aloud:

Sehun,

The bath robe wasn’t meant to mock you. I take from the show you put on that you think it’s the team’s way of making fun of you. I’m working as an individual and I never wanted anything like that to happen. I’m sorry for the miscommunication and I hope you can forgive me.

Sincerely, someone who cares

Kyungsoo had basically bitten his fingernails down to the stubs listening to his friend reading the letter. “So, that’s the alias then! ‘Someone who cares’! Oh, this is all so mysterious…” Kyungsoo chattered, as Sehun lowered the letter.

Sehun was very pale. He had essentially flashed his entire team and for no good reason. They probably thought he was insane. He thought it was bizarre that the anonymous gift-giver was signing as ‘someone who cares’ when they had essentially gotten him into an awful situation. How was he going to explain his odd antics?

“I don’t like it. It’s creepy and I want it to stop.” Sehun snapped, crumpling up the letter and tossing it aside.

Kyungsoo scowled, the whole thing was so enthralling and Sehun didn’t want anything to do it. It perplexed him. Kyungsoo grabbed the letter off the floor and flattened it out with his hands.

“No, it’s not. Whoever wrote it feels bad, they sound like they felt really guilty. Sehun, I think you’re making too fast of a judgment right now. Open your mind to the idea that this could be someone who’s actually just trying to help you out.” Kyungsoo explained, running his fingers over the words curiously.

Sehun escaped from Kyungsoo’s bed and dove into his own, pulling the covers up to his ears. “You are such a hypocrite.” He muttered, narrowing his eyes at Sehun.

“I’m different than you are. You don’t have trouble making friends and …. on the bright side, your team doesn’t hate you.” Kyungsoo exclaimed, a smile fresh on his lips.

Sehun felt something inside himself perk up a bit, Kyungsoo’s positive attitude really was infectious.  “That’s true… thanks Kyungie.” Sehun said sincerely.

Kyungsoo pushed himself off his own bed and brought the letter over to Sehun’s bedside table.

“Good night, Sehun.” He whispered before turning off the light and returning back to is own bed.

Much, much later…

In the dead of the night, the attack began. Sehun was tied up in ropes and blindfolded as Kyungsoo’s scream ripped through the night.

In desperation for quiet, the invaders blindfolded and tied up the boy too, lugging him along to the meeting spot as well.

But Sehun wasn’t going down without a fight, he kicked, bit and writhed as much as he could in an attempt to get away from his attackers but it was all in vain. He didn’t stop squirming until a soft hand slipped into his. He couldn’t tell who it was but it made him feel much better.

The two best friends were set down in chairs, Kyungsoo still wailing in absolute fear. The hand left Sehun's and he suddenly felt very alone.  Cold water splashed on their faces and Sehun gasped in surprise. They had been untied but the blindfold remained. Kyungsoo was crying by now and Sehun remembered how the supportive hand had calmed him down so he reached out toward Kyungsoo’s. Kyungsoo took Sehun’s hand and squeezed it tightly. He was terrified and Sehun’s gasp comforted him greatly.

A breeze danced along the back’s of the both of their necks, sending shivers down their spines.

“Welcome.” An eerie voice played in their ears. Sehun wanted desperately to see their captors but the blindfolds veiled their view.

Sehun decided to choose another tactic: the sense of touch. He kicked off his socks and let his bare toes run along the ground below them. It felt familiar, rough and cold. It took a moment but he soon realized where they were: the football field.

“Rookies must be initiated onto the Busan Prep Senior soccer team by showing their true courage and prowess.” The same voice as before explained.

Sehun then realized the voice belonged to Luhan. As acting captain, he was obviously obligated to run the initiation. From the distant tone of Luhan’s voice, Sehun knew that his friend didn’t enjoy the task. Sehun could tell that there were more than just Kyungsoo and he under the pressure of initiation, he could hear at least five more people squirming nervously in their chairs around them.

“You must get the football in front of you into the net on the opposite side of the filed. You must do so, blind, but there also will be many obstacles along the way. You have fifteen minutes. Begin!” Luhan instructed and blew a whistle to as a secondary signal to let them know that they could move.

Sehun was on his feet in seconds, still clutching onto Kyungsoo’s hand. The rest of the rookies didn’t have a hysterical Kyungsoo to drag around with them, which Sehun envied greatly.

Sehun reached his foot out to feel for the footballs and passed one into Kyungsoo’s hand for him to hold.

“Grab onto my bed shirt. Hopefully they won’t be opposed to this considering that you aren’t even on the team…” Sehun grumbled as they began to move forward, at least he thought they were going forward.

On the sidelines, Kai and Luhan were scowling at the process. They remembered the sheer torture of the blind conquest. Luhan had been the only one in his year to make it across and all Kai could remember was cowering in the darkness.

It was an unfair ritual but Xiumin insisted on the boy’s performing it to break in the rookies, so the captain did what he was told and arranged the event. Luhan’s guilt raged as he saw Sehun and Kyungsoo stumbling across the field.

Luhan looked at Kai who was biting his lip in utter concern. But he wasn’t looking at Sehun, his eyes were watching Kyungsoo intently. The uncoordinated boy was having trouble keep up with his agile friend, and Luhan could see that.

“Go.” He instructed to the goalie and Kai sped of into the field.

“Why are we here? This is why I don’t trust them…” Kyungsoo whispered angrily, scared tears still running down his face.

“Everyone had to do it, Kyungsoo. I’m sorry you had to be here for it but every sports team does it. I should have  anticipated it earlier.” Sehun responded, alternating between kicking his football and leading Kyungsoo.

“It was an attack. It’s not your fault.” Kyungsoo answered, not wanting his friend to feel guilty for what their captors were doing to them.

Suddenly, Sehun tripped over something hard. The palms of his hands crashed into the turf and it ripped flesh burned incessantly. His eyes teared up and he stayed motionless for a second before realizing he had to find his football.

Sehun began to clamor around on his hands and knees, searching blindly for the football. It couldn’t end so soon when he was so determined to succeed. His hand finally landed on something football-esque and he cried out “Yes!” triumphantly.

That’s when he noticed that Kyungsoo wasn’t holding on to his shirt anymore.

“Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo?!?” He screamed into what felt like nothingness. No one responded. And he felt utterly alone.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N Hey guy! Okay, just a quick note, I post fanfics in a lot of different fandoms under a lot of different aliases, so if a name is wrong or a place doesn't make sense etc. I do apologize. I try to double check everything I write but sometimes I make mistakes or get confused. So, please tell! It is very much appreciated so I can go back and fix the mistake. This fic is highest on my priority list so I update it before any of my other ones. Thank you soo much for your support! I hope you continue to comment but most of all enjoy!!!!!

VIPnzLOVE