Chapter 15

Locker Room Love

 

“Kai! Stop it!”

Kyungsoo’s voice carried into the dorm room where Sehun had just realized that Luhan was ‘someone who cares’. Or, at least, that’s what the song lead him to believe.

Sehun quickly stashed his laptop underneath his pillow. He was in panic mode, even there was no real reason for it. His instinct told him to keep his speculation to himself for the time being.

“Why?” Kai’s voice teased. Sehun could heard Kyungsoo attempt to protest and then he went silent.

What the hell was going on out there?

Sehun quickly ran to the door and threw it open. Kyungsoo and Kai fell backward into the room, lips still pressed together.

“Oh my god.. I’m so sorry.” Sehun stammered as Kai rolled off of poor little Kyungsoo.

“We’re, uh, we were just…” Kai started to explain. He scrambled to his feet.

 Kyungsoo cut him off with a raised hand, from the floor. “Together. And proudly so.”

Sehun was ecstatic for his best friend and his teammate, but at the same time he was dreadfully jealous. And yet, he still managed to put a giant smile on his face.

“That’s awesome, guys. I’m so happy for you.”

Kai visibly relaxed at the positive reaction while Kyungsoo attacked Sehun with a hug.

When Kyungsoo pulled away from Sehun, he noticed something flicker in his friend’s eye.

“What are you keeping from me?” He demanded, crossing his arms sternly.

Sehun was stunned. Although he did remember that Kyungsoo had an uncanny sense to of reading people.

“Erm, nothing.” Sehun lied, his eyes darting away from the other two guys in the room.

Kyungsoo didn’t understand why Sehun wouldn’t just come out with it. “Is it because Kai’s here? Kai, can you leave?”

“It’s not about Kai!” Sehun objected.

He saw that Kyungsoo’s demand had hurt Kai’s feelings so he looked over at him sympathetically.

“It’s something about ‘someone who cares’. It has to be!” Kyungsoo concluded. He clapped his hands together excitedly.

 

“I’m so lost… who?” Kai asked, a confused look on his face.

Kyungsoo grinned, excited to share the situation with a fresh pair of eyes. “Somebody’s been sending Sehun gifts since he got on the soccer team. The anonymous person signs each thing as ‘someone who cares’. It’s like a huge mystery game!”

“Kyungsoo, really?” Sehun muttered, bringing a face up to his palm.

“That’s who the cleats were from!!!” Kai realized, looking equally as excited as Kyungsoo.

Great minds think alike, Sehun thought sarcastically.

 He fell back onto his bed. He just wished he didn’t have the burden of knowing it was Luhan on his shoulders.

“Did something new come from them?” Kyungsoo inquired, jumping on the other end of Sehun’s bed.

 Sehun rubbed his temples with his hands. “No. Well, sort of. In the locker room after practice today, there was note in my locker. It said to listen to the bonus track on the CD, and so I did…”

“And?!?” Kyungsoo and Kai urged in unison.

Kai was now perched on the end of the bed too. Sehun felt like he was telling a story to a group of anxious children.

“I think I know who the person is now.”

Kyungsoo went crazy. He danced excitedly and soon, Kai joined along to the non-existent rhythm.

How was this exciting? It was terrifying!, Sehun thought, shaking his head.

Kai noticed the solemn look on Sehun’s face and quickly put a hand down on Kyungsoo’s shoulder to stop the happy dance.

“Look, I’ll go. You and Kyungsoo should talk about this. I’ll catch yah tomorrow at practice!” Kai greeted, walking toward the door, but not before sending Kyungsoo an air kiss.

Kyungsoo ‘caught’ it on his cheek, with a giggled. He twiddled his fingers adorably at Kai before Kai turned to leave.

“Dish.” Kyungsoo ordered.

Sehun hesitated. It’s not that he didn’t trust Kyungsoo, it was that he didn’t want to sound crazy if he was wrong. The whole ‘Kyungsoo and Kai’ situation did give him hope though. It proved that anyone could be interested in anyone else.

He sighed. “The bonus track is a song… performed by none of than the captain of the soccer team himself, Luhan.”

“No way!” Kyungsoo gasped.

“But that’s crazy, right? It could just be a clip of him or something. I just don’t know what to do.” Sehun admitted, shaking his head.

Kyungsoo considered this and then evaluated Sehun and Luhan’s interactions in the past (Kyungsoo always had a good view of things from the bleachers)…

Luhan had given Sehun his number the first day they met.

 They were constantly messing around with each other in a more than friendly way.

Luhan cared about Sehun and it showed through his constant attention and protective nature around him. And… Luhan and Minji were no longer together.

The evidence stood.

“Luhan likes you! Oh my god!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, jumping up and down on the bed with glee.

“But… do you like him?” Kyungsoo suddenly asked, his eyes narrowing with interest.

Sehun swallowed slowly and then shrugged, “I don’t know. Maybe…?”

Kyungsoo smirked. He knew how it felt to use the ‘maybe’ card. He had been using it about Kai for the entire time they knew each other. Sehun simply needed to accept the feelings he had for Luhan. It was more than worth it.

“You totally want Luhan in your pants.” Kyungsoo accused with an evil chuckle.

Sehun shot up into a sitting position at the crude comment. He was appalled at his supposedly ‘innocent friend. “Kyungsoo! DON’T SAY STUFF LIKE THAT!”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and shrugged, bounding over to his own bed.

“Well, you already invited him into bed, so…” The boy muttered, mischievously.

“Who told you that?!?” Sehun screeched, growing more frustrated.

“A little birdie. Good night, Sehun.” Kyungsoo responded, pulling the covers up to his chin.

Sehun was stunned. Mostly because it was only seven o’clock and Kyungsoo was ready for bed. “It’s still early. And you’re already going to bed?”

“I need my beauty sleep.” Kyungsoo answered.

“You’re crazy.” Sehun quipped.

 But, when Kyungsoo turned off the light, Sehun realized just how exhausted he really was. Probably because of his emotions but he soon fell into the darkness as well.

 ~~~~

Luhan walked down the hallway of the dorm with a box in his hand.

He finally felt free. Not that the times with Minji were all bad, but he was now able to be with Sehun. If Sehun wanted to be… He still had to figure that part out.

He was so lost in his blissful world that he accidentally knocked shoulder with someone and the box fell to the ground.

“Whoa!” Luhan exclaimed, shocked by the sudden contact.

He crouched down to retrieve the box but when he came back up to see who had hit him, he saw Sehun walking in the opposite direction.

“Sehunnie…?” Luhan called after the rookie.

Panic settled in. Did Sehun see the box? Was he wondering why the hell Luhan was here? Oh god…

When Sehun didn’t respond, Luhan became quite confused. He turned around and decided to investigate. Was Sehun mad at him?

Luhan quickly stashed the box in his jacket pocket and stalked after his crush. As he caught up to him, he put a hand down on Sehun’s shoulders and twisted him around.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan implored and then saw it.

Sehun’s eyes were open but he was far-gone.

The rookie was sleepwalking. Luhan sighed, laughing at himself as he let go of his friend.

“I guess I can’t wake you up… so I’ll just make sure you’re ok.” Luhan explained to the unconscious guy.

He then realized he was essentially speaking to himself so when Sehun started off like a zombie again, he followed him silently.

Sehun continued padding along until he made it to the common room. He sat himself down on the couch and so Luhan did the same, at the other end of it.

Sehun just sat there for a while until, suddenly, he stretched out his arm and said, “I want my gift, please.”

Luhan’s breath hitched. He felt the weight of the box in his pocket but left it there. He didn’t want to reveal himself now. Not like this….

Sehun’s hand was still reached toward him but Luhan decided to ignore it. For a sleepwalker, Sehun was awfully perceptive.

“Please…?” Sehun whined.

A few students walked by and Luhan just whispered, “He’s sleepwalking.”

They laughed and then continued on their way, without another thought. Luhan was relieved.

Luhan whipped out his phone and texted Minji:

I’m here. I can’t believe you’re making me do this.

-L

Oh, it up. You started this as a harmless thing with the cleats and now you have to go through with it!

-M

But you did the other stuff! Like, the CD?

-L

I hardly had anything to do with that. You had a playlist called ‘Sehun’, so I burnt it and gave it to him. :)

-M

And the champagne…?

-L

… Was adorable and romantic! You should be appreciative!

-M

I am… sort of. But, you put the song I wrote on the CD as a bonus track. How did you even find that?

-L

Remember all those times I pretended to be an idiot on the computer? Lies. I’m an excellent hacker.

-M

You hacked my computer? You have a problem. An obsession!

-L

If the obsession is wanting my best friend to be happy, then yes, I am guilty as charged!

-M

You’re crazy.

-L

No. You are. And why are you texting me when you should be talking to him?

-M

I’m with him. But he’s sort of… unconscious.

-L

What the ? DID YOU DRUG HIM?

-M

No! Oh my god, no. Just no. He’s sleepwalking!

-L

And you’re not taking advantage of that? ;)

-M

I don’t get you. You just were upset that I ‘drugged’ him.

-L

Dirty mind. I just meant, like, ask him questions! He’d be honest with you, especially in that state!

-M

I am NOT asking him now. That’s wrong and manipulative.

-L

So is sending him gifts and notes and marking them as ‘someone who cares’!

-M

You are such a hypocrite! You did it too!

-L

Whatever, good luck with the babysitting. I’m hanging out with Xiumin tonight. We’re not exactly ‘dating’ yet but in my mind, we are! Love yah!

-M

Have fun!

-L

Luhan rolled his eyes. So much for his best friend helping him out… He began to hum absentmindedly.

That’s when he realized Sehun was staring right at him, with his head cocked to the side like a confused puppy. Sehun recognized his singing voice, which meant he had listened to the track.

Luhan just wanted to die.

Sehun suddenly stood up and began to walk back toward his dorm room. Luhan followed behind until they came to the door.

Sehun turned toward Luhan and pouted. “Please?”

Luhan couldn’t resist. He slowly took out the box and put it into Sehun’s open palm.

Sehun smiled distantly and then opened the door and essentially slammed it in Luhan’s face.

Luhan was so stunned that he was frozen in place.

The sound of the slammed door rocked Sehun out of his sleep. He saw the present in his hand and he gasped.

Quickly, he threw open the door and was met by a startled looking Luhan.

“Oh my god…” Sehun muttered.

Luhan panicked, realizing Sehun was now awake with the present in his hand.

“I h-h-have to go.” He stammered before sprinting down the hallway.

“Luhan!” Sehun called but realized it was no use. He was left more confused than ever. 


 

A/N Record comments on he last chapter!!!!! Keep it up!!!!