Ch. 6

'애인, 제발' (Aein, chebal // Darling, Please)

 

Min Seo gripped clutched her robe tighter as she made her way to her car. She couldn't stand to be in the same house as Hyun Joong for another second. The look on his face as she'd left was one she knew she wouldn't forget. The tears were threatening to spill over, but she held them back with an angry determination. She wouldn't let anything crack until she was safely in her car and gone. 

 

She heard footsteps chasing behind her and almost screamed in frustration. Leave me alone! she wanted to say. It's not worth it!

 

"Min Seo!"
She fixed a scowl on her face as he spun her around. "We're not done yet!" His voice was frustrated, desperate, and hopeful all at the same time. She could see anger on his face but tear marks as well. The sight almost did her in, but she had come this far, and she wasn't about to lose it all now. "What do you mean we're not done yet? I'm pretty sure I was perfectly clear when I told you I have someone else." Her voice was icy, and her eyes were empty of feeling. "Or did you not hear me the first time?" she sneered. 

 

"I heard you, but I still think that we're not done. Whatever happened to-"

 

"I'm going to see him now. Hyun Joong, you're holding me back." Min Seo yanked her arm from his grasp and huffed, trying hard not to look at his stricken face. "I won't say that I'm 'tired' or anything like that because you'll want to fix it and think that whatever I name you can fix. But you can't. I'm telling you now. You can't fix me not loving you. Trust me on that." 

 

She spun on her heel after that and abruptly walked away, leaving him standing there. This time, he didn't try to follow her. She got into her car, gripped the steering wheel fiercely, and cried into the soft leather. Whatever she'd had a chance at was gone now. She just hoped she hadn't damaged him beyond repair. With that desperate hope to cling to, she started her engine and drove off. Only the first part of her mission was done.