Ch. 4

'애인, 제발' (Aein, chebal // Darling, Please)

 

 

 

They broke apart, each moving to their own side of the bed and breathing hard. Min Seo swallowed and tried to calm her rapidly beating heart. Now came the hard part. "You can take the shower first," she offered. She felt the bed let up as he slid off. "Alright." 

 

 

As soon as the room was clear, she sat up and moved to the edge of the bed. She could hear the shower going, and for once she wanted him to take as long as possible. Her gaze wandered to the floor where they'd tossed their clothes, and she eyed his crumpled suit. Immediately her vision began to blur, and she shook her head. No, Min Seo. You're not allowed to cry tonight.

 

 

A few deep breaths, and the tears that had threatened to spill over subsided. She wriggled back into the dress she'd discarded and then took up her position on the bed again. Hyun Joong came out toweling his hair. He caught Min Seo's gaze and smiled. Difficult as it was, she looked him in the eye and smiled as well. She took her time getting off the bed. This is the last time I'm going to see him like this. She slipped past him into the bathroom and steeled herself for the events she knew would come now in rapid succession. She started to run the water to calm her nerves, but it didn't help much as she paced in front of the mirror and waited for his discovery.  

 

 

Outside, Hyun Joong walked over to the dresser and pulled open the drawer that had been designated as his. Strangely enough the interior was empty. "Min Seo ah."

 

She kept her eyes closed tightly from behind the bathroom door. "Yes?" 

 

"Where are my clothes?" 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"The drawer's empty." 

 

"Oh they must be at the dry cleaner's." 

 

"Arasso." He pulled open another drawer, deciding to just wear one of Min Seo's sleeping shirts instead. The soft smile vanished from his face as he looked at the contents. 

 

 

 

 

The bathroom door opened, and Min Seo came out. She had a hand towel in one hand and was ruffling her hair with the other. "I just need to get my clothes," she announced, oblivious to Hyun Joong's stare. 

 

"Min Seo." 

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"What is this?" He held up a set of nightwear, a light colored shirt and a pair of sleeping trousers in his hand. 

 

Min Seo barely glanced at it. "Oh that? I was going to give it to you sometime this week if you slept over. I just bought it."

Hyun Joong's hold on the clothes tightened. "Really. And you thought the coffee stain made it look better?" he said sarcastically. 

 

"What? Oh no, I must have missed it." She was still trying to keep her voice light. 

 

Hyun Joong shook his head. "You must not really look at clothes when you buy them then." He kept pushing with his tone. "Did you honestly get this off the rack, or did you have someone get it for you? Maybe even bring it here." He knew he sounded suspicious, and he wanted to take it back. He had actually planned on asking her quietly and being open to whatever she had to say, but now. . . The words had come pouring out before he could stop them. First the ring, and now this? He felt like he'd been punched in the gut and had a time limit for how fast he could recover before the next blow landed. 

 


Yaay. Hope everyone likes it so far. Been a little busy working on other stories and looking for a score for this one. . . 

btw, I forgot to put that the last chapter was just a flashback of Hyun Joong's. . . i will fix it.

Thanks for reading. Hope everyone's enjoying their summer so far. ^^