The Starting Line

Sweet Sorrow

Bam!!

Mrs.Lee thrown another magazine on her table in her office in the Lee’s mansion, while on the table, already placed numerous magazines and newspapers, dated today..

 

The Royal dinner turned into a one-night playground

For the first time, the homeless kids made it into the Lee’s castle?

Lee’s youngest daughter, taken from the street?

The hiding truth behind Lee’s missing daughter

Lee’s youngest daughter brought her “friends” to visit her new home?

The homeless kids, Lee’s special guests?

 

And the list… go on

 

“What is this?!” Mr.Lee snapped “we just found them two days ago, and they already caused troubles?! And even made it into the media!??”

“Didn’t I already assign you both to take care of this?!” Mrs.Lee exclaimed, shooting sharp gaze on the two silent figures who have their heads down, out of guilt “just where are you two last night?!!”

“..we’re really sorry grandma..” Taeyeon apologized.

“Sorry?! After all these news?!”

“It’s my fault, Mrs.Lee..” Hyoyeon voiced apologetically “I supposed to look after Miss Seohyun last night, but I couldn’t find her..”

“This is both your fault!!” Mrs.Kim snapped, obviously really mad for the big trouble, somehow, of course it will affect Lee’s public image.

“What are you--..*cough*..” Mrs.Lee’s word trailed, feeling her chest tightened.

“Grandma?”

“Mrs.Lee? are you okay?” Hyomin, the old lady’s personal assistant asked, walking closer to the old lady “please calm down..” she said “you will get your high blood pressure worsen..”

Mrs.Lee leaned her back on the swivel chair, calming herself down, taking a sip from the glass of water on her table, closed her eyes for a moment.

“..grandma..” Taeyeon carefully called “..are you feeling better?”

“..yes…” the old lady mumbled, letting a soft sigh after “..Tae.. are you sure that, they are your sister?”

“Yes, grandma.. I highly sure about that..” Taeyeon answered “Hyoyeon and Kahi already looking for them for years, and every evidence lead them to all the girls..” she added.

“Aside from that, we found out that three of them not having any document about their birth, and from the place we found them, they cannot give any information about the girls..” Hyoyeon continued “since they can’t give us any clue to proof that the girls are their kids, we have done DNA test and found out that they’re your missing granddaughters, Mrs.Lee..”

“They matched perfectly with your DNA..” Hyoyeon ended.

“Then, how come they ended up in their current place?” Mrs.Lee questioned “You found them all on different place, right?”

Taeyeon nodded slightly before she took a glance to her personal assistant who has her head down, maybe thinking about an answer to give to the old lady.

“..for that..” Hyoyeon voiced “..no matter how much we forced them to speak, they didn’t say a word about how the girls ended up living with them, mrs.Lee..”

“And that’s it? that’s all you can give me?” Mrs.Lee leaned closer to the desk “have you seen them all? have you seen my granddaughters?”

“Mrs.Lee-..”

“Lee Miyoung currently pissed me a lot with her rude attitude..” Mrs.Lee cut “and out of all, she is the only one who keep saying that she doesn’t want to go back here.. and—and even accusing us for kidnapping!?” Mrs.Lee added incredulously.

“Lee Sooyoung hasn’t said a word since we met..” Mrs.Lee added “and by not saying a word… I really meant that she, really didn’t say anything! At all!”

“Lee Seohyun, no matter how cheerful and friendly she is.. she has the worst manner!” Mrs.Lee snapped “why on earth that she took her street friends to this house!?”

“How the hell they all ended up like that?!!” Mrs.Lee snapped “just where you found them, and what happen to them!!”

“Are you--!! *cough*cough*cough..”

“Grandma?” Taeyeon asked worriedly.

And again, Mrs.Lee tried to calm herself down, steadying her breath.

Just then, another tall figure, dressed in black blazer walked inside the office room.

Bowing slightly the tall woman greeted “morning, Mrs.lee… did you call me?”

“Have you seen today’s news?” Mrs.Lee mumbled, straight to the point, eyes still closed.

“Yes, Mrs.Lee, I had..” she answered politely.

“Good.. did you already handle the media?”

“Yes, Mrs.Lee.. I already blocked all the access to get any more information regarding Lee’s family, mainly about your granddaughters..” she explained, making the old lady opened her eyes and staring intently on her words.

“I have forbid all the workers and maids around the house to say any words to any one, especially to outsiders..” she continued “for all the company’s employees, I have handle all of that as well..” she said “please don’t worry over that..”

Mrs.Lee sighed in relieve “thank you..” she said “I know I always can count on you, Kahi..” she added. Kahi is one of the most trust persons for Mrs.Lee, out from Hyomin, and her granddaughter, Taeyeon.

If by the moment Mrs.Lee has her granddaughter Taeyeon to help her about the company’s matter, for all the matter inside the family, she has Kahi. Further speaking, Kahi is considered as the family’s member, one of the persons, who is this far, already doing so many things for the Lee’s family.

And more, since Kahi is the one who is responsible for all the house work and all any other assignment relating Lee’s family like the maid, workers, drivers, and all the households, and even including the family members as well, Mrs.Lee’s personal assistant, Hyomin, as well as Taeyeon’s personal assistant, Hyeyeon are both working under Kahi.

“It’s my job, Mrs.Lee.. it’s supposed to be my duty..” the tall woman humbly said.

The old lady sighed, before she spoke “it’s really a big trouble..” she said “if I keep this on going on, they will make more troubles.. with that, in no time they can leave Lee’s family with nothing..” she added “..Kahi.. what do you think should I do toward my granddaughters?” and there again, Mrs.Lee asked for the tall woman’s advise.

“Mrs.Lee.. what do you expect for your granddaughters to do?” she asked, and now, they are more like being in some kind of discussion.

“Well, seeing their rude behavior and unmannerly attitude, I believe that should be my first priority..” Mrs.Lee said “and aside from that, I need to know how they ended up there after the accident, and what turned them out that way..”

“Then.. Mrs.Lee, how about you assign a personal assistant for each of them, just like how Mrs.Taeyeon has..” Kahi suggested “that way, their personal assistant can help them with their attitude problem, and while they are on it, they can gather information regarding their daily life, as well as their late family’s background..”

“Aside from that, their personal assistant can help them with their needs, and daily life, school, college, their business course, and all they are in..” Kahi ended.

The old lady seems to have a thought before she exclaimed “hmm, that’s right!” she agreed immediately “you’re really good with this..” she added, earning a small smile from the tall woman “but, I can’t just assign any random person to become their personal assistant..” she continued “they are my granddaughters, and so there should be a lot of people who want to hurt them and all..”

“For that.. Mrs.Lee.. can I suggest the person who I think will do a god job on that?”

“Hmm.. can I trust them?”

“Mrs.Lee, I can put my job on this..” Kahi answered briefly, making the old lady nodded.

“Go on..”

The tall woman bowed slightly, going out from the room, and in no time coming back with other two tall women, getting all eyes darted on both three of them.

“For your youngest granddaughter’s problem with her unmannerly behavior, I suggest Kwon Yuri..” She said, and the tanned woman on her left, bowed slightly “she is one of the teachers in the best personality school in Korean..” she explained “and for a starter, she can help Miss Seohyun to become the lady of Lee’s with her strict lessons..”

The old lady nodded, listening to Kahi’s explanation, when she goes into her second introduction.

“For Miss Miyoung’s rude behavior, I suggest Kwon Boa..” she continued, making the girl on her right bowed slightly “aside form the experience she has in the same school as Yuri.. she had worked with Jung’s family before, in the Jung’s company, as one of the company’s trainer..” she explained “therefore, I believe she knows quite a number of Jung enterprise’s workers, and more, she got quite a lot of co-worker who are still working there, it will make her easier to find any information about the Jung’s family..” she ended “and you don’t have to worry since they both are my cousin, Mrs.Lee..”

Mrs.Lee nodded, still listening to the tall woman’s explanation.

“And last..” she said, pausing before she continued “I will go with miss Sooyoung..”

“Hmm?” Mrs.Lee’s brows creased, obviously questioned about Kahi’s decision “you, yourself, are going to become Sooyoung’s personal assistant?”

“Yes, Mrs.Lee..” Kahi answered shortly.

“That’s all? no explanation? no introduction?” Mrs.Lee asked, left brow raise “you’re not saying anything about Sooyoung or the reason why you want to become her personal assistant?” the old lady asked, obviously questioning the tall woman’s decision “..do you.. know something I need to know?”

“..I.. surely will inform you if I get anything regarding any information about your granddaughter, Mrs.lee..”

The old lady eyed the tall women for a while, doubtfully, knowing there must be a reason why she chose to become one of her granddaughter’s personal assistants, but she just can’t see the reason.

“Okay..” the old lady finally voiced, knowing she won’t get any more explanation from the tall woman “for three of you, I want you to find anything regarding my granddaughters life, what kind of family they’re living with, and how they ended up living with them, everything about them all these late 13 years..” the old lady said sternly “I don’t care whatever method you did to gain the information, I want to know everything about them..”

“Yes, Mrs.Lee..” the three persons answered almost together.

“For now, your job is to find any information about their life while they went missing.. and aside from that, I want you to help them with their attitude, manner, and behavior..”

“So, no matter what.. and whatever method you use..” Mrs.Lee said, staring into the three woman’s eyes sharply “.. I want you to, fix them…”