That girl

Sweet Sorrow

“Aunt Jin!” a loud cheery voice called through the entire house early in the morning, the echo clearly heard in the entire first level when the girl who has been yelling is just walking halfway on the spiral stairs “aunt Jin!”

“Yes! Yes, young miss?” a middle age woman rushed to the source of voice hurriedly.

“Have you seen cheery?” the young lady asked.

“Have you cheek the dog’s room, miss?” the old lady asked “or maybe at your room?”

“No, aunt Jin, Mori and Suri are there, but not cherry! Aish!” the girl sighed before reaching the first floor “has she been out again?” she quietly mumbled.

“Ah, maybe she is! I was accidentally left the front door opened while taking mails and newspaper just a moment ago!” the old lady swiftly answered in worried.

The young girl giggled “ah, don’t worry aunt Jin..” she smiled “Cherry has been always the rebel one,” she spoke “she must has been bored playing just with Mori and Suri.”

“I—I am so—sorry miss..” the old lady said apologetically “I should have been more careful.”

“It’s okay.” The young girl assured with another smile “Cherry won’t go to far, besides, the moment she gets hungry, she will always find a way home.”

The old lady nodded obediently.

“Hmm..” the young girl glanced on her watch “but I need to get to school now, waiting might not be a good idea.”

“I—I will go looking for her miss!” the old lady quickly offered.

“Nah, it’s okay, I still have time,” she said “I will just walk around, and if I couldn’t find her, I will let you know so you could looking for her, is that okay?”

“Su—sure young miss!”

The old lady could not be more thankful. For her 13 years working with the family, never once any of the family members treated her less than how she is supposed to be.

Not that there are much of family members here either, but a small family consisted with a husband, a wife, and a daughter is enough to complete what a family should have.

Along with two gardeners, four maids including her, a security and a driver, most of them are working about ten years, and those who didn’t might only replace the oldest one who quit mostly because they are too old and tired for helping the family any longer.

Such a sweet heart this family has, a beautiful sweet heart that still tied the family tight no matter how busy both her parents are.

The old lady smiled softly while watching the young girl walked out in a hum.

The girl is walking out from the big door, might even twice her height, walking passed the front garden before she reached the gate.

She is wondering around. Living in a luxury real estate, Green Deco, with the assurance of full time security, for her almost eight years living there, not once, not on her house nor in the neighborhood had ever happened criminality before.

Taking her time to glance on the big house across her house, she sighed.

It was just last night that the house was filled with people, most of them she knows or at least ever seen few times before.

Well, most was her parents friends, or clients.

Being a daughter of both well known lawyers give her much of what she has never even thought before.

She was there last night, her thought wandering with her eyes set on the big house, thrice or may even bigger than hers.

She was there even less than half an hour, and too bad that she couldn’t witness the interesting thing happened there last night.

She bet, most of her friends would already talk about it at school anyway.

She could only have a glance on the lost lee’s granddaughters, nothing more, before she went home. It was then only because her parents asked her too join them, before early this morning, they were already nowhere to be seen.

Well, grandma Lee, or that’s how she called the owner of the house, is one of her father’s biggest client.

So there should be a lot more time to see what the granddaughters look like.

But now, she needs to find cheery.

Continuing with her search, she is walking to the park nearby. Cherry must not been too far from home.

The park is quite big, consisted by many kinds of flowers, trees, a lake, and benches here and there. It was decorated eco friendly where the occupant in the estate could spent time with their loved ones, or alone.

The young girl, again, is glancing on her watch. She is going to be late for school by now.

Okay, let’s just ask aunt Jin to--..

Wooff!! Woof!!

She stops on her track, that’s definitely Cherry.

Knowing that she almost got that lovely rebel dog of hers, the young brunette is walking to where she heard the sound.

But not only did she found her dog, the dog actually is plying with a tall brunette, strangely, not that familiar.

The tall brunette is smiling while playing with Cherry. She looks sweet and loving with that smile, which enough to draw one on herself as well.

Nope, she is living here for almost eight years already. There couldn’t be any occupant that she is not aware about.

Well, maybe aside from—

The dog must feel her owner’s presence, that it hurriedly runs to her master.

“Jezz, Cherry, stop running away from home,” she nagged right away.

The other girl, feeling another presence is stiffened right away, her smile disappeared right away.

She offers a small smile after picking the dog in her embrace “hey..” she greeted, being as friendly as how she usually is “are you new here? I haven’t seen you around.”

The girl doesn’t answer, instead, she bowed politely enough before she was about to walk passed by her.

But she is quick to grab her arm “hey, thank you for finding Cherry,” she tried to get the other girl to talk again “what is your name?”

The tall brunette isn’t answering yet again, pulling her hand from the other’s girl grip, standing still while evidently she looks pretty uncomfortable.

“Hey.. are you--..”

“Miss Sooyoung, the car is ready,” it was a tall woman which she recognized as grandma Lee’s assistant, Kahi if she is not mistaken. She has never talked to the woman much, but her father must have meet and talk to her.

Aware of her presence, the tall woman bowed politely which she replied with the same gesture.

The young brunette is saying nothing as she followed Kahi to where she supposed their car.

“..Sooyoung, huh?” the girl smiled by the name, before something hit her “oh, crap! I am going to be late!! If I am late, it was so because of you Cherry!!” as she run back to her house, she hasn’t stop nagging the dog that give nothing but innocent excited woof.

-----

 

“Have you heard about that?!!”

“W..what?” she asked tiredly. She has been running, and it’s good that she is not late, well, almost.

“One of the founded Lee’s granddaughters is going to be here!” the girl with a ponytail said “well, actually two, one in the second year, and another one in third year!”

“..yeah.. yeah..” the girl absentmindedly answered, not even paying any attention to the her two bestfriends. She is busy catching her breath.

“I hope she is in our class!!” the girl with glasses said “you know, being friends with her will be good for me.”

“Right!! I was thinking the same too!!” the girl in ponytail replied as excited “we could try to get her into our group!!” she added, before turning to the still tired girl “what do you say--..”

“Okay class!!” Mr.Jung, their math teacher as well as their class teacher “take a seat please, we are going to start to study!”

“Arhg!” the girl in ponytail grunted before she turned to the front, followed by her seat mate.

The students don’t even bother to hold back their protest.

“Oh right, but before that,” Mr.Jung said “we have a new student today..”

The class went silent instantly, waiting in obvious silent excitement.

Mr.Jung walked to the door, walking back to the front class with a girl followed after.

“Okay, class.. starting today, she is going to be your classmate,” Mr.Jung said “..class, this is Lee Sooyoung..”

With the name being said, the girl on the back row lifted her face.

It’s that girl she met in the park earlier.

A small smile appeared on her face.

In her two years enrolling SM High School, never once she has this feeling..

Somehow, maybe her high school life wouldn’t be as boring anymore..