Secrets

Sweet Sorrow

Sooyoung is walking to her seat where Mr.Jung pointed right away, not even bother to reply the curious glance or the smiles offered by her new classmate.

“It must be fate.” It comes from her new seat mate that Sooyoung turned slowly, only to find the very same girl she saw this morning by her sight.

“Im Yoona.” The girl offered her hand with a friendly smile.

Sooyoung glanced on the offered hand, and instead of answering, Sooyoung’s cold toneless voice heard “Sooyoung.” before the girl turned to her front.

Yoona’s left brow rose, but she shrugged with a smile, interesting.

It was interesting how Sooyoung didn’t take her hand. Nobody has ever did that to her before. Aside from her status, her name which people knows from her family, and her background, Yoona’s appearance is more than average either.

Is this girl doesn’t know who she is?

But even so, none of Lee’s family is friendly either.

It was interesting how this girl clearly ignore her, only to intrigue her worse.

And out of all, it was interesting how the girl introduced herself without her surname. Like, come on, being a Lee is not only a gift, but it is something everybody would kill for.

Why? is she ashamed? Nah, no Yoona shook her head imaginatively, why should she?

Scared? Well, that was one point of bull..

Or maybe just not accustomed to? It was the most logic excuse Yoona could find at the moment.

“Okay class, we will start the lesson now..” Mr.Jung’s voice spoke, earning displease grunt from the students “and Sooyoung, you can share with Yoona until you have yours maybe by the end of this week.”

Yoona could see the tall brunette heaved a sigh before she turned reluctantly back to her.

And Yoona can’t help but smiling over the cute desperate sigh.

The tall brunette refused to set her eyes to Yoona’s who is still staring at her side façade.

The smile Yoona offered is making the girl anxious, and Yoona can’t help but to hold herself from giggling. Adding to the attempt the girl is doing which is trying to say something over the share book.

In the end, still with the same smile, Yoona pushed her book to the center in between her and Sooyoung, which replace by a silent sigh in relief.

Yoona is giggling silently.

Well, well. This girl is really interesting.

-----

 

“Hyun!!!” a young lady yelled, calling a certain figure who is standing in front of the school bulding.

The girl turned instantly by the familiar voice, having a sight of a tall woman with short brown hair in the uniform similar to her.

“Amber!!” the tall girl giggled “you look good in that uniform!” she praised despite the appearance of the other girl which is far from tidy.

Amber laughed with blushed that go unseen by her bestfriend “well, thanks to you! if it wasn’t you, I won’t even dream to be a student in this school.”

“Nah, school is not fun without you!” she giggled “besides, if my other sister,” she paused, feeling all awkward with the label “can have her step sister in the same university with her, why can’t I?”

Amber laughed by her bestfriend remark “and what’s with your uniform, Juhyun!!”

“Oh, don’t remind me!” the tall girl rolled her eyes in annoyance “my new grandma scanned me from head to toe and make sure I don’t embarrassed her, or again I quote,” she said in sarcasm “our family name in my first day on school!!”

Amber giggled “right, you are a young lady now,” she said with a hint of joke, lightly pinch her bestfriend’s waist.

The tall girl giggled “I enjoy this though,” she said “living in a castle, eating everything I had only used to imagine,” she spoke “that house has like tens maids, few drivers, gardeners,” she shrugged “and all of them are treating me like a princess.” She laughed after.

“Good for you,” Amber smiled “it was all supposed to be yours in the first place.” She added with a grin “so, should I call you miss Lee Seohyun now?”

“Oh, don’t be..” she mirrored the grin “I always love being Liu Juhyun, I always love it when you called me Hyun,” she added “besides, it doesn’t make any differences anyway, I still have Hyun in my name.”

Amber blushed which again, go unseen by her bestfriend “ye-yeah!”

“So, should we walked to class?”

Amber nodded, grabbing her bestfriend’s hand “sure!!” she laughed as they walked inside the building.

-----

 

“Yes miss Kahi,” A blonde woman nodded “I will make sure to deliver any news I got regarding of Miss Mi—Tiffany, Miss Sooyoung, and Miss Seohyun.”

The older woman tilted her head.

The standing woman awkwardly coughed before she added “so does Miss Taeyeon.”

Kahi is staring right into the blonde woman’s eyes intently “can I trust your word in this, Hyoyeon?”

Hyoyeon hold herself from answering, doubting. What is this about?

“Hyoyeon?”

Again, Hyoyeon cleared before she answered “I will do my best, mam.”

“Good.” the other woman said “I will appreciate it if you keep this away from Miss Taeyeon.” The woman said, earning a questioned look on the other woman’s face “and you may dismiss now.”

But instead of leaving, Hyoyeon is standing still in the middle of the room, Kahi’s private office in the house.

Sensing Hyoyeon’s still presence, Kahi looked up “do you have anything else to say?”

Hyoyeon is never been disputant, but she has this bad urge to voice out her thought, which she ended up in silence.

“..if there is one thing you need to know about this,” Kahi voiced out “is that I,” the lady said “I will do anything to protect this family.. even if it costs me my life.” she said “and for now, I hope this answer can satisfy your curiousity..”

Hyoyeon stayed silent, nodded before she whispered “..I trust you more than anyone else..” she said after “I respect you, and most of all, mam..” Hyoyeon smiled “I will do anything I can to help you and whatever you ordered me to..” she said “that’s why, even if things goes wrong.. I will always stand by your side.”

Kahi said nothing, staring back.

Twelve years ago, this young woman was just a kid, a little kid who lost, without anyone to depend to.

But her she is, saying all the things Kahi never expected to hear, not again.

I will always stand by your side.

With a polite bow, Hyoyeon spoke “I will take my leave.” before she left the room.

Kahi is staring on the closed door, before her cold expressionless facial expression gradually disappeared, changing to a tired one. It is just when she is alone, that her guarded expression calmed.

Kahi slowly turned her head, her hand reached the knob on the side drawer of her table, pulling out as she carefully picked the documents which hide a picture down on the based of the drawer.

Kahi picked the picture up, it was a photo, a photo of two young women in their twenties, smiling so brightly.

“…I promised, didn’t I?” Kahi’s voice is what was heard thought the quiet room “..and I will keep my promise..” she whispered softly “I will…”

-----

 

The moment she closed the door, Hyoyeon leaned her back on the wall by the side, closing her eyes before she breaths in and out, and again until her heart calmed down.

She trusts this woman, the woman who has taken care of her for twelve years when she ran out from the orphanage.

So if there is someone she will trust her life with, it will be Kahi.

And for whatever the woman is planning to do, she knows, Kahi loves this family way too much to put it in danger. No, she should trust Kahi without any question.

Hyoyeon opened her eyes, heaved another deep breath before she glanced on he watch.

She still has time, they usually go to the company before nine.

But she needs to check op on her lady, that girl hasn’t been anywhere since breakfast, and for her, it feels like forever.

Walking straight to her lady’s room, Hyoyeon knocked on the door as she arrived “..Miss?”

No answer.

Weird, where could she be?

Carefully, Hyoyeon glanced right and left before she opened the door.

She is not supposed to come inside the room without permission, every employees aren’t, but only God knows how many times she has violate that rule already.

Closing the door as careful, Hyoyeon is wandering around the familiar room “Tae?”

Checking the wardrobe, bathroom, and no sign of the petite lady yet.

Where could the adorable lady be?

“..Tae? oh, come on! I am not playing!” Hyoyeon ranted “Tae—oh my!!!” she gasped in surprise when she feels a weight on her back.

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, really.. It is hard to believe that in four months this woman will be 21.

“Mam, would you please kindly to stand on you feet?”

But the arms around Hyoyeon’s neck tightened.

“Tae--..”

“I told you to come to my room last night.” Taeyeon said coldly, climbing down from her personal assistant’s back “and you weren’t coming.”

Hyoyeon stiffened, turning to face the lady slowly “I—I thought we—we agreed to keep our relationship a secret?”

“And I did!” Taeyeon protested right away, pointed out with pushing her finger on Hyoyeon’s shoulder “because if not, Kim Hyoyeon-shi..” she added as cold, leaning closer until her lips touching Hyoyeon’s ear “I will be kissing you madly in front of my grandma without any care anytime I want to..”

“Tae!! Wh—what if so-someone heard you!!” Hyoyeon anxiously taking steps back, blushing madly, only to encourage the other woman to close the distance.

“And do you think I care?” Taeyeon asked, not changing her expressionless face.

“Hey, we—we..” Hyoyeon’s stuttering cut when the back of her knees hit the side of Taeyeon’s bed, causing her to fall on her back on Taeyeon’s bed, and easily letting the other woman to climb on her once again “Taee!!”

“And I hate it when you call me mam.” Taeyeon spoke.

“We agreed about that!” Hyoyeon said defensively “I will call you mam in any formal occasion!”

Taeyeon sighed before she is leaning down, letting the tip of her nose brushing with Hyoyeon’s, before pressing her lips, and in no second, they are kissing like they haven’t meet for years.

“..Ta-tae..” Hyoyeon panted “yo—your grandma will be looking for—for you..”

Taeyeon parted their lips, Hyoyeon’s lips before she rested her temple on Hyoyeon’s, meeting their eyes.

“Are you coming tonight?” Taeyeon asked softly when her breathing calmed down.

“It is harder to come here these days..” Hyoyeon spoke “there are too much pairs of eyes, and with your sisters here..” she continued “you know Mrs.Lee with be extra cautions inside the master house..”

Taeyeon’s frowned “you are talking like we were living blocks away.” She said “when it was just a garden between the houses.”

“Well, at least I should still be grateful that Mrs.Lee let me staying in the worker house.” Hyoyeon mirrored the frown “would you prefer me being homeless.”

Raising her left brow, Taeyeon answered “wouldn’t it be better? I will take you to live with me, here.”

Hyoyeon giggled, lifting her hand to gently caress her girlfriend’s cheek “please wait for a while..” she said softly “we’ve been sneaking around a lot, and it won’t hurt if we take a rest for few days, will we?”

“I am hurt.” Taeyeon instantly replied.

Hyoyeon sighed “Tae--..”

“But, you are the only person who ever asked me to do that.” Taeyeon’s brows furrowed “I practically throw myself to you, and you push me away!”

Taeyeon abruptly stands, with Hyoyeon managed to grab her arm, pulling her into a tight hug, back on her lap.

“..I love you Tae.. and you know that.” Hyoyeon spoke softly “I love you too much that it hurt me seeing you mad, or—or cry.. sad..” she added “and even hurt when I was the one who cause you pain.”

Taeyeon buried her face on Hyoyeon’s neck, arms circling around the blonde’s waist.

“..I hate it when you are quiet..” Hyoyeon spoke “so can you talk to me?”

Taeyeon slowly pulled from the hug, still frowning “there is a price for asking Lee Taeyeon to be patient.”

“And with all my wealth, I am willing to pay.” Hyoyeon replied with a smile.

“The problem is,” there, what’s got Hyoyeon always sighed in defeated “I don’t need your wealth.”

Of course, Hyoyeon should see this coming.

“I want you, you, my Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon whispered huskily, and the next thing Hyoyeon knows, she is already on bed, with her girlfriend on top of her.

“Tae, we can’t do this now.” Hyoyeon argued “you don’t want Mrs.Lee find us at the company all messy, and…” she paused “…branded..”

“Branded?” Taeyeon’s lips curved into a smirk “that’s a good idea..”

“Taee..” Hyoyeon desperately calls, close to whining already.

“..oh,” Taeyeon chuckled “trust me, I will change your mind less than a minute.” And with that, no more words needed, Hyoyeon can feels that warm wet muscle on her neck.

“Oh go—Tae!!” Hyoyeon gasped when it followed with a bite mark.

Taeyeon pulled, only to give this familiar, Hyoyeon’s favorite smile when she said “oh baby, trust me, I haven’t even started..”

-----

 

“Jessie!! Jessie!!” a red haired girl half yelled with her already loud voice from almost the last row of seats, waving her hand excitedly the moment a certain blonde walked into the class.

The petite blonde keep her cold expression, hiding the fact that she is quite nervous on her first class with all eyes darted on her and whispering start become obvious.

“Hey!” Tiffany smiled brightly on the blonde who is sitting by her side before she frowned “you should just let me fetch you.”

“And I told you that wasn’t necessary.”

Tiffany’s smile is back on her face as she leaned closer to Jessica’s side façade “..so, can I have a kiss?”

Jessica heaved a sigh, glancing over the curious pairs of eyes that not hide much of their interest. Tiffany is a Lee, and Jessica is sure that she sees this coming.

The news that Lee’s second granddaughter is enrolling this university is more than enough to stir a fire, and now that all of it burning already, there is not much that Jessica could hide either.

It might be only time until her private life become a part of general knowledge as well.

“Not here.”

Tiffany’s smiled faded, but she pulls herself back, leaning her back on her seat, mindlessly playing with her phone.

Again, Jessica exhales a deep sigh.

Why can’t she just ignore that?

Making up her mind, Jessica lifts her head, glaring coldly to the tens of students who are almost immediately turned back to the front before she leaned to Tiffany’s side and place a peck on the sulking brunette’s cheek.

Tiffany’s smile glowing just instantly “on lips?”

Jessica gave a small smile “not now.”

Tiffany is staring back before she whispered softly “fine..”

Jessica nodded, before she turned back to the front.

Tiffany studied her step sister’s side façade “..Jessi..” she called softly, getting the blonde to turn back to her “..are you mad at me?”

Jessica stayed quiet, before she spoke “it was just me.” she said “you know how I was when I am out from my comfort zone.” She added “I feel strange and awkward.”

“You have me.” Tiffany spoke, slipping her right hand on Jessica’s left, before intertwine their fingers “forgive me please?”

Jessica giggled softly, using her free hand to caress Tiffany’s cheek. Even if she is mad, how come she is still does when Tiffany is all her reason to smile.

“Don’t take advantage on me.” Jessica replied.

“Please?” Tiffany tilted her head slightly, her eyes rounded big.

Jessica smiled “I will let this one go,” she continued “but next time, please consult me when you were thinking about transferring me to another university.” She said “we are putting my future there by your reckless decision.”

“I can’t stay away from you.” Tiffany replied, leaning her head on Jessica’s shoulder “I don’t want to stay away from you.” she whispered “thank you.”

Jessica patted the latter’s head, tightened her fingers in between Tiffany’s “yeah, you’re welcome..” Jessica replied as softly “that’s what family does, isn’t it?”

Tiffany’s smile faded once again, her heart cracked by that simple word. How much should she sacrifice to own this woman, how much more should she fight to get this blonde realize.. that if there is family in between them, it was when she, vowed her life to the hand of this woman.

But only if she can see..

If only she can feel..

That she is not the only one with a hole in her heart..

 

It might be years to take to bury a secret down in the deepest part of heart.

It might be scars to cover all the innocent in the wounded soul.

It might be dark to imprison once a wondering mind.

But just one, one person, and always one to open what should never be opened.

And just as often, when soul is lost, and heart is shattered, and mind is imprisoned.

It take just someone, just one person, to set the other free and save..

Just one person..

 

And just like someone had ever said, remember good times, because nothing last forever..